Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic
DildorTheDecent
DildorTheDecent

Will probably offend you.

• 4,173 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Did a few Chrome/Web units but got the client working again. 

GTX 980 on a 0x15

Core i5 3570K on a 0xa4

52K PPD so far. 

Combatting coil whine simulator. 

Stuff and Things

Extingquish
Extingquish

Most likely using >10GB RAM

• 1,109 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Did a few Chrome/Web units but got the client working again. 

GTX 980 on a 0x15

Core i5 3570K on a 0xa4

52K PPD so far. 

Combatting coil whine simulator. 

Welcome to the team!  :D

Just a tip, once you've qualified for QRB, you should probably remove the CPU slot, as it doesn't give many PPD, and it quite a bit of power :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: Mushkin Silverline 8GB 1333MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

AxelRantila
AxelRantila

• 320 posts
  • LocationSweden

Welcome to the team!   :D

Just a tip, once you've qualified for QRB, you should probably remove the CPU slot, as it doesn't give many PPD, and it quite a bit of power :)

I live in a student apartment right now where my electricity is included in the rent so I'll keep folding on both my CPU and GPU. And I'm not a huge quite freak either.

Anyway, 169k points for about 5 days of folding for me so far

DildorTheDecent
DildorTheDecent

Will probably offend you.

• 4,173 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Welcome to the team!   :D

Thanks. Been on and off folding since i don't have much free time but i can browse the web and leave it on full power anyway. 

If anything my GPU consumes twice to three times the power of my CPU. 

Stuff and Things

mwthomas10
mwthomas10

• 70 posts

I just joined 2 days ago so I'm really new.  My status bar just hit 100% and started over, but I wasn't awarded any points.  Is that supposed to happen?  I don't think I got any credit for completing the work unit either, but the work unit number changed.  The amount of days I have to complete the WU didnt change either.....Help?

• | 2014 Retina MacBook Pro 13" | 8GB RAM | Intel Haswell 4278U i5 2.6ghz Dual Core CPU | Intel Iris 5100 (soon eGPU GTX 960) | 256GB Apple PCIe SSD | WD MyPassword 1TB External HDD | Magic Mouse |

blackadder
blackadder

Hand of Nod

• 1,387 posts

I just joined 2 days ago so I'm really new.  My status bar just hit 100% and started over, but I wasn't awarded any points.  Is that supposed to happen?  I don't think I got any credit for completing the work unit either, but the work unit number changed.  The amount of days I have to complete the WU didnt change either.....Help?

did you wait a hour, i know the server updates on the hour. maybe it got stuck. i'm a super noob at folding too.  

check here in the pimnned http://linustechtips...ated-aug-2014/ 

mwthomas10
mwthomas10

• 70 posts

did you wait a hour, i know the server updates on the hour. maybe it got stuck. i'm a super noob at folding too.  

check here in the pimnned http://linustechtips...ated-aug-2014/ 

It updated! I did a client refresh, where I quit the client, then restarted it and relogged into web control.  That fixed it.

• blackadder likes this
  • | 2014 Retina MacBook Pro 13" | 8GB RAM | Intel Haswell 4278U i5 2.6ghz Dual Core CPU | Intel Iris 5100 (soon eGPU GTX 960) | 256GB Apple PCIe SSD | WD MyPassword 1TB External HDD | Magic Mouse |

gasho
gasho

• 376 posts
  • LocationBratif***slava

5.000.000 Points ! YEAHYA

• Raboo likes this

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

mwthomas10
mwthomas10

• 70 posts

5.000.000 Points ! YEAHYA

A Xeon and a 280x?  seems a bit unbalanced....hella better then anything i could afford tho...but this thread isnt for personal builds.

YAY FOR THE POINTS

EnzoMP
EnzoMP

• 4 posts
  • LocationSalerno, Italy

Is the team number still 223518?

blackadder
blackadder

Hand of Nod

• 1,387 posts

Is the team number still 223518?

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic