Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Thanks !

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Welcome to all the new teams members!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

roughly how long does it take to get the FAH badge on the forums

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

roughly how long does it take to get the FAH badge on the forums

Have you sent Whaler a PM ?

It can take several days, at least mine did.  But how long is a piece of string (double the length of the centre to one end!) ...It would depend on how often Whaler logs on and how many infront of you need to be verified etc. You see the badges are manually given out.

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

When i started to foldon i never thinked io would get this far.. have a nice weekend all Cheer!..

gallery_15101_2213_24490.jpg

Have you sent Whaler a PM ?

It can take several days, at least mine did.  But how long is a piece of string (double the length of the centre to one end!) ...It would depend on how often Whaler logs on and how many infront of you need to be verified etc. You see the badges are manually given out.

no i mean to get the Work units

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

When i started to foldon i never thinked io would get this far.. have a nice weekend all Cheer!..

gallery_15101_2213_24490.jpg

Top Ten!  Grats Mummy :)

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If you're wondering how long to get a WU, then typically it's right away.  Sometimes there are none available going by what others have said, however in my current folding period (2 months) I haven't experienced this.

Perhaps someone who has can reply to you.

In the meantime, you could specify more details on what exactly you mean.  Giving details of your folding environment. CPU only, GPU Only, Combo, AMD or nVidia etc.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If you're wondering how long to get a WU, then typically it's right away.  Sometimes there are none available going by what others have said, however in my current folding period (2 months) I haven't experienced this.

Perhaps someone who has can reply to you.

In the meantime, you could specify more details on what exactly you mean.  Giving details of your folding environment. CPU only, GPU Only, Combo, AMD or nVidia etc.

I think what he's asking is how long would it take him to complete 21 work units (so he could get a badge).

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

There is no definite answer, depends on your hardware, tasks going on in the background.

For how long you fold each day, what kinda work units you get etc... But most likely it won't

take too long. A few days.. maybe a week... maybe more, it depends, fold on and find out. 

It really isn't as big of an investment as it should be.

Ahh a fellow Radelaidian, welcome mate

Recently, I had a good friend diagnosed with Parkinson's.  I have now joined this team and am proud to represent LTT.

Has anyone thought of combining FoldingCoin with F@H? And has anyone been doing it lately?

Hi, I've got a really stupid question and maybe a slightly less stupid one.

To get a badge you PM a mod with your folding ID, is that just my username?

And can you schedule your folding somehow? Like you can with torrent programs, like tell it when to do what?

I was looking around in the program, but didn't see anything that made sense to me.

I mean, you can set it to low, medium or high, and tell it to either run all the time or only when idle, but can you customize it more specifically somehow?

Edit: I also found an MSI RX3850-T2D512E (at least that seems to be what it is) lying around. Might that be a useful addition?

Edit2: Ah, no it's probably not supported, is it?

I live to read.

Hi, I've got a really stupid question and maybe a slightly less stupid one.

To get a badge you PM a mod with your folding ID, is that just my username?

And can you schedule your folding somehow? Like you can with torrent programs, like tell it when to do what?

I was looking around in the program, but didn't see anything that made sense to me.

I mean, you can set it to low, medium or high, and tell it to either run all the time or only when idle, but can you customize it more specifically somehow?

Edit: I also found an MSI RX3850-T2D512E (at least that seems to be what it is) lying around. Might that be a useful addition?

Yes, that should be sufficient. Remember, you must complete a certain number of WU's to qualify for the first badge. PM @Whaler_99 to get the badge updated.

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

Yeah just shoot Whaler a PM, include your user URL to make life easy :)

eg 'http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Chag4' providing that's you :)

Scheduling, not that I'm aware of. The folding control seems pretty limited.  Sucks really.

Folding now with my new GTX 960 a few hours a day (could not gpu fold before because to old). Should boost my points and help the team :)

How do i get the FAH system tray icon on Windows?

I had to reinstall the program and now iam unable to get the system tray icon in the bottom right corner.

Thanks for help

Welcome Teddy07!

What version of Windows do you use?

If your F@h program on you computer is running you should get it back by left clicking very little "pyramid" on left of the clock and then on changes..(or something like that. i dont have english version installed now) and then on FAHclient.exe icon click down and Choose show icon and identifications and then click OK.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Grats everyone, we've just moved into 15th :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

Me and my 980 joined too :)

Btw, LTT is 15th with 1% of the total. cool stuff :)

Ok, don't know if it's a problem, or it's supposed to be like that. But i get only like 1/10th of the points that is says i should get. My PPD is ~360k depending on my PC use. CPU (i7-4790k) and GPU at >90% utilisation on medium settings. My stats says i done 3 WUs so far. got only ~5k points. It's suspiciously looks like only from CPU. Is it normal?

Welcome Fobus!

Records are behind. my ppd is ~350 with core18 and sometimes 400+ with core 21 wus.

How many 24/7 days have you folded?

Cheers! Mummy

Take no notice of what the estimated PPD are for a new WU, It takes some time for them to settle down and form an accurate estimate.

(wait for 5% or more)

You will get more PPD when you qualify for the QRB, using a passkey  (see FAQ's)

Also, once a WU is completed and uploaded, the points are not immediately reflected in the client

(or on the Extreme Overclocking website - this is updated i *think* every 2 hrs or so)

• 2 weeks later...