Please help me with this problem!

mbparsa
I am trying to build a serverarrow-10x10.png, and I am really new ....these are the parts that I have right now:

1- Asus Z9PE-D16 Dual LGA2011 Xeon/Intel C602-A PCH/4GbE/SSI EEB  Motherboard

2- 2 0f Intel Xeon 6C E5 2620 2.0 GHz 6 LGA 2011 Processor BX80621E52620

3- Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 750GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drivearrow-10x10.png MZ-7TE750BW

4- 2 of Kingston Technology ValueRAM 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 (PC3-12800) ECC Reg CL11 DIMM DR x4 Serverarrow-10x10.png Memory KVR16R11D4/16

5- Zalman ZALMAN GS1200 - Full Tower Computer Case GS1200

6- Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX1050)

7- ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II OC Edition 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, Overclocked GPU and GPU
Tweak Utilities PCI-Express 3.0 

8-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

The problem : when I put them together, and turned it on, it goes on and off repeatedly!!

I removed one of the cpu power cable and it stopped turning on/off , but still do not have any things on monitors! no signals no screen!

Don't repost.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Do you need a full tower?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Thanks helping: what is the meaning of this, I am really new, could you please explain it to me : "dat psu and case doe"

I am really unsure of a fix. Try reseating both of the CPUs, reseating the GPU, making sure the motherboard isn't shorting out on the case and reseating the RAM.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thanks helping: what is the meaning of this, I am really new, could you please explain it to me : "dat psu and case doe"

I take it you're new to the internet too?

hello

Sure , I will reseat everythings, do you think my power is enough ?

It is pretty overkill haha. You could even downgrade it and you would be fine.

Yes.

TheSLSAMG

I reseat CPUs, RAMs and remove GPU .. but still have the same problem ! :(

Take everything apart and put it back together outside of the case. Put the motherboard on top of the box it came in so you don't ruin the back of the board and then go from there.

Do you have another computer that you could test the parts in?

I take them out and put them on the box, I still have the same problem ! with one CPU it stopped going on/off but  it is not making the bios screen!!
I took some photos and a video, I don know what to do!!

21m9g6f.jpg

169izis.jpg

2daktue.jpg

vsghf5.jpg

2mecyuf.jpg

29p3cz5.jpg

1222idj.jpg

16m2io0.jpg

zxtk7b.jpg

13ymp9x.jpg

rszyb8.jpg

2zgsuj4.jpg

2ekkknb.jpg

2je45u1.jpg

2hdxq38.jpg

this one is a silly one but just in case, you have put the ram in as below

post-39496-0-41178100-1385585449_thumb.j

I had a look at the pic's and i could not be sure, this would cause issues

my point here is that each cpu has one stick of ram each

Ross I changed the RAM slot as you told, still same!!

The previous slot was like this: DIMM_A1 for CPU1 and DIMM_E1 for CPU2

kcnonp.jpg

Ross I changed the RAM slot as you told, still same!!

i did not know the board sockets were reversed.  what you have is wright it they are labeled as slot 1.

the memory modals are compatible list on the website and the cpu's are listed

a few simple things first  (running with one cpu where it at least does not turn off all the time)

1- make sure you monitor is on vga and not auto or dvi.  if you can try a different monitor.  (or a tv)

2- make 100% sure its not shorting on the back side on a wire or cable.  i have only ever seen these issue with shorts on the back of the motherboard. 

3 - try a different vga cable

4-  try it with any gpu in a pci slot (the onboard might  be bad)

I can see 3 more possible bigger issues

1- DOA component

swap the cpu's round and the ram round between the sockets and see if you can get a post.   using only the main socket (the goal is to get into the bios)

2-  You mother board bios is not up to date enough to work.

this is strange one but reading the support docs you need bios high enough for you cpu or it wont run!  do you have a 2011 non xenon part to try?

see the links below

http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Servers_Workstations/Z9PED16/#support

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/330331-28-dual-intel-xeon-2620-comparable-processor#.

Can you try and find out what bios version you have it may be on the box?

I not sure if this is a real issue it just came up in a Google search

3- the stepping of the two cpu's is different

I don't think it is this as it should work with one cpu no problem, an i have never seen this cause an issue with a duel cpu pc before but i know its possible.

i did not know the board sockets were reversed.  what you have is wright it they are labeled as slot 1.

the memory modals are compatible list on the website and the cpu's are listed

a few simple things first  (running with one cpu where it at least does not turn off all the time)

1- make sure you monitor is on vga and not auto or dvi.  if you can try a different monitor.  (or a tv)

2- make 100% sure its not shorting on the back side on a wire or cable.  i have only ever seen these issue with shorts on the back of the motherboard. 

3 - try a different vga cable

4-  try it with any gpu in a pci slot (the onboard might  be bad)

I can see 3 more possible bigger issues

1- DOA component

swap the cpu's round and the ram round between the sockets and see if you can get a post.   using only the main socket (the goal is to get into the bios)

2-  You mother board bios is not up to date enough to work.

this is strange one but reading the support docs you need bios high enough for you cpu or it wont run!  do you have a 2011 non xenon part to try?

see the links below

http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Servers_Workstations/Z9PED16/#support

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/330331-28-dual-intel-xeon-2620-comparable-processor#.

Can you try and find out what bios version you have it may be on the box?

I not sure if this is a real issue it just came up in a Google search

3- the stepping of the two cpu's is different

I don't think it is this as it should work with one cpu no problem, an i have never seen this cause an issue with a duel cpu pc before but i know its possible.

Thanks Ross for helping me, I will do what you mentioned here ( one by one) 

and get back to you after weekend..

Thank you again

I did checked them one by one, still have the same problem, I'm gonna return the MOBO and order this one : Z9PE-D8

Many thanks for your great helps my friend :)

I did checked them one by one, still have the same problem, I'm gonna return the MOBO and order this one : Z9PE-D8

Many thanks for your great helps my friend :)

Last thing i would do first is go onto the asus site, have some live support chat with there .  you could also try calling them.  they tend to be quite good.

I am trying to build a serverarrow-10x10.png, and I am really new ....these are the parts that I have right now:

Dual LGA2011 Xeon / two Intel Xeon 6C E5 2620 2.0 GHz 6 LGA 2011 / Corsair Professional Series HX 1050w / GTX 680

the problem : when I put them together, and turned it on, it goes on and off repeatedly!!

i removed one of the cpu power cable and it stopped turning on/off , but still do not have any things on monitors! no signals no screen!

as far as i know, the guilty is one of this

PSU (and psu cables, try a new one just for tests)

RAM (i don't think so, but can be)

GPU (i simply don't like that 680 for a server)

BIOS (skip it, ignore this for now)

add a NEW psu for test (and a weak new gpu if you can, for test)

make sure USE ALL motherboards psu conectors (i see some free in your pictures)

remember use the correct PCIe x16 also