ASUS MARS 760 - where to buy

LinusTech

FAIR WARNING: Neither of these links work yet. I guess neither NCIX nor Amazon is carrying it yet.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1eOdyp6

Amazon:http://geni.us/f04JAqx

If you do decide you want to buy one of these, make sure you're accounting for some of the obvious disadvantages of this product. Its power consumption is higher than solutions that cost and perform about the same, its heat output is higher than solutions that cost and perform about the same, and it relies on two GPUs instead of one, meaning that sometimes driver support won't be as strong as it is with a single GPU solution.

With all of that in mind, it's still a sexy beast of a card, and it's the first time normal people (not folks who are willing to spend $1000+ on a graphics card) have been able to have a MARS. So there ya go.

So I'm just wondering... It is dual gk104 gpus... What is the difference between this and the gtx 690? Does it have more vram? 

Those arent mars cards. Those are normal 760s. One is MSI. 

Didn't realize until it was too late...

Baws Mandolin intro.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Dam that looks sweet

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

What's with the blue string of code on the video at 5:20?

5zEK7.png

From the looks of it a problem with premiere

Why is this video unlisted, but linked?

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

What's with the blue string of code on the video at 5:20?

5zEK7.png

There's an annotation to explain it. I guess you have them off?

There's an annotation to explain it. I guess you have them off?

Had to turn it off and back on (hah!) to get the annotation to show. "This card is so epic it broke our warp stabilizer" Classy.

i was definitely waiting for this video

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So I'm just wondering... It is dual gk104 gpus... What is the difference between this and the gtx 690? Does it have more vram? 

I was pretty sure a 690 was two 680s whereas the 760 is about where a 670 was so it's actually... less?!?!

That being said, that's just trying to draw cross generational comparisons

intro wayyyyy too long

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

I was pretty sure a 690 was two 680s whereas the 760 is about where a 670 was so it's actually... less?!?!

That being said, that's just trying to draw cross generational comparisons

Cross Generational? .... They are rebrands. No cross generation here lol.

Cross Generational? .... They are rebrands. No cross generation here lol.

Yeah one uses an underclocked 680 so it's about the same performance as dual 670s and the other uses dual 760s which are slightly tweaked versions of the 670. The 690 actually performs about the same (slightly better due to more shaders but still lands below the 780 Ti) and costs about $1000 so it's a terribly stupid choice even if you must have a single card dual GPU solution for some reason...

"Speaking of rigidity, this card has none". I swear I heard Linus say that, am I becoming insane?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

"Speaking of rigidity, this card has none". I swear I heard Linus say that, am I becoming insane?

Nope I heard it too. Linus might be going crazy...

What's the pricing onit?

I'm hearing 500$ or up mostly at the moment. Just rumors though. 

Just my 2 cents, but i think the new intro is too long. Been watching your videos for a while, intro in general is fine but espiecially with that music I keep thinking  its a commercial. Also i really want to make a small form factor  itx build with this.

nah its basically just a 690 with an aftermarket cooler.. i kinda wants it actually lol