Case Design Idea -- any advice?

dantesan

I have a design for a case design that I think very well could disrupt case design for the forseeable future. (As hyperbolic as that might sound I believe it might be true.) I've done some rough 3d modeling of it in sketchup and now I need to figure out a way of turning it into a product without having it cloned before I can ever get it there. Which means I need to get people involved but protect my design. Can you use a 3D general concept model as "prior art?" And how would I go about protecting myself? 

Just curious, what motherboard size?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Actually... that's part of the "disruptive" aspect. It should be adaptable to any size. It's almost completely modular.

7 minutes ago, Bjfb5768 said:

do you have a lawyer?

No. Not even sure what kind of lawyer would be required.

Edited by Bjfb5768
null

Just now, dantesan said:

Might do that, thanks.

not promising anything, but hes helped out b4 especially on a livestream, may i ask what country you are in?

What I'd really like to do is just figure out how to get with a company that already makes PC cases and just give them the idea and take 10% :)

16 hours ago, dantesan said:

What I'd really like to do is just figure out how to get with a company that already makes PC cases and just give them the idea and take 10% :)

You should probably talk to a Patent lawyer, or at least file for one... http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-patent-yourself-29493.html

Apparently it's still like $1500 to file even without a lawyer....

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 1 year later...