Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Does the Protein viewer dont work on GPU projects? I have tried to view my folded gpu images with the protein viewer but it never showed one picture. It says connected, but 0 of 0 snapshots and in addition loading but nothing happens.

Thank you!

Does the Protein viewer dont work on GPU projects? I have tried to view my folded gpu images with the protein viewer but it never showed one picture. It says connected, but 0 of 0 snapshots and in addition loading but nothing happens.

Thank you!

I don't think so as far as I can tell

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

• 2 weeks later...

Joined the team and have officially begun folding! I got the Chrome Web App on my Chromebook but once I get my workstation/gaming rig up and running I'll be folding with that as well. 

post-281583-0-67632600-1447648162_thumb.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Getting a weird Core 21 WU past few hours.  Sub 5k PPD, and ETA 7 days?  It's the first time I've had these kind of WU's on my GTX 970 that doesn't complete in less than 6 hours.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just joined! 

Main: CPU: i5 4570 | Motherboard: Asus B85M-G | RAM: 8GB Corsair PC3-10666 | GPU: AMD HD 7790 

Case: Asgard 382 - Black | Storage: 1x 1TB HDD and 1x 500GB HDD | PSU: Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W | Display: LG 22EA53 and Logik TV | Cooling: Xigmatek Stock Fan | 3D Mark Results

I joined last night and the machine is currently on its second work unit (older PC, slightly worse internet connection). After all, I always love to help communities in any way I can (and I'm contributing my points to the LTT team!)

I joined last night and the machine is currently on its second work unit (older PC, slightly worse internet connection). After all, I always love to help communities in any way I can (and I'm contributing my points to the LTT team!)

Cool!

Main: CPU: i5 4570 | Motherboard: Asus B85M-G | RAM: 8GB Corsair PC3-10666 | GPU: AMD HD 7790 

Case: Asgard 382 - Black | Storage: 1x 1TB HDD and 1x 500GB HDD | PSU: Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W | Display: LG 22EA53 and Logik TV | Cooling: Xigmatek Stock Fan | 3D Mark Results

Cool!

But not as cool as a potential server/occasional gaming PC I'm planning on building soon! (This will then mean I can have faster Internet speeds for Folding@Home and more points!)

But not as cool as a potential server/occasional gaming PC I'm planning on building soon! (This will then mean I can have faster Internet speeds for Folding@Home and more points!)

:D

Just started folding again, but it just seems like it's not working right. Both CPU and GPU usage are normal (each at 97%-99%), but it seems like the temperatures are really low compared to normal gaming. CPU is at 45C and GPU is at 44C.

Anybody else's AMD CPU's not heating up?

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Signed up,  :D

---- Dell T7500 : 2x X5660 : 56Gb : HD7850 2Gb : Vx24AH 1440p@69Hz  ---- ThinkServer T410 : E3-1225 : 16Gb ---- QNAP NAS ---- Ubiquiti AC Network gear ----

New member and I have joined, will run it 15 hours a day as every little bit helps

Ok got both my system up and running

Donor ELSknutson Team LinusTechTips_Team (223518) Score 422080 (certificate) Donor Rank 80424 of 1807513 WU 55 (certificate

How demaning is this on a system Should I run this 24/7 or is it best to give my hardware a break every night?

As long as you have good airflow and your temps are ok, shouldn't be any issue...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

A hearty welcome to all the new members that have joined the team!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

As long as you have good airflow and your temps are ok, shouldn't be any issue...

my rig is water cooled with a 240 on the rad and 240 on the CPU SP fans on both. 140mm on the back 

Joined.  Still have zero points.   :P

A hero need not speak, when he is gone, the world will speak for him.

Reached and passed the 21 WU! No where close to a million points though I don't think :P

Milestone update:

Currently exceeded 25M points  (Silver badge time yay)

Made it to the LTT top 50

Currently ranked 8th in LTT top 20 http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

and currently ranked at around 4000th in the world.

Next goal, Gold badge 100M points ...I guess in about 8 months

AND ..LTT have just overtaken Hewlett Packard, moving up to the 16th spot, GG !!

Another update, however this one is not as grand...

I was looking to hit the gold Badge before the year's end, sooner than I had guestimated in the above quote.  (I discovered that not running utorrent overnight, increased my PPD)

Anyway.... Some of you may have noticed I haven't been active for almost 2 weeks now and a couple of weeks prior my PPD had halved as I was not folding 24/7 anymore but playing a couple of games.

And then this happened

I fried my TitanX !! ..I literally saw a plume of smoke emanating from one of it's IC's, I've RMA'd it but it can take up to 4 weeks apparently

In the meantime I've just swapped out the ram in my signature for 32GB of Dominator Platinum @ 3000 as I was running out (not folding, elsewhere)

Oh and I'm running on an Asus 980 Ti ...I'm not sure what my plans are now, re: folding ...I'll wait and see what Gigabyte say about the TitanX then decide. ...I did really want that gold badge ...currently I'm a little shy of 80M points.

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Joined last week at folding and i'm on team Linus Tech Tips!

Is it safe to fold at full? My cpu gets 100% usage when i use full.

Joined. Too bad I have to underclock my laptop to 85% CPU power in order to prevent Windows freezing on F@H. But, at least I'm helping

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

Joining up with my old GT630 if it can keep up with the deadlines, and my main rig if it doesn't melt me in my bedroom (But that 300k PPD would be nice to have)

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760