Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

I'm a Swede. I got the gist of what you were saying.

But Yeah. As Tobben were saying. You don't really lose points. You just don't earn extra points for finishing it faster. As long as it's within the deadline.

Tjena söta bror :D where can i see the deadline?

Ah!! tusen takk for meget godt svar. hvor ser jeg tiden før timeout?

Whaler bryr seg ikke  ;)

Jeg bruker alltid desktop klienten, åpne "advanced client/control"

post-955-0-41645800-1424974339.png

Tastaturet mitt er ANSI layout så jeg har egentlig ikke ÆØÅ :P

post-955-0-41645800-1424974339.png

I think I'm enjoying this folding thing WAY more than I really should.  :lol: 

Got over 500,000 points in about 3-4 days. The 4790k and GTX 970 are great for this sort of thing.  B)

Hand of Nod: i7-4790K, 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Z97 mobo, LEPA 120mm red LED fans (x3) Corsair SPEC-03 case, Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor, Patriot Blaze 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD (x2)

I think I'm enjoying this folding thing WAY more than I really should.  :lol: 

Got over 500,000 points in about 3-4 days. The 4790k and GTX 970 are great for this sort of thing.  B)

"takes hat off" Thats awsome, great job! ;)

And never enough folding!

Like I told @Whaler_99 when I asked for my team badge, I'll probably hit a million within a week.  B)

Hand of Nod: i7-4790K, 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Z97 mobo, LEPA 120mm red LED fans (x3) Corsair SPEC-03 case, Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor, Patriot Blaze 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD (x2)

Like I told @Whaler_99 when I asked for my team badge, I'll probably hit a million within a week.  B)

do you leave yours on at night/school/work?

I just leave it on all the time basically. My stuff is so power efficient that even when I'm folding at max, I don't see temps get higher than 65 celsius on either the CPU or the GPU, and I still can do web browsing and watch netflix while I'm folding without noticing any lag or other issues. The only thing I can't do very well at the same time while folding is gaming. But I've been too busy with school, music, and life in general to get much of that done.

Hey guys and gals, Back on the fold again...... had some water loop issues. But its up and running again :D

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Put this on my work rig today. Old, Ivy Bridge I5 3550 and 8GB of RAM.

None of my machines at home are really worth putting on this. I also have to pay for my own electricity, there.

It is tempting to see if I could roll out the software on the IT suites at the college where I work. Very, very tempting, in fact.

Hey guys and gals, Back on the fold again...... had some water loop issues. But its up and running again :D

Welcome back :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Been busy with college and preparing for exams, but now i am finally back both on the forum and to folding  ^_^

Welcome back  :P

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Just earned my 1,000,000 points, so here's to hoping that @Whaler_99 gets my PM and I get my shiny new badge. :D

• 2 weeks later...

LTT team just lost 10% of all its user thats a big number but thanks to all who have contributed to fold :)

post-4399-0-78972900-1426450638.png

and we are going to a freefall

post-4399-0-42629400-1426450732.png

post-4399-0-78972900-1426450638.png

post-4399-0-42629400-1426450732.png

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

-snip

10% is still decent compared to some other teams, but yeah the folding has decreased significantly. 

LTT team just lost 10% of all its user thats a big number but thanks to all who have contributed to fold :)

Spring break? I haven't been folding since it started >_>

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

It's probably going to keep going down until summer really kicks in.

Aside from some crazy People who don't give a shit about the heat :P

<----------

Where'd you get those stats by the way?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

<----------

It's actually a perfect day for folding in The Netherlands right now.

It's not to hot outside so the heat isn't that much of a worry, and the sun is shining so with solar panels my kwh meter is ticking backwards :D.

<----------

Doesn't summer mean hot? Wouldn't people people be folding less?

Anybody have a link to the GPU-only app

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Anybody have a link to the GPU-only app

Just install the regular desktop application. 

Then go to your taskbar and rightclick on F@H and select advanced control. 

Then in the top left click configure select slots and remove the cpu slot. 

Just install the regular desktop application. 

Then go to your taskbar and rightclick on F@H and select advanced control. 

Then in the top left click configure select slots and remove the cpu slot. 

thanks - almost 8% done with my first task ^.^

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

my wu stays at 99.99% ???

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99