Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Yes. My GPU has now stopped folding after the completion of the last work unit

Wow I've been doing it wrong this whole time, I didn't realize using a passkey gave you bonus points for completing a task early. Well...shit, 2m points later I find out. But hey, still did the work towards kicking cancer's ass.

I hope MSI releases Afterburner 4.1.1 soon ..and I hope it will work without hacking on the TitanX like 4.1.0 does ....I still can't increase mem speed either ...not that ot matters for folding really.

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Heh, yeah I understand.

But a tweak is a tweak :)

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

i still have a higher GPU clock than you probably... even if i am 10GB ram down and several thousand cores behind.. just gonna go cry now..

Yep :) mine's @ 1387Mhz ...also my CPU OC is lower too, 4500Mhz  

I win by 2 MHz woo! I can't actually push the little maxwell puppy any further because it becomes horrendously unstable

Mine spends 90% of it's time at 4.1 GHz, 4.6 is for when it's cold or when I'm leaving fans on full all day

I thought you would like that :) ...I leave mine locked at 4.5 24/7 but I don't fold with it.  It wasn't stable for that ..elsewhere it seems fine ....have not tried Prime95 with it though, as I read where there is a small chance it can damage the 5960x at that voltage.

mmm okay just completed my 100th WU for LTT, sitting at around 2M points, so here are my stats, very roughly rounded

20k per WU on average

Given the above 285k per day Average

I could run 4.6 stable the whole time but 80C temps are not my thing. 75 is my max, 75 is where it's at.

i like to keepo things cool too ive been folding 24/7 for 2 weeks now im 303 on the team with a 3570k at 4.9 ghz 1.3 volts stable and never excede 70 degrees wile pushing 14k ppd just with the CPU and 300-315k pps on my 1516mhz 970 never exceding 50 c. cpu is on h240x water gpu is on air

i've been folding at light but i've only gotten 300 points in like 3 hours???? my cpu usage is 50% (see picture)  and idk what usage my gpu is (the fan is turned off so it is below 60 degrees)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0 Ghz

GPU: MSI GTX 960 2G GPU Clock @ 1190 Mhz Memory @ 1753 Mhz

OF34LYW.jpg

snip

Your GPU won't fold unless the pc is at idle when you set F@H at light.

It will also take a while before points are updated and in 3 hours of folding you most likely won't be finishing much WU's as most of them, especially on GPU, tend to take longer. 

Also have you already picked up a passkey? It'll get you extra points once you've finished 10 WU's. 

A hearty welcome to all the new users!

If you are having problems with your setup, please create a new thread with as much detail as possible. Also, read the FAQ! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hey,

Just setup my pc to fold this afternoon, so I thought I'd just say hi. Only got like 125 point so far but that was with the browser client and now I've downloaded the program so hopefully gonna be able to add a little more computing power to the cause and to the LTT Team :)

I've a suggestion, if it's possible. That is to add a badge key (or Legend) to the Badge FAQ thread if possible. Because the badges when simply displayed are pretty vague in what they represent, especially to us noobs.

Alternative idea, again if possible, would be a simple tooltip on mouseover on a member's badges. ...Actually as of writing this I see some badges have tooltips but not all... 

Yes I know I can click the hyper link User's Awards, but that to me is a little cumbersome :)

So in closing, suggestion 2 is clearly possible, but i think doing both suggestion 1 and 2 would rock

Thanks

can anyone tell me how to fix this, cpu isn't folding

'171.67.108.204:80': Empty work server assignment
05:34:16:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

can anyone tell me how to fix this, cpu isn't folding

I think if you wait it'll rectify ....from what I believe there's not as many CPU WU's.  I don't CPU fold personally but I am certain I read that recently.

I don't know if I should fold with my shitty laptop or not...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

If I want to join the LTT Folding@Home team, is there anything else I need to do other than enter the team number?

You have been Spfinated!

I joined the team a few weeks ago, but I don't trust leaving my pc on for extended periods of time without regular checks, so I only contribute every now and then :/

"If in doubt, flat out."

I've a suggestion, if it's possible. That is to add a badge key (or Legend) to the Badge FAQ thread if possible. Because the badges when simply displayed are pretty vague in what they represent, especially to us noobs.

Alternative idea, again if possible, would be a simple tooltip on mouseover on a member's badges. ...Actually as of writing this I see some badges have tooltips but not all... 

Yes I know I can click the hyper link User's Awards, but that to me is a little cumbersome :)

So in closing, suggestion 2 is clearly possible, but i think doing both suggestion 1 and 2 would rock

Thanks

I cannot do the tool tip - that is a per badge / per user item, hence why only some have it. But I did update the FAQ with the images themselves, so you can see. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

For laptops, best option is the Chrome App.

I cannot do the tool tip - that is a per badge / per user item, hence why only some have it. But I did update the FAQ with the images themselves, so you can see. :)

Thanks, that's great :)

No, but if you want bonus points which really helps the team get a passkey, you are prompted to anyway. The bonus points kick in after 10 work units are handed in I believe

Shortly after I posted this, I found a guide for things like that.  Thank you for getting back to me though!

You have been Spfinated!

Yes you should, I do and it's fine it might be a little hot but it should be good. 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715