Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

I've just installed it and started folding. I also have been folding on my phone since march, although I can't set that up to my account.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Joined.  I have an estimated points total of 5068 in my CPU, but it's declining.  I have 7949 and rising on my MSI 980 GTX Twin Frozr...

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...

Might as well put those extra cores to use... Here's a Xeon L5640 and a GTX 750 ti for the cause.

I'm counting on you to not waste my cpu cycles, Linus.

post-244733-0-04987100-1436881864.png

Folding For Linus since July 2015

how to join the linustechtips folding  team ???

Welcome to all new members!

how to join the linustechtips folding  team ???

Well, you fold under the team number 223518. so start folding, enter the team number and that's it.

There is an installation guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/876-foldinghome-install-guide-and-links-linustechtips-team-223518/

And FAQ to help you along: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/ 

Newbie joining the hype :D

tes.jpg.png

:ph34r:      i5 4460 3.2 Ghz | Asrock Z87 Pro4 | DDR3 16Gb | GTX 760 | Seidon 120 V     :ph34r:

Good job all, we've just jumped to 17th, overtaking Team MacOS X

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Whaler's back in town. :D

Welcome to all the new members and HI to all the "old hats". :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

new to the forums but have a 780 Ti and my 980 Ti both folding for me.  B)

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting an update of my progress.

Have been folding now since Early May 2015 ..so 6 weeksish

Have just exceeded 10M points

Made it to the LTT top 100

Currently ranked 17th in LTT Top 20 producers http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

and currently ranked at around 8000th in the world

Next goal, Silver badge 25M points ...I guess in about 2 months

Milestone update:

Currently exceeded 25M points  (Silver badge time yay)

Made it to the LTT top 50

Currently ranked 8th in LTT top 20 http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

and currently ranked at around 4000th in the world.

Next goal, Gold badge 100M points ...I guess in about 8 months

AND ..LTT have just overtaken Hewlett Packard, moving up to the 16th spot, GG !!

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Whoa - Impressive! I'm feeling a bit ... under powered, lol.  I think I'm going to wait until I install my solar power (in the research stages) before I run anything close to yours, Deltek - PG&E would eat me alive otherwise.  .33/kWh may not be as high as some places, but it's only going to get worse as California extorts those who can pay to support those who don't...

Folding For Linus since July 2015

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still how u join the official LTT folding team?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Is this still how u join the official LTT folding team?

Yes :)

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Yes :)

Good! I am currently contributing to the team then!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Can I Fold and do boinc on the same PC 

and would My Laptop run either of these?

Laptop Asus G751 JT  i7 4710Hq  Gtx 970m 

500GB SSD

Desktop  5820K   GtX titan X 

750GB SSD 3x250 ish   4tb HDD

Can I Fold and do boinc on the same PC 

and would My Laptop run either of these?

Laptop Asus G751 JT  i7 4710Hq  Gtx 970m 

500GB SSD

Desktop  5820K   GtX titan X 

750GB SSD 3x250 ish   4tb HDD

Well, you can. But i would advice you to just stick with one at a time. There isn't much to gain by running both

at the same time, will probably just wind up having both run poorly. You could for example run boinc on your 

cpu and use the gpu for folding, or opposite, but i would still stick with one at a time. 

Your laptop seem pretty high spec, for a laptop.. and it seems to have decent ish airflow, so yeah. It will probably

run fine, but keep an eye on the temperatures, adjust the workload if necessary. Generally not very advisable

to run folding/boinc on laptops though due to the hardware being in a very confined space with restricted airflow. 

Well, you can. But i would advice you to just stick with one at a time. There isn't much to gain by running both

at the same time, will probably just wind up having both run poorly. You could for example run boinc on your 

cpu and use the gpu for folding, or opposite, but i would still stick with one at a time. 

Your laptop seem pretty high spec, for a laptop.. and it seems to have decent ish airflow, so yeah. It will probably

run fine, but keep an eye on the temperatures, adjust the workload if necessary. 

Ok thank you Ill likely end up running one on my laptop and one on my desk top.

can someone give me direct f@h link please ? i click download yet i still dont get any download :(

Seems to be a problem currently. Many reported the same problem

Can someone upload the V7 client please? I really want to start folding again.

Ad victoriam ex machina non sibi sed patriae

Can someone upload the V7 client please? I really want to start folding again.

This isn't working? https://fah.stanford.edu/file-releases/public/release/fah-installer/windows-xp-32bit/v7.4/fah-installer_7.4.4_x86.exe

Because at least for me, it is doing as intended.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!