Project Blank

Updates!

I received the motherboard block, and the custom charged me 40$ for it which is suck :(

MoboBlock1_zps8888bf40.jpg

Took me quite a while to take off the ROG led, one of the screw was dull and I've tried tons of ways to unscrew it

MoboBlock3_zps1c7aa347.jpg

I dont think I'm going to use the VRAM block for a couple of reason
1. I like the heat pipe on stock VRAM
2. I dont think the VRAM creates tons of heat when I tested it, the heat was more on the southbridge since its located near the GPU's
3. I'm not ready to modify the stock VRAM heatsink, I can easily cut the pipe but...

In the other hand I realised that I have a problem with the AC backplate, its too thick thus it clashed with the ram clip ; the GPU won't go through all the way in to the pci-e slot

Notcompatible_zps7a293d6e.jpg

after asking around actually there are also people who's having the same problem and one way to solve it is to cut the backplate
so its Dremel time, took me a while to cut the backplate since it's pretty thick

sorry for the crap picture on this one, I think I hit the tripod at slow shutter

Notcompatible2_zps518cb39f.jpg

After more polishing, filing and touch up

Notcompatible3_zpse9dc518a.jpg

Job done!

Notcompatible4_zps9ed8fdf3.jpg

I've also painted the temp panel to black, the panel is made of thin aluminium

TempPanel_zps36e62106.jpg

TempPanel2_zpsf8b84cae.jpg

and where it's gonna be placed

TempPanel3_zps744e543b.jpg

the build is nearly there, I've a final order from frozen which will come in a week or two
in the mean time I might work on the tubing

i think our rig will be finish on the same time

still waiting for gpu block seal :))

These waterblocks are pure sex! :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I wish I had the time/ money to create a build this amazing  :)

Looking amazing so far!

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

These waterblocks are pure sex! :)

I wish I had the time/ money to create a build this amazing   :)

Looking amazing so far!

Thx!

I have a few updates actually but I might wait for a couple of thing to turn up 

I'm very happy on how it turns out to be honest

Updates!

So its been yet another busy days at work
I received these today

Sentry_zpsd1bc8b2b.jpg

NEWPSU_zps68ac8aeb.jpg

Bought the fan controller since my plan to split the fans using fan hub at 7v is a failure due to voltage reason not being stable/cut down during start up
I love how the sentry mix look since the first sentry, I used the first version on my previous build

this is how it looks on the case

Sentry2_zps64ddc6b6.jpg

The new psu is also an upgrade, I've been re-calculating the wattage use of this build
and its on the edge of "recommended PSU" of 856w
While I have a lot of stuff which requires power from the usb port, decided to get the 1000w

On another note, after watching the monsoon bending kit video on youtube over and over again
I set up a bending station, pardon me if its such a mess
again as I said before, my house under heavy renovation so a lot of stuff are laying around

Bendingplace_zps1f3439c4.jpg

Result:

GPUBend_zps5967acee.jpg

MoboBend_zpsfe6fcd06.jpg

ResBend_zpsa2ebfa15.jpg

Will be doing more bending in the next couple of days
expect more update soon!

Yes, yes, pipework! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

@Jokrik hows the Sentry Mix 2? I have a Mix 1 in my HTPC and server and a few Mesh's.

This is totally awesome! It's a shame that the new Haswell-E is coming out and this socket won't be supported :/ Can't wait to see the final reveal!

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

@Jokrik hows the Sentry Mix 2? I have a Mix 1 in my HTPC and server and a few Mesh's.

I haven't give it a try yet

I'm still waiting for the custom fan port hub and the cables from the sentry is still under sleeving

but I love the knob better, its more solid and controllable unlike the mix 1

This is totally awesome! It's a shame that the new Haswell-E is coming out and this socket won't be supported :/ Can't wait to see the final reveal!

thx :) stay tuned

Updates!

This would be a very quick and small update, the build will be finished soon
All I need is to wait for my final package from Frozencpu (which already in the custom) containing low 90 adapter and some bolts for my fan radiators
The package will be here on Monday

Meanwhile I've finished the res of the tube bending except for the one from GPU to South Bridge (which require the low 90 adapter)
Pardon me for the crappy picture, its really hard to take good photos at midnight, after 2 hours of straight tube bending and with warm lighting

TubeRes1_zpsf84e8463.jpg

TubeRes2_zps0e7c0f1d.jpg

Tuberes3_zpsd8fa81ec.jpg

I've forgotten to take pics of the tube running from top rad to CPU block, guess it will have to wait until the loop is all done
The hard tubing is pretty tricky to be photographed, wrong angle and the tube would look off while it is actually straight

On another note , I have a lot of dust sitting in the case due to long waiting period
So I decided to take it all off today, and do final cleaning including washing the tubes and polishing it with car polish wax
and make all the nickel shinier

Cleaning_zps8b7ff813.jpg

These are all the tubes and fittings I'm using (total of 20 compression fittings)

Cleaning2_zps5535f290.jpg

I still can't resist how good the GPU block is , :rolleyes:

Cleaning3_zps148e8eaf.jpg

And the CLU is ON!

CLU_zpscb3dbed6.jpg

CLU2_zps6fe702a2.jpg

Thx for holding on til now, big thanks to whoever currently reading this
next update would be the final tube, cables and leak testing (I hope :)

Yusssss :) it's an update! I'm addicted to your build

RIG: Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 MoBo: ASUS H81M-PLUS RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Storage: 1TB WD Blue PSU: 450W Cooler Master OEM CASE: Corsair 350D

Just make sure you dont stab me :D

anyway thx! glad you like it

I can't knowing what build logs i might miss out on in the future ;)

RIG: Processor: Intel Core i3 4130 MoBo: ASUS H81M-PLUS RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Storage: 1TB WD Blue PSU: 450W Cooler Master OEM CASE: Corsair 350D

Another day, another updates!
All I can say is that it's nearly there :)
Without further ado 

So I have the last order from the US came in, contain some of the last adapters and plugs I need
Also bought a couple of fans just in case ...

ItemLast_zpsa435dcde.jpg

I have taken all the tubes off and clean them to remove the tube bits from sawing
and also polished it to remove some scratches during the bending with car wax
The compression fitting can easily scratch the tubes

Reinstall_zps489c8924.jpg

And I've finished bending the tube from South Bridge to GPU

Tubes_zps0207bbed.jpg

Another view

Tubes3_zps8c087598.jpg

Tubes2_zps6142b14d.jpg

And the fan hub has also arrived , I can now control all the fans :)
there will be more sleeved cables coming tomorrow especially for the LED (I will be using NZXT LED I have laying around) and for the fan controller cables

Fanhub_zpsf493f9b1.jpg

Lastly, I've played around with the cables management
It's not perfect and I'll mess around with it more later

Cables_zps3984512c.jpg

Next stop would be the long awaited leak test, it's pretty nerve wrecking since I've no experience with hard tubing
We'll see how it goes
finger crossed

LOVE that tubing!
Excellent job!

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

not to be rude but that is sexual.

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

Yeah about that whole build thing. how do I custom PC?

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

the build is on hold :(

Everything went so well yesterday, the bubbles are all gone and loving how silent the res and pump

Even took some pretty picture already

But the motherboad died for no clear reason

Debug code 00 no matter what I do

Gonna RMA it tomorrow hopefully theyve stock to replace mine :(