Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Summer usually brings about a decided drop in PDD/Member activity on all teams due to vacations, heat, etc.  We are still pushing over 9 Million PPD which is really great.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I just joined F@H, left my PC on for the last 24 hours + a couple of hours last weekend, quickly reached 57,523 points

These fancy badges motivated me :D

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

I just joined F@H, left my PC on for the last 24 hours + a couple of hours last weekend, quickly reached 57,523 points

These fancy badges motivated me :D

Welcome to the Fold :) 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Joined the team, looks like my PPD is staying around the 60k mark.

Joined the team, looks like my PPD is staying around the 60k mark.

Welcome to the team, good to have you aboard

the progress cruiser. Only one way to go, straight

forward.

Just started i have 4790k gtx 980

i put an old gtx 660 in there as well it say it will take 10 days to finsh is it worth while or should I take it out

Well done to the team. We all got an awesome shout out from Luke and Linus on the wan show.

I started when we where ranked 44. Now we're moving rather fast. Well done to all. Keep up the good work!!

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Just a question what is folding?  and Boinc ?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Just got started with a new r9 280. Pleasantly surprised at what $160 got me (including a lifetime warranty.)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Just started i have 4790k gtx 980

i put an old gtx 660 in there as well it say it will take 10 days to finsh is it worth while or should I take it out

Welcome to the Fold :) Keep it in there, every bit helps.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I've just joined you guys in the F@H!

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Sousuke

Low score at the moment but I am using 2 Quad Core Xeons so should bring my score up quickly :)

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and also to folding. I have been a fan of Linus for quite some time and if I'm going to fold, I atleast owe it to him to contribute to his team. I'm suprised that he hasn't made a video about it TBH.

I've got a main workstation with 2 980s and soon recieving a second rendernode (2x E5 2680 v3) that i'm willing to use for folding when I'm not rendering. Thinking of building a dedicated folding node as well and want to know what an ideal setup would be. Not very familiar with what folding utilizes more.

Thanks guy!

Well I have just started my first 10hr F@H Session, Utilizing 14 CPU Cores!

Sorry for the messy desk, repaired a friends Acer Aspire V5-571 last night :lol:

IMG_20150323_134431.jpg

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Welcome to all new members.

Sorry for the messy desk, repaired a friends Acer Aspire V5-571 last night :lol:

Nice setup, kinda reminds me of my own desk after a couple of 

days of being obsessively occupied with something. I'm Not so

sure about that keyboard  though :P

Welcome to all new members.

Nice setup, kinda reminds me of my own desk after a couple of 

days of being obsessively occupied with something. I'm Not so

sure about that keyboard  though :P

Well I was all about that bling when I got the Razer Blackwidow ultimate as I had a M17xR3 from Alienware at the same time ... Needless to say i've moved on but they keyboard has stayed as its still a good gaming keyboard just overpriced.

I've been folding for one year now on linustech and have gained 20million points with just my 780 Ti. I would not mind trying out that Titan X to see what type of points that gives.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

Started yesterday, even though I'm only utilising my i5 via the chrome app. But hey, every little bit helps I guess :)

There we go, I've now completed 21 wu :) @Whaler_99

Now to get on the F@H Team Page which will need more than 163000 Points :) 

There we go, I've now completed 21 wu :) @Whaler_99

Now to get on the F@H Team Page which will need more than 163000 Points :)

Welcome to the team mate :)

i am almost on 3000 wu's in 2years of folding for the LTT :) hoping to get the 100million mark by the end of this year.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

IMG_20150323_134431.jpg

I too eat chips and drink diet coke when repairing a laptop.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

I am three days into folding but i only completed 9 WU...I can squeeze something like 5-10 hours a day of folding and I have a pretty old pc... i5-650 with a 6870

I just joined  :D My craptop barely does anything though....

I am three days into folding but i only completed 9 WU...I can squeeze something like 5-10 hours a day of folding and I have a pretty old pc... i5-650 with a 6870

Welcome to the Fold :) every little bit helps.

i too just started folding for the LTT team, although i only have an I3 at 1,69 GHZ in a laptop i guessed some extra help never hurts

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.