Opinions on 780ti vs 880?

VincentVolaju

Wondering what some of your personal opinions are about Maxwell and how you think the GTX 880 is going to compare to the 780ti?  Ofc there is no "real" details about any of it yet, but what are some of your thoughts or what are you hoping / thinking it will be like?

More powerful, more energy efficient, cheaper.

Pick two.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

The 7-- series is still fresh, i don't see why there would be rumors of the 8-- series yet

How will the GTX 880 perform compared to the GTX 780 Ti ? as with all unknown products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKfXCto7zg

Wondering what some of your personal opinions are about Maxwell and how you think the GTX 880 is going to compare to the 780ti?  Ofc there is no "real" details about any of it yet, but what are some of your thoughts or what are you hoping / thinking it will be like?

More powerful, more energy efficient, cheaper.

Pick two.

Is energy efficiency really that big of a thing?  I mean, I dont really care about it but I hear a lot now a days about better power consumption and more efficient etc.   But what does that actually do for you?  Aside from save you a couple quarters on your electric bill?

Is energy efficiency really that big of a thing?  I mean, I dont really care about it but I hear a lot now a days about better power consumption and more efficient etc.   But what does that actually do for you?  Aside from save you a couple quarters on your electric bill?

There's the possibility of running cooler/quieter and you might not need to buy 1200 watt PSUs for "futureproofing"

(I use 1200 watt as an exaggeration, but most people are fine using 500w or less currently)

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Energy efficiency doesn't have to mean the power bill gets a little less, it could mean they're putting the energy to better use and utilising more of it to push more frames out instead of generating heat as waste. It'd be a perfect world when that happens though

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

My personal opinion is that this thread is pointless. Wait until something gets leaked or even better, until it actually comes out.

There's the possibility of running cooler/quieter and you might not need to buy 1200 watt PSUs for "futureproofing"

(I use 1200 watt as an exaggeration, but most people are fine using 500w or less currently)

I bought a 1200 Watts power supply because I went mad :mellow:

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Pretty dumb question since nobody can answer that.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Alright so I suppose there can be no discussion about upcoming products without 8yr olds w/ downs shittin up the thread.  I guess here on the LinusTechTips forums theres no room for opinions, only facts... if something hasnt been confirmed yet, there your an idiot for wanting to discuss its possibilities. My bad guys, keep on keeping on with the friendly community though.

Alright so I suppose there can be no discussion about upcoming products without 8yr olds w/ downs shittin up the thread.  I guess here on the LinusTechTips forums theres no room for opinions, only facts... if something hasnt been confirmed yet, there your an idiot for wanting to discuss its possibilities. My bad guys, keep on keeping on with the friendly community though.

What's your opinion on the 2028 US Presidential Election Candidates?

See where you're going with this?

there are some rumors going around saying that the 880 will have a pcb, some speculate that it'll outperform the 870. 

i like the name of it. The 880! 880 is such a pretty number. 780 isnt. 770 is also a very pretty number, 760 isnt.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I also believe the less power it uses the cooler it'll run

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The 7-- series is still fresh, i don't see why there would be rumors of the 8-- series yet

the 700 series is basicaly only a refresh.

The 780 of the Titan

The 770 of the 680

The 760 of the 670/660Ti

______

The 800 series should have come Q1/2014 ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

the 700 series is basicaly only a refresh.

The 780 of the Titan

The 770 of the 680

The 760 of the 670/660Ti

______

The 800 series should have come Q1/2014 ...

Well at this rate you're probably right, they were released in about June of this year. Now I know I should hold of from buying a gaming laptop.