be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 - where to buy

LinusTech

looks nice the thing about mounting if u were mounting it outside of the case would it of still been a problem for slick to install?

looks nice the thing about mounting if u were mounting it outside of the case would it of still been a problem for slick to install?

mounting it outside ?. how are you suposed to cool anyting if its not on the cpu *derp*

mounting it outside ?. how are you suposed to cool anyting if its not on the cpu *derp*

im talking about mounting the cpu cooler on the CPU and MOTHERBOARD before u put it in the case -_-

NCIX: http://bit.ly/189qLHI

The Shadow Rock 2 is reasonably priced, performs well, and looks cool... Too bad it has one of the worst mounting mechanisms we've ever seen :(

why dont they put 4 holes through the heat sink it self, so you can put the screw driver or something down through the holes to mount it? 

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

I am surprised at the mounting mechanism... I mean, the thing is German designed so you would expect awesomeness! Regardless, looks freakin' sweeeet!

Was the charts in the video suppose to show "Frames Per Second - More is Better"? if it I might be changing my Cooler from the H100i. xD

im talking about mounting the cpu cooler on the CPU and MOTHERBOARD before u put it in the case -_-

ahum that makes sence

Looks amazing but not sure about those fans tbh, well actually not that I am not sure, I dont like them tbh. I have a be quiet! Dark Rock 2 myself and its all inside of an Antec P280 (quiet case) with 5 other Antec case fans and the loudest thing by far is the be quiet fan. I'm going to be replacing it with Noctua fans tbh. 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I am going to buy one to use as a COOL paper weight on my desk. :)

Slick. The graphs where you show the tempature: it actually says, "frames per second - more is better!"

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I'm confused about the graphs you showed. Load/Idle@20c and "Frames Per Second - More is better" does that mean you get the CPU to 20c and take not of the amount of FPS it took?

No... it must be a mistake, that would mean the H100i is a load of poo. Annotations all up in this b*tch!

Does Linus not realize the links he uses for NCIX don't work outside of Canada? At the very least in the US they just take me to http://us.ncix.com/, and Hotspot shield doesn't let me pretend to be from Canada.