Project Blank

Hello again everyone, firstly

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I know its been a while since I've fully updated the log, but finally most of the wait has finally over

90% of the goods are here, and I can finally play and tune around the build as I wish

Lets get to the pictures, pardon me with the bad photos. I'm trying my best to take good pictures but since I have most of the house under renovation I have to move to a smaller working space with bad lighting

It's best to take pictures with daylight but I will be spending most of my time from morning til dawn in the office

I've tested the motherboard, CPU and GPU's with an open test bench with raid 0 ssd's

some people might say you can't tell the difference unless you are benchmarking and I might have the false alarm but

moving from 4 cores to 6 cores I can tell the difference especially with raid 0

I might be wrong 

Testing_zps211e8c37.jpg

After some testing I cleaned the CPU TIM and leave it as it is

Was planning to put the CPU block on but I want to wait for the Motherboard block to come which will come either tomorrow or the day after

I will be using CLU on all the blocks , yeah I know it's a lot of risk especially on the gpu since CLU can transfer electric current from the board

but no pain, no gain 

the 290's are running pretty hot even on the open test bench

Cleaned_zps214ad73f.jpg

I've also replaced my phoebus with an STX, tested it and man I can tell you; an stx can beat phoebus any day 

if you have a 7.1 setup than go for phoebus

but for someone like me who enjoy music more, go for STX

I have an AUNE T1 on hand and once I've assembled everything I'll compare the STX with AUNE (am using Shure SH1440 and BD DT880 250ohm for test)

Essence_zpse65d8fa7.jpg

I've received my monsoon bending kit before the new year but I was too busy packing for the short holiday and didn't get the chance to post it here

again, nice packaging by PPCS  ^_^

Monsoonbox_zps097830e7.jpg

Monsoon1_zps392c9219.jpg

monsoon2_zps772a1eac.jpg

And guess what I got today!

BOXes_zps42aec82c.jpg

This is as much packages I've ever received in a day!

The custom has been slacking during the holiday and told me they didn't want to release all the packages one by one, and I got 120$ of custom duty which is not as bad as I thought

It's a mixture of ummm.... Keyboard stuff...... (again) and some of the stuff for this log :P

Ordered the active cooling backplate from Aquacomputer straight

Backplate_zps2bcc57ba.jpg

The GPU block has also arrived, I was so lucky I get 2 out of 5 stock from frozencpu

I can tell you, you wont go wrong with AC stuff. Quality wise ... 

VGAblock_zpsbd971356.jpg

VGABlock2_zps7bf891f8.jpg

At first I thought there are some flaws in the block as you can see from the last photo, but I've realized its a carving of Hawaii islands inside the block it self :thumb:

FULL_zpsd4d5bbbd.jpg

Last box for this log came from the sleeving guy!

This is the box I've anticipated the most, it has all the goodies for the build

sleeving wise, it's looking really good

I'm too tired from the holiday and will take proper pictures tomorrow and assembled other stuff including the GPU blocks

so, until tomorrow fellas!

I really hope, that you're going to finish this build in the near future, because every time I click on this thread and look through all the picture, I have to change underwear, if you know what I mean. 

Stoked to see further progress! :) 

This sure is a contender for my personal favorite build log of the year, so hopefully you won't disappoint :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I really hope, that you're going to finish this build in the near future, because every time I click on this thread and look through all the picture, I have to change underwear, if you know what I mean. 

Stoked to see further progress! :)

This sure is a contender for my personal favorite build log of the year, so hopefully you won't disappoint :)

Thrust me I wont disappoint you :)

I'll finish it up by this month hopefully!

Thrust me I wont disappoint you :)

I'll finish it up by this month hopefully!

Awesome! But should I really thrust you? D:

I trust you, but thrusting takes it a little far :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Is it over? Or more pics are there?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Which Distilled Water did you use?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Trooper_zps83275c94.jpg

So as I've said, there will be consistent update from now on. And today I decided to start on dressing the GPU's and radiators

So I tested the fans, it seems that the fan port splitter doesn't work if downvolted to 7v,
I have to get a handmade fan port splitter in this case. What bothers me is that its pretty hard to get a black pcb fan splitter and I wont stop until I get one. An all dark color build have to be all dark

FanTest_zpsd6dd3321.jpg

and test fit the rad

TestFit_zps88ebf097.jpg

TestFit2_zpsbeadc30d.jpg

Still cant test fit the 480 rad due to the length of the screws which is a tiny bit too short . The shortage is due to Caselabs drop mount system which resulted in an alu plate run in between fans and radiators

moving on...
Let the undressing begun

OpenGPU_zpsdbb78fc9.jpg

I was stuck with the unscrewing part since the guide from AC is so minimal, for those of you who are taking the stock cooler of 290's
Make sure you check the two screws near the ports, it's the two screws on the left (see picture)

OpenGPU3_zpsc17d30ff.jpg

And she's naked! :D

OpenGPU2_zps73b52903.jpg

It's time to clean her

OpenGPU4_zpsaebe09e1.jpg

The indigo cleaner really does make a difference for easy TIM cleaning, you can see my hand reflection. And no, I did not edit the photo
It's pure sensor camera play with good lighting and Indigo cleaner

GPUClean_zpse2e64715.jpg

I was planning to use CLU on the GPU, but seeing how compliated the PCB on AMD GPUs compare to NVIDIA
I decided to only use my trusty ICdiamond, and MX-4 on the RAM module

GPUPaste_zps146d26e9.jpg

This is the Active XCS Backplate I was talking about, the backplate is aluminium . Love how solid it feels

Backplate2_zps7504b201.jpg

Had to take off the stock terminal and replace it with the one included in the backplate. It has heat sink build into it

Terminal_zpse9294ab8.jpg

And applied some TIM on it

Backplate_zpse24768c7.jpg

DONE!

MoneyShotGPU_zpseafabe65.jpg

MoneyShotGPU2_zps8b5c7748.jpg

Those blocks look fantastic. Awesome log!

Custom loop  [Core i5 3570k]  [ASUS DCII 680]  [Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H]  [Phanteks Enthoo Primo]  [120GB SSD]  [1TB HDD]

OS  [ubuntu 13.10]  [Numix icon and theme]  [Proprietary Nvidia drivers]

Display  [3x (LG 22EA63T-P)]

Seems weird that they didn't opt to cover the entire PCB with the block, but I still like it. And the islands carved in is so cool!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Those blocks look fantastic. Awesome log!

Thx :)

Seems weird that they didn't opt to cover the entire PCB with the block, but I still like it. And the islands carved in is so cool!

Yeah I love the carving as well... :)

+follow! Those backplates with that Black Edition                 'O.O'

crafted personality!

Awesome stuff man, im not going quite so all out with custom watercooling with mine but I think I'm gonna pick up a XFX 290 cheap as I can get it (reference) and then chuck a Kraken G10 on it with a Corsair H90. Should make my pc whisper quiet as the loudest component will be my CPU fans at 25DB.

Awesome stuff man, im not going quite so all out with custom watercooling with mine but I think I'm gonna pick up a XFX 290 cheap as I can get it (reference) and then chuck a Kraken G10 on it with a Corsair H90. Should make my pc whisper quiet as the loudest component will be my CPU fans at 25DB.

The pump noise is fairly noticeable. The pump is louder than the fan in AIO units.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Trooper_zps83275c94.jpg

So as I've said, there will be consistent update from now on. And today I decided to start on dressing the GPU's and radiators

So I tested the fans, it seems that the fan port splitter doesn't work if downvolted to 7v,
I have to get a handmade fan port splitter in this case. What bothers me is that its pretty hard to get a black pcb fan splitter and I wont stop until I get one. An all dark color build have to be all dark

It's lookin Good Jokrik :)

This made my bank account cry....

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

This build is going too look so good when it's finished.

Just a heads up putting the EVO in raid 0 will likely negate some of the artificial benefits and will be closer to putting 2 standard 840's in raid 0

+follow! Those backplates with that Black Edition                 'O.O'

;)

well, AIO watercooling is a start

brace yourself for water cooling addiction, the G10 looks good though

and its such a revolution in water cooling

It's lookin Good Jokrik :)

Thx man! good to see fellow keyboard maniac!

This made my bank account cry....

made mine too unfortunately :(

This build is going too look so good when it's finished.

Thx and stay tuned! :)

Just a heads up putting the EVO in raid 0 will likely negate some of the artificial benefits and will be closer to putting 2 standard 840's in raid 0

Yeah I realised that when reading around

but again the price of evo is at 70% of 840 when I bought it (in my country)

raid 0 is for prestige anyway ;) but I can feel the difference with the new rig, might have because of the 6 cores (or raid 0)

Its weekend with plenty of spare time in the morning :D
so, I reckon the reservoir was ready to receive some love

First and most important is the mounting, I ordered some alu plate from caselabs which goes with the mounting bar
Tape it to measure

ResMount1_zps44c1e71d.jpg

Plus the rotary tool

ResMount2_zpsef42ca56.jpg

and tapping

ResMount3_zpscc1de08b.jpg

and TADA!

ResMount4_zps526fd4f7.jpg

ResMount5_zps6383fc47.jpg

And a little sneak peak when I tested the res mount

Preview_zps8e1cf6b1.jpg

Preview2_zps2a3c6259.jpg

The EK motherboard block is currently still a country away
should be here on Monday and I can start tinkering on the loop

*snip*

Yeah I realised that when reading around

but again the price of evo is at 70% of 840 when I bought it (in my country)

raid 0 is for prestige anyway ;) but I can feel the difference with the new rig, might have because of the 6 cores (or raid 0)

Do you mean 840 Pro when you say that because the 840 should be the same price or cheaper if you can find it, though im not saying that you should.

Do you mean 840 Pro when you say that because the 840 should be the same price or cheaper if you can find it, though im not saying that you should.

840 in my country is like 10-20$ more expensive

tbh the pricing here is a bit messed up, this is due to each product brand has different supplier/importer

and they can adjust the price nearly as much as they want to take bigger market share

I was bargaining for 780 before I purchased my 290's

the price went down by 40$ in a single phone call (since I know the guy I gave him a call) because the MSI importer is in pursue to take bigger market share than ASUS

840 in my country is like 10-20$ more expensive

tbh the pricing here is a bit messed up, this is due to each product brand has different supplier/importer

and they can adjust the price nearly as much as they want to take bigger market share

I was bargaining for 780 before I purchased my 290's

the price went down by 40$ in a single phone call (since I know the guy I gave him a call) because the MSI importer is in pursue to take bigger market share than ASUS

Odd well heads up for the future when doing raid yo udont want any drives that employ tricks as most likely they wont work, so something like the 840 Pro or Marvell based drive like a Plextor would be the best option for something like that. The 840 EVO works best as a single drive OS drive since its super speedy at reads, all of it "tricks" rely on smaller file reads/writes, and the RAPID feature would be a waste to use if it was being used on a highly utilized drive.

Odd well heads up for the future when doing raid yo udont want any drives that employ tricks as most likely they wont work, so something like the 840 Pro or Marvell based drive like a Plextor would be the best option for something like that. The 840 EVO works best as a single drive OS drive since its super speedy at reads, all of it "tricks" rely on smaller file reads/writes, and the RAPID feature would be a waste to use if it was being used on a highly utilized drive.

Noted!

Thx for the heads up!