Cosmos 2-Sauron LOTR Edition Case Mod.

NJB Mods

B is sexy

Thanks for your vote!

I like C, it's cleaner and probably easier to make.

Yeah, i totally agree!

I think B looks better, but the extra ventilation will make it a pain to mod if you want to cut it up a bit

I think C is better for showing off the components :)

c

Thanks for your vote!

"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." Ken Venturi

Man, I'm really looking forward to this.. Have you decided the window yet? My favorite is B

Man, I'm really looking forward to this.. Have you decided the window yet? My favorite is B

Nope i haven't i really don't know stands between B or C....

"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." Ken Venturi

• 1 month later...

I'm alive!!!!

Welcome back, and i would like to apologize for that not that many updates, actually there hasn't been one in weeks... :3

But...I've actually have thinking about new mods and I have some really good ones...

So what i have done these past few weeks is that i have been making a new "plate" for the motherboard etc, i have been making my own front panel, and i have been making a new top, they are soon heading to DMfinearts!

And i promise that i won't be lazy i will go for this build all the time i got, nothing is going to stop me

86wf.jpg

Getting the USB-panel naked and the other stuff that goes with it.

gaua.jpg

What am i doing? :o

f7dt.jpg

A nice Christmas present from Mom and Dad.

c6yu.jpg

Stripping the case down.

kyug.jpg

And then it was done...Almost...

3bmn.jpg

The green carbon is there for helping the front sticking together, will solve it ASAP.

So this it what i have done, not so many photos, I'm trying to make them better instead of many and ugly, he-he :-)

It's everything for now, and hopefully there will be an update soon ;)

Happy holidays and awesome New Year!

Sincerely,

NJB Mods

Oh man this is gonna be soooo good. Cosmos II is an amazing case and full of endless possibilities.

Can't wait for more!

P.S. When did CM start offering window panels for this case?!?!!?!?!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Oh man this is gonna be soooo good. Cosmos II is an amazing case and full of endless possibilities.

Can't wait for more!

P.S. When did CM start offering window panels for this case?!?!!?!?!

Makes me glad to hear! Cosmos II is absolutely an amazing case, and as you also said it has many possibilities :)

CM don't offer that yet, I've cut the side-panel myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

A mini Update!

Have made a new place for the fans on the radiator, I have made new places for the HDDs, no photos but you will like it ;)

The Fan controller is getting something new :P

h9dj.jpg

aj9b.jpg

Subbed looking forward to updates and seeing the finished build

• 2 weeks later...

Subbed looking forward to updates and seeing the finished build

UPDATE ;)

Welcome to my latest update!
Not so much to show atm but i'm currently working on the whole system configuration with watercooling, cable management,Radiators, PSU Cover, alot of stuff going on :)
Let the small amount of pictures speak :P

l1jm.jpg
mkkl.jpg
ha69.jpg
8tpk.jpg
j2us.jpg
cfxi.jpg

Well i'm not so satisfied with the ring inside the resorvoir. should i take the "panel" in the middle?
that's everything for me!
And i know i need to post more work on the forums! Sorry :S
Sincerely,
NJB Mods

Wow I think it looks awesome! I think it actually looks good floating around like it does :)

and i for one am not an avid LOTR viewer...

dont believe ive actually seen all of them yet  :huh:

Cooler master HAF XB // First build!

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350  | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz | GPU: SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 4GB OC | Case: Cooler master XB | PSU: Corsair RM750 | 

HDD: 3.5 TB | SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB | OS: Windows 8.1

the text could be fantastic for a lotr themed case, honestly i think the majority of us got that phrase memorised and instantly knew the moment we saw the text, having it blinking red would just be right on so many lvls, but then again i guess it really depends on what sort of theme you are aiming for, what approach you are going to use, it could end up being misfit.

guess it would be better if it had more of a "breathing" light fading in and out slowly, rather than blinking.

Get that laser etched right away! I vote for Concept B as well.

Would you mind if I make a suggestion?

The Dark-Speech should glow, as it did when the ring was on Sauron's hand.

Would look awesome IMO.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Would you mind if I make a suggestion?

The Dark-Speech should glow, as it did when the ring was on Sauron's hand.

Would look awesome IMO.

Sure :)

Yep that would totally look awesome, i know some rings that have that feature, but don't know if it's secure when you got the battery in water :/

Get that laser etched right away! I vote for Concept B as well.

I'll see what happens ;)

Wow I think it looks awesome! I think it actually looks good floating around like it does :)

and i for one am not an avid LOTR viewer...

dont believe ive actually seen all of them yet  :huh:

Thanks man! :)

Will try to make it glow even more :)

Well if you don't have seen all the movies yet. here's what to do...

1.Call your boss and say that you can't come to work tomorrow say that you got a fever...(LOTR Fever)

2.Start the movie, Don't forget the popcorn and that lovely coke, Enjoy! ;)

3.You will thank me later ;)

• 1 month later...
Hello there i know you guys are watching, even if the updates come and goes...Even if i haven't updated you guys that much,there has been some work done. and soon it's time for the case to get airbrushed. It's going to look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :D

Well, the top is missing i wonder where it went... ;)

a7b3.jpg

w2a6.jpg

kb27.jpg

eg47.jpg

jl8y.jpg

wshl.jpg

1okr.jpg

jom8.jpg

I'm concerned about the right side panel. i didn't like my own design and how it went with the sidepanel...so i'm thinking of going ordinary instead, whatcha guys think?

I can already tell you guys that it's going to take a little time until the next update, but it's worth the wait... ;)

Thanks for me!

Sincerely,

NJB Mods

• 5 weeks later...
Heya!

I'm back, with a small update and some information!

I have not sent the case yet, as a said around 2 weeks ago. I didn't sent it cuz i'm waiting on some sponsor stuff that i need first.

But i got a small update that i wanted to show you.

I took some time to mod a new window for my Cosmos 2, i think it looks greater and more cleaner then the earlier one.

What do you guys think? 

PGqKyN6.jpg

AJmABn7.jpg

Until next time!

Sincerely,

NJB Mods

I do like the second one better because it doesn't show the drive bay and the power supply area. What do you plan on using for the window.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

I do like the second one better because it doesn't show the drive bay and the power supply area. What do you plan on using for the window.

Thanks!

I'm using the window, to show off the parts inside, or have i misunderstood your question? :)

Thanks!

I'm using the window, to show off the parts inside, or have i misunderstood your question? :)

Sorta, let me rephrase it. What material are you going to use for the window (Ex- glass, acrylic, maybe some colored window)

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Always nice to see people going back to this case  :D  :D Looking great!!!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

• 1 month later...

Sorta, let me rephrase it. What material are you going to use for the window (Ex- glass, acrylic, maybe some colored window)

Not really needed with a plexi window or anything else, i don't think it would look good when taking photos, so i'm thinking to just leave it "open". We will see about that further in this project! :)

Sorry for the late reply!

Always nice to see people going back to this case  :D  :D Looking great!!!

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply! :(

oke this is awesome i must follow it DERP

• 2 weeks later...

oke this is awesome i must follow it DERP

Thanks! :)

http://lordofthederps.tumblr.com/

For the lotr fans ;)

Hey!

Holy macaroni, it's been around 2 months since the last update...Shame on me... I'm sorry about that, school takes a lot from you in the end of the 9th grade...
Well to the news hopefully the case will be sent to Dmfinearts in some days.
Then it's just more waiting...but i got something for you while i'm waiting for the case and other things to get back...look on the forums in a couple of days wink2.gif

Thanks!

Sincerely,
NJB Mods

• 3 months later...
Hello, long time ago, heh?

Finally the moment we all be waiting for...Drum rolls please...An update!!! Weihoo! Well I must say that i´m sorry for keeping you guys waiting this long. My apologies! Let´s see what DMfineArts have contributed with this time!

As you clearly can see the airbrush isn´t done but i love it! The result is going to be awesome!

So what´s your thoughts? Yay or Nay?!?!?!. Well if you have anything that you would like to contribute with like an idea or a motive for Dennis it would be appreciated. It helps us a lot because we can see what you like and what you don´t like so don´t be afraid of contacting me!

Enough with the talking!...

Pssst...klick the pictures and they will get bigger!

995067_759519390753588_53020548974882501

1012435_756424464396414_6510134946022120

1557480_762384133800447_9633685358090823

1795504_762383990467128_7691211131652114

10341719_779875692051291_234287149201099

10347157_779875975384596_570503523368214

10525831_756425504396310_259155633935091

10527391_756425351062992_683378360621636

10537299_759519194086941_660784847123600

10552385_756424571063070_793354075773897

10563021_765514690154058_242718659122801

10568914_762234333815427_292026453709932

10577199_756424237729770_687382820994571

10584103_756424437729750_130684298000821

10590583_762746327097561_282057199923276

10606363_779875845384609_205777287141804

10636145_765514790154048_822410875573420

10650016_779875905384603_147594108597283

Do you want to follow Dennis and his beautiful and amazing work just click here!

The sleeve!

I´m thinking of not sleeving the cables because I think if the cables are black it will look very nicely.

I mean something like this.

GHwibC28Ua_RB-5331.jpg

I will not have an extender but the cables on the Cooler Master V series PSU are already black so not really much to do! If it doesn't turn out great i'm going to sleeve the cables!

The hand of Sauron

Yep how about the hand of Sauron? Well i got a guy in Denmark that is probably helping me out(no promise) but probably! What he will do is the hand and a new top for the case, a little surprise for you guys! clear.png (It will totally look awesome!)

Sad news tho...I broke my hand last monday saved a slap shot from a 3 year older boy but the shot broke my arm lol. So i must go with a gypsum for 4 weeks. So no modding in 4 weeks...Doubt the case will be back in that amount of time, but i hope it will!

This project may take time but the result will be awesome! Just wait for it! clear.png

I hope you have enjoyed your summer and hope everything goes good with school,work etc.

Kind Regards,

NJB Mods

Nils Julius Byrkjeland

• 3 months later...
Welcome back to the Cosmos 2 Sauron LOTR case mod!

This project has taken more time that i have expected it to take almost to much time! 

So i'm currently going to do so much that i can do and it is expected that this project should be done within a months time!

I feel really useless with not updating so much and i'll hope i will be better at it now!

My sponsor DMfineArts which is a really good guy at painting have showed me some more artwork of the build!

10896341_835035406535319_255460380004819

10917197_835035626535297_278636717431302

10917927_835035639868629_182044292388918

What do you guys think?

I really like it and the result will be stunning, can't wait to customize the loop and modify the case when it gets back in my hands again!

I hope that everyone has had a a wonderful break from job,school etc and wishing you the best for 2015!

Many great news for me to come!

Kind regards,

NJB Mods

Nils Julius Byrkjeland