• Xsilent(X) and Raboo like this

Whaler_99
Whaler_99

A folding we shall go...

• 4,846 posts
  • LocationPlaying with the beavers....

User's Awards

I think I should post here and mention something to everyone:

If you have a Maxwell card, open up F@H & GPU-Z and see if your VRAM is boosting all the way whilst folding.   If it isn't boosting to 1752.8 MHz in GPU-Z, it's not fully boosting because your card is in P2 Power-state.

If it's not fully boosting, go and get "nvidia inspector" http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

Once you have it open, click on "overclocking mode" and click the dropdown menu that says "Performance Level 3"   click on "Performance Level 2" and slowly turn up the memory clock offset until you get to +3505 mhz, it will fix your VRAM boosting issue.  (It will read 1752.8 in GPU-Z afterwards)

This should give you more PPD afterwards, seeing as you went from 6004 to 7010 MHz on the VRAM.

Afterburner will not work, as it only changes P3 state, not P2.

@Whaler_99 I'm unsure if you want to mention this in a topic somewhere, it seems to be a known issue with F@H & BOINC with 970/980 cards.   (Or if this is good enough here)

Added to the FAQ - thanks!

• Lays likes this

Forum Links - THE CoC, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features and Suggestions, Bug and IssuesFeatured Build Logs Guidelines and Winners.

Folding/Boinc Info and Links

Whaler_99 Links

sylarspock
sylarspock

• 21 posts
  • LocationSingapore

got my issue sorted out - sort of

disabled CPU Folding and had no crashes for the past few days.
my 970 is crushing through with no issues 14WUs in just the past 3 days

tobben
tobben

• 2,042 posts
  • LocationNorway!

User's Awards

got my issue sorted out - sort of

disabled CPU Folding and had no crashes for the past few days.
my 970 is crushing through with no issues 14WUs in just the past 3 days

well yeah, that error seems to usually be cpu related... i would

do some proper cpu stability testing to see if you got a faulty 

system or not, it might affect more than folding. And check

your temps.

I would throw together a thread in the troubleshooting section

if i were you, it's good that it's kinda working temporarily though :P

my 4p machine for those who are interested.

http://linustechtips...r-mini-malossi/

Raboo
Raboo

LTT's Fish

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationAt My Desk

User's Awards

I joined a couple of days ago too.

Welcome to the Fold :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 [email protected] - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D -

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228

Briggsy
Briggsy

Help is on the way, I'm just here for the coffee

• 2,105 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

User's Awards

If we keep it up we should pass Anandtech by the end of this weekend, and Tom's Hardware by the end of next weekend.

Not an overly competitive person myself, but this is applause worthy.

• Extingquish and Raboo like this

Join the LTT Folding@home team and help us beat up disease. current LTT team stats || I bet 400 Quatloos that the 380x is announced in May 2015

My Contraption

tkell
tkell

• 39 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast

User's Awards

I like them 18 units, running 347.25 drivers at the moment. Are any older drivers doing better with the 18's ? Keeping over 200k ppd

(CPU) i7 4770K  (MB) MSI Z87I GAMING AC  (RAM) 8GB Patriot Viper 2133 XMP  (GPU) ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC  (CASE) Corsair 250D  (Storage)SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GBx4  (PSU)Corsair TX650M  (COOLING)-H100i    Folding ID Tim_Kelly

Xsilent(X)
Xsilent(X)

• 1,029 posts
  • LocationUnder a rooftop :)

User's Awards

I like them 18 units, running 347.25 drivers at the moment. Are any older drivers doing better with the 18's ? Keeping over 200k ppd

My 2 GTX 660 ti's are getting 140k ppd with core 18. And my 2 7970's are getting like 310k ppd with core 17.

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Pny GTX660TI sli, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1Scotty1
1Scotty1

• Bronze Contributor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Just started folding today :)

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16Gb --- MOBO: MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ --- PSU: Corsair RM850 --- Case: NZXT H440 white --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1
Monitor: 40" Panasonic LCD TV (1080p) --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) --- Audio: Siberia V2 black

Build log: Project YIN-YANG

Deimos
Deimos

• 10 posts
  • LocationMontreal Canada

Hey everyone! I just started folding about a week ago and everything was working fine but now for some reason when I open up advanced control its stuck on trying to connect and wont give me options about folding. The web controls work fine tho, I just prefer using advanced control. Anyone know how I can fix it? I`ve already tried re-installing. 

Extingquish
Extingquish

"Of course, it's trash" - Luke 2014

• 867 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Hey everyone! I just started folding about a week ago and everything was working fine but now for some reason when I open up advanced control its stuck on trying to connect and wont give me options about folding. The web controls work fine tho, I just prefer using advanced control. Anyone know how I can fix it? I`ve already tried re-installing. 

Did you choose to remove  the data when you uninstalled it?

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: Mushkin Silverline 8GB 1333MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Deimos
Deimos

• 10 posts
  • LocationMontreal Canada

Did you choose to remove  the data when you uninstalled it?

Wow I can`t believe I missed that  -_- thanks its working now!

Extingquish
Extingquish

• 867 posts

Wow I can`t believe I missed that   -_- thanks its working now!

No problem :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: Mushkin Silverline 8GB 1333MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Raboo
Raboo

LTT's Fish

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationAt My Desk

User's Awards

Just started folding today :)

Welcome to the Fold :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 [email protected] - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D -

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228

Briggsy
Briggsy

Help is on the way, I'm just here for the coffee

• 2,105 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

User's Awards

Just realized we passed Team Anandtech and we are now ranked 31st in the world.

congrats all. should be 30th in a week.

sb10062782q-001-mature-and-senior-busine

• Raboo likes this

Join the LTT Folding@home team and help us beat up disease. current LTT team stats || I bet 400 Quatloos that the 380x is announced in May 2015

My Contraption

Raboo
Raboo

LTT's Fish

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationAt My Desk

User's Awards

Just realized we passed Team Anandtech and we are now ranked 31st in the world.

congrats all. should be 30th in a week.

sb10062782q-001-mature-and-senior-busine

Awesome!!

Whaler_99
Whaler_99

A folding we shall go...

• 4,846 posts
  • LocationPlaying with the beavers....

User's Awards

ZOOM ZOOM

Forum Links - THE CoC, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features and Suggestions, Bug and IssuesFeatured Build Logs Guidelines and Winners.

Folding/Boinc Info and Links

Whaler_99 Links

Extingquish
Extingquish

• 867 posts

ZOOM ZOOM

goes the LTT team up the ranks :D

EDIT: wait, that's probably what you meant in the first place

• tobben likes this

tkell
tkell

• 39 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast

User's Awards

My 2 GTX 660 ti's are getting 140k ppd with core 18. And my 2 7970's are getting like 310k ppd with core 17.

I have had just a single active client on this team, just started last march.

(CPU) i7 4770K  (MB) MSI Z87I GAMING AC  (RAM) 8GB Patriot Viper 2133 XMP  (GPU) ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC  (CASE) Corsair 250D  (Storage)SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GBx4  (PSU)Corsair TX650M  (COOLING)-H100i    Folding ID Tim_Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users