Air 540 vs Fractal Design Define R4 Vs 750D

shadowr1ku

As title says it all, which do you think of all cases have a better feature/value for my set up? I know it's a personal preference but you guys might know something I don't haha. My setup:

I7-4770k

MSI z87-g45

Gtx 780

Antec HCG 850w

2 HDD

Hydro 100i water cooler

I planning on doing SLI in the future when funds are available

If you can get the 750D, get it.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'd get the Define R4. The 750D is just too big IMO and most people don't need the rad mounts.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

R4 IMO

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Hmm. So 3 votes for 750D and 2 for R4, but none for the air 540. Definitely neck and neck

I love my R4, but keep in mind that this was my first build so I don't have a lot of experience with different cases.

It was easy to work in, I didn't have any trouble initially except that my Corsair H60 had to mount up-side-down on the back of the case. I doubt that was a big deal at all, just that the install for the H60 said it was optimal the other way (which, I guess, is not too relevant as you'd be installing the H100i and that would fit up on the top). Dust filters are a plus, but I think all the other cases you list come with them as well. Great fan options, I've since added three more to my case. It's also quiet, has some sound dampening stuff that I don't know if the others have. 

A negative to the R4 that you might not think about initially is that it is quite cumbersome. It is a wider case and can be pretty heavy, so moving it is annoying. 

Really can't go wrong with any of those. Go with what looks best to you.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

My vote goes to the Define R4

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558