Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Can someone explain to me why my GPU (Asus 780Ti DirectCU2 OC) won't fold more than one WU before saying that it failed? I don't quite understand the F@H client log.

http://pastebin.com/BDScGmcX

The log is alot easier to look at if you use the filter so that we 

only get the gpu slot. Just to get something straight right off the

bat, this is a windows machine, with no special flags enabled in

the fah client? no non factory overclocks? and you are starting

the client normally/directly from desktop? How did you install 

the drivers, did you do it properly from nvidia's official site?

You should probably throw up a new thread for this. 

Hello. I just joined the forum to participate in the Folding team. Now I don't have an excuse to not join contests and such as well. 

i5-4690k, R9 290

Did a few Chrome/Web units but got the client working again. 

GTX 980 on a 0x15

Core i5 3570K on a 0xa4

52K PPD so far. 

Combatting coil whine simulator. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Did a few Chrome/Web units but got the client working again. 

GTX 980 on a 0x15

Core i5 3570K on a 0xa4

52K PPD so far. 

Combatting coil whine simulator. 

Welcome to the team!  :D

Just a tip, once you've qualified for QRB, you should probably remove the CPU slot, as it doesn't give many PPD, and it quite a bit of power :)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Welcome to the team!   :D

Just a tip, once you've qualified for QRB, you should probably remove the CPU slot, as it doesn't give many PPD, and it quite a bit of power :)

I live in a student apartment right now where my electricity is included in the rent so I'll keep folding on both my CPU and GPU. And I'm not a huge quite freak either.

Anyway, 169k points for about 5 days of folding for me so far

Welcome to the team!   :D

Thanks. Been on and off folding since i don't have much free time but i can browse the web and leave it on full power anyway. 

If anything my GPU consumes twice to three times the power of my CPU. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I just joined 2 days ago so I'm really new.  My status bar just hit 100% and started over, but I wasn't awarded any points.  Is that supposed to happen?  I don't think I got any credit for completing the work unit either, but the work unit number changed.  The amount of days I have to complete the WU didnt change either.....Help?

| 2014 Retina MacBook Pro 13" |

My gaming desktop -- |Intel Core i7-3820 | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | 16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz X | ASUS DUAL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm HDD | SeaSonic 760XP2 | Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler | LG22MC57HQ 1080p Monitor | Azio MGK1 Keyboard | Logitech G300s Mouse | HyperX Cloud Headset | Windows 10 Pro Insider |

I just joined 2 days ago so I'm really new.  My status bar just hit 100% and started over, but I wasn't awarded any points.  Is that supposed to happen?  I don't think I got any credit for completing the work unit either, but the work unit number changed.  The amount of days I have to complete the WU didnt change either.....Help?

did you wait a hour, i know the server updates on the hour. maybe it got stuck. i'm a super noob at folding too.  

check here in the pimnned http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/ 

did you wait a hour, i know the server updates on the hour. maybe it got stuck. i'm a super noob at folding too.  

check here in the pimnned http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/ 

It updated! I did a client refresh, where I quit the client, then restarted it and relogged into web control.  That fixed it.

My gaming desktop -- |Intel Core i7-3820 | ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | 16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz X | ASUS DUAL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm HDD | SeaSonic 760XP2 | Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler | LG22MC57HQ 1080p Monitor | Azio MGK1 Keyboard | Logitech G300s Mouse | HyperX Cloud Headset | Windows 10 Pro Insider |

5.000.000 Points ! YEAHYA

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

5.000.000 Points ! YEAHYA

A Xeon and a 280x?  seems a bit unbalanced....hella better then anything i could afford tho...but this thread isnt for personal builds.

YAY FOR THE POINTS

• 2 weeks later...

Is the team number still 223518?

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.00Ghz - Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer - RAM: HyperX Savage Kit 2 x 4 GB - GPU: Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 970 Ultra - Case: NZXT Noctis 450 - Storage (1st): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB - Storage (2nd): Seagate 2TB HDD - PSU: Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold

• 2 weeks later...

bit slow on the uptake but i joined sounds like a wonderful idea! worried about battery life though. 

bit slow on the uptake but i joined sounds like a wonderful idea! worried about battery life though. 

You can ignore this if you please: But I can no longer say there are no medical professionals on this forum.... Damn... That was my thing is to tell people in off topic to go to a doctor for medical question because "There are no medical professionals on this forum" now we have an RN. xD

You can ignore this if you please: But I can no longer say there are no medical professionals on this forum.... Damn... That was my thing is to tell people in off topic to go to a doctor for medical question because "There are no medical professionals on this forum" now we have an RN. xD

I'm a children's health nurse,  :) but you never know i might be useful for some questions! (sadly for myself and countless other's who perhaps use too much screen time, the medical community hasn't come up with a solution for squareyes  :D . 

I just watched Luke's video there now and as soon as he said Alzheimer's I was in, as it has had a huge impact on my family. Can someone confirm that this is correct, do I need to do anything more like optimizing?  Or just let it run? 

post-146318-0-47780200-1430238877_thumb.

I just watched Lucks video there now and as soon as he said Alzheimer's I was in, as it has had a huge impact on my family. Can someone confirm that this is correct, do I need to do anything more like optimizing?  Or just let it run? 

Alzheimer's is a disease that is being researched using Folding@home, you can actually set it up to fold for Alzheimer's only.

Just go to the web control client and in the bar where your name and points are there's also the drop down menu I support research fighting: and click Alzheimer's

http://folding.stanford.edu/client/

Is there a way to dissable cpu folding as my stock intel heatsink doesnt like folding and id still like to help with my gtx780

Is there a way to dissable cpu folding as my stock intel heatsink doesnt like folding and id still like to help with my gtx780

right click on the slot and pause it! happy folding :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Can my GTX 670 run the folding application on an x4 port without bottleneck? I asking this, so I can play games on my GTX 970 without restricting its air flow. I have a 750W power supply so running them both at the same time won't be a problem.

If I were to run it on my laptop, how well would it run? My gf is mostly using the pc since I'm quite on the go so won't run it on that. And does it depend on the internet connection?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

If I were to run it on my laptop, how well would it run? My gf is mostly using the pc since I'm quite a bit on the go so won't run it on that. And does it depend on the internet connection?

not so much on Internet you just need to have it. A laptop if a low end can be damage if it gets to hot. Keep a eye on temps. Moblie Cpu folding is kinda inefficient but, it better than nothing. You can always give it a shot just be careful.