Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

I'm also on the lots of GPU's approach, I don't even have any of my CPU's fold, it's not worth the electricity.  My biggest single machine has a pair of 295x2's in it and produces about 850,000 a day.  I don't recommend them though, unless you also want a space heater, wasn't a cost effective decision either, but it's kinda nice to have a high end machine from both team green and team red.

Does anyone know why Kakao stats is shutting down? or what it would take to keep it going?

There is too much traffic and the guy who came up with it can't maintain it anymore.

http://forum.kakaostats.com/index.php/topic,1114.0.html

I guess someone else would have to volunteer to adopt it,

but there is no guarantee he would give away his work.

I'm also on the lots of GPU's approach, I don't even have any of my CPU's fold, it's not worth the electricity.  My biggest single machine has a pair of 295x2's in it and produces about 850,000 a day.  I don't recommend them though, unless you also want a space heater, wasn't a cost effective decision either, but it's kinda nice to have a high end machine from both team green and team red.

Does anyone know why Kakao stats is shutting down? or what it would take to keep it going?

In that system running the pair of 295x2's is that 4 clients running? 

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

In that system running the pair of 295x2's is that 4 clients running? 

Yeah, it shows up  as 4 separate slots, 

nvm

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

There is too much traffic and the guy who came up with it can't maintain it anymore.

http://forum.kakaostats.com/index.php/topic,1114.0.html

I guess someone else would have to volunteer to adopt it,

but there is no guarantee he would give away his work.

Yep, basically doesn't have the time or the money any more. I know the guy over at extreme overclocking has talked about this as well. Pretty labor intensive and needs a lot of gear. Their databases are MASSIVE... took him a few days to run some basic scripts to clean up some data...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Just came back to folding, and it does not like Win10 :P

my 780 Ti get up to 200k+ PPD what is Win10 putting out? 

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

Just came back to folding, and it does not like Win10 :P

Considering no official support from FAH or the video cards. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Considering no official support from FAH or the video cards. :)

Yup, the problems I get the most of is crashing and such, which is expected with a beta OS :P

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Back to folding for the winter :)

Formerly folded for Ncix, and HWC before that; keeping it 100% Canadian. This team is lower than both of those on the charts, but the community here seems cool. Hope to call this place my home forum.

Back to folding for the winter :)

Formerly folded for Ncix, and HWC before that; keeping it 100% Canadian. This team is lower than both of those on the charts, but the community here seems cool. Hope to call this place my home forum.

awesome, welcome to the team :).

Jumping back into folding!

I'm going to try get my HD 7950 back from my brothers PC so I can put it in the i3 rig in my sig.

Also I am getting weak PPD on my i5/GTX 980 system.

427c0f2c13.png

fca7b2ee5f.png

\

I just passed 30 WUs. It's like the little APU that could, this A10.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I just passed 30 WUs. It's like the little APU that could, this A10.

I have a A10-6800K but I never ran the APU (GPU) part of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

just stared back up again. done 60 WU and hoping the new setup will get some better results

cpu phenom x3 720 unlocked to phenom x4 @3.3ghz

GPU asus gtx 750

Does My badge come up?

i am not quite sure i understand what you are asking.

Could you be abit more specific? are you asking when or

how you will get a badge? If so, the badge details can be found

at the top of this thread : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

i can't find you on the team roster, so if you are folding, make sure to add the team number 223518

just stared back up again. done 60 WU and hoping the new setup will get some better results

cpu phenom x3 720 unlocked to phenom x4 @3.3ghz

GPU asus gtx 750

nice :), make sure to add the team number 223518 if you want to fold for the ltt folding team.

I used to fold for the Curecoin team but now I switched to LinusTechTips team. Will my old points go over to LinusTechTips?

I used to fold for the Curecoin team but now I switched to LinusTechTips team. Will my old points go over to LinusTechTips?

nice, welcome to the team :) 

your points won't carry over,

so you will have to start

accumulating new points.

nice, welcome to the team :)

your points won't carry over,

so you will have to start

accumulating new points.

Aww that sucks. Thanks though.

Well, I just downloaded Folding@Home and have started the process. Until next month it's just going to be my G3258 folding away on it's own. Next month I'll be adding a couple GPUs and a 4790K to the mix. Anyways, I used the same name there as I post under here. It's going to take about 14 hours to do my first unit.

Well, I just downloaded Folding@Home and have started the process. Until next month it's just going to be my G3258 folding away on it's own. Next month I'll be adding a couple GPUs and a 4790K to the mix. Anyways, I used the same name there as I post under here. It's going to take about 14 hours to do my first unit.

Cool, welcome to the team :). Good luck on expanding your setup.

When you do folding, can you select which GPU runs the software, and can you start/stop at your own discretion?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs