NZXT Kraken G10 Compatibility questions

Enderman

Hi :)

On the NZXT website, lists the compatibility for the G10 (GPU liquid cooling bracket) for reference design PCBs.

I was wondering if the ASUS GTX770 PCB layout was reference or custom. I'm guessing it is custom, but from what I can see the only place where the G10 is attached is to the mounting holes around the GPU chip only, and the rest of the space is just floating above the PCB. There seems to be around 5-10 mm of space between the G10 and the PCB, which would be enough for the VRM and heat sinks on the AUS GTX770.

So basically it looks like it can be mounted as long as the mounting holes on the ASUS GTX770 are the same as stock.

Has anyone installed a waterblock made for a reference design GPU on an ASUS GPU?

Are the mounting holes the same for reference and aftermarket?

Also I wanted to know if it would be possible to use the backplate that comes with the ASUS card instead of the Kraken G10 backplate.

Thanks in advance!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Depends. Which EXACT model of the 770 do you have? Asus branded won't mean much.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Is it a DirectCU II card or a reference (Titan-looking) cooler?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I have the directcu ii 780 and and was wondering the same thing. Could I use a g10 to cool my 780?

Depends. Which EXACT model of the 770 do you have? Asus branded won't mean much.

Is it a DirectCU II card or a reference (Titan-looking) cooler?

This^

I was planning to get the direct CUII, I haven't bought it yet

I already know the stock asus 770 with reference cooler is the reference design, but I was wondering about their custom CUII card

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was planning to get the direct CUII, I haven't bought it yet

I already know the stock asus 770 with reference cooler is the reference design, but I was wondering about their custom CUII card

Those are custom PCB. Check coolinconfigurator.com to see if EK has any waterblocks for your card.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER