Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Just sounds like you are entering it in wrong when confirming. Go to the site, re-request the key, copy and paste into both feilds, voila. :)

thank you it works

Could you maybe edit the first post? Because the Android App is already published :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.gridcomputing

~Straw

This is still a BETA solution and made specifically for Sony units. Technically not support on all units.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Welcome to all the new members. Luke needs to make another video and then maybe we can get to 20th overall.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Joined! Inspired after watching Luke's Video :)

HP Probook

Intel Q3630QM @ 8 Cores ... Every Little helps!

Joined! Inspired after watching Luke's Video :)

HP Probook

Intel Q3630QM @ 8 Cores ... Every Little helps!

Indeed every little bit helps :)

And welcome to the team :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Whoot getting 160K with 2 660ti's :)

post-4399-0-21719400-1430770604.png

Welcome to all the new members. Luke needs to make another video and then maybe we can get to 20th overall.

at this rate we will be 20th by the end of the month.

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Thanks XSilent(X) :)

I'll be setting up my laptop cooler tomorrow (Dual 120MM Fans) so i can run at 100% whilst keeping the laptop cooler and mostly quieter. F@H is set to Low right now so i can get some sleep lol

Hopeful get around to installing F@H on my Dual Xeon Mac Pro tomorrow too, just to try. Curious how it compares to the i7 in the Probook.

@Whaler_99 does this seem right? in one rig im am getting 170K and the other one 310K but the ppd tell me in HFM.net that i would get 660K points a day what is weird. my combined points should be 480K ppd

post-4399-0-45460700-1430784683_thumb.pn

Linus and Luke should make a video of those two 18 core Xeon's folding lol, would give us more publicity  and would be cool to see the PPD on that xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@Whaler_99 does this seem right? in one rig im am getting 170K and the other one 310K but the ppd tell me in HFM.net that i would get 660K points a day what is weird. my combined points should be 480K ppd

attachicon.gif600k.png

Huh, look at this:

Rig1GPU1 - 167K

Rig1GPU2 - 151K

= 300K ish

Rig2GPU1 - 167K

Rig2GPU2 - 151K

= 300K ish

I think I am seeing that right.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

A Xeon and a 280x?  seems a bit unbalanced....hella better then anything i could afford tho...but this thread isnt for personal builds.

YAY FOR THE POINTS

yeah the 280x should be replaced but I got other hobbies that require money so... PS. thanks ;)

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

hey guys new to the folding team. been on it about 5 days so far. i enjoy the videos so i figured id let you guys enjoy my participation! and almost 1` millions WU's is pretty impressive.

not a really high end machine but it gets the job done.

core i5 3570k at 4.6 1.25 vcore

msi gtx 970 at stock speeds which boost up to 1488 on its own without OC

seeing 225k-270k PPD

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=DevinR

11078250_10152731140901644_1374703991117

change drivers to 14.9 do a clean install then happy folding with 150K on the 7970 :) there is a bug in the opencl driver that makes older cards run slower on applications like boinc and f@h

Thanks, it was fun for some time. Then i get a bad WU stucking on 99.99% for hours. Pauseing fold made the PC to crass after some trying to stop folding on GPU and now my F@H consol dont member me anymore ("anonymous" trying to connect), so yeah now my folding is in full stop. Wel atleast it isnt hot in my room anymore :D

Thanks, it was fun for some time. Then i get a bad WU stucking on 99.99% for hours. Pauseing fold made the PC to crass after some trying to stop folding on GPU and now my F@H consol dont member me anymore ("anonymous" trying to connect), so yeah now my folding is in full stop. Wel atleast it isnt hot in my room anymore :D

A WU getting stuck on 99.99% is usually because of a drivers crash, either a reboot of F@H or your PC should get it folding again

You say that you're stuck on trying to connect: connect (or something similar, I can't remember exactly), right? If after the reboot you're still getting that, try reinstalling F@H and select the "Delete Data" option in the uninstaller

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

update for people getting the wu failed thing, check FAH blog for more up to date news. http://folding.stanford.edu/home/blog

As far as I'm aware, the servers just had no WUs, which wouldn't cause clients to fail :/

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

As far as I'm aware, the servers just had no WUs, which wouldn't cause clients to fail :/

i hope this is the case. As someone that loves science you gota feel for the waiting list some of these people go through. I hope we can expedite some of the process.

A WU getting stuck on 99.99% is usually because of a drivers crash, either a reboot of F@H or your PC should get it folding again

You say that you're stuck on trying to connect: connect (or something similar, I can't remember exactly), right? If after the reboot you're still getting that, try reinstalling F@H and select the "Delete Data" option in the uninstaller

I did get my driver file directly from AMD "Previous Drivers and Software". So it sold be good one.

But, this is also firsth time on this PC for that(stuck on 99.99%) to habend, so why not.

I have already tryed the restarting the PC. Reinstall of F@H is next on my list with getting my main PC to show even bootscreen.

Thx, for the help! Cheers Mymmy.

I just installed Folding@home. I have free power but only low end hardware. I want to dedicate the full cpu power. Can someone tell me the optimum settings for it.post-154699-0-74238300-1431264357.pngpost-154699-0-86561300-1431264359.pngpost-154699-0-26873200-1431264361.pngpost-154699-0-91323800-1431264363.png

I just installed Folding@home. I have free power but only low end hardware. I want to dedicate the full cpu power. Can someone tell me the optimum settings for it.

~snip~

For CPU folding, then I would suggest you look into the web based folding app. Since that gives you easier Work Units, so that you can complete more of them in a shorter time frame.

http://folding.stanford.edu/nacl/