Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

@nicklmg @LinusTech I'm not sure if you need to edit the main topic. Add sponsors such as Crunchyroll, and maybe some more.

Yes we get ad revenue from the Vessel platform AND we get subscription revenue. That's why we pull out our normally baked in ads. The subscription revenue more than compensates for it.

I get very short ads but for charities and such, coding, water availability, not really comercial.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...

@LinusTech

Both coupon codes for iFixit has been expired, anyway you can renew them? I'm looking to buy a pro kit from them.

Is it possible to make a one time direct contribution? I watch your videos everyday and would like to give back.

(Sorry if this - or something similar - was already suggested)

Unless it's against the conditions of the affiliate program, could you create subdomains of linustechtips.com to redirect to the correct link.

There are some people who don't use bookmarks for everything...

When I go to amazon, I don't be looking for the bookmark, where ever it is (if I even have one on this machine), I just type amazon.co.uk in the address bar ;) ...but then I forget to use your affiliate code and give you that little kick back :'(

If something like amazonuk.linustechtps.com existed, and automatically redirected to http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-21, it would make it much easier to use. Same thing for the other links.

Alternatively, linustechtips.com/amazonuk would probably even easier to implement, though less convenient to use.

I'm not saying it would revolutionize the affiliate program, but the subdomain shouldn't cost anything, nor much time to create, so there is nothing to lose, all to gain :)

Hope you consider this, thanks

Been watching your youtube channel and other posted reviews often for that extra trusted support on parts for rigs i build to use/sell/donate, has helped make decisions alot.

Thank you for your helpful services. :D

A youtube tech giveaway email led me to your twitch which then led me to your store which then led me here LOL

Very nice and convenient that i am able to now support you through my regular Amazon UK shopping using your affiliate link, as i shop there alot... hella' more often than i go for groceries haha!

Feels good to now be supporting you in a better way whilst all i'm doing is shopping online same as before :)

Keep up the great work Linus and Team

(still secretly wishing to become a reviewer to build fun freebie rigs hehe)

Can you get Amazon links for other countries. I live in India and use Amazon regularly. I could help out.

Italy needs an Amazon Italy affiliate link. I would be really pleased to help you through the referral link. In the last year I spent quite a bit on amazon and the fact that i couldn't support LMG while doing so bothered me. So, please, give us an affiliate link. Thanks <3

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did my part - Amazon UK affiliate link & a few hundred pounds dropped! I spend almost all my money on Amazon so at least I can do my part for you guys :)

I wish they did but I guess Linus would feel bad in a way.

Yes they do at the "store" section of the website.

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

• 3 weeks later...

Can't seem to find that 'Keep on Digging' t-shirt anywhere. Is that a limited edition or something?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

hi all

can please someone provide me with a linus discount code for the FreshBooks? i can't find on the page 1 post anything on that

many thanks

what happened to the hot spot shield offer code? i was thinking of getting it with the new UK law

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

• 2 weeks later...

Hot off the press !

IFIXIT EUROPE - 10% off with LTT !   (Discount code LINUS)

Yup, after a call to them for my awesome IFixIT kit, there was no mention of the US discount on the EU Site, NOW I have sorted it with them - just ask them - 10% off all products with /LINUS 

You may have to email them (for EU Orders), but you WILL get the discount - Thanks to LTT and IFixIT

Zoom Boots

Linus you should do a computer build onto the back of a chair. With a monitor mounted to the back! Take a DXRacer. Put all the parts on the back, the optical drive under the arm rest. That would be insane

Wanna buy a shirt, supporting LMG.... Everything out of stock. 

How am I supposed to help you if everything is already out sold? :(

Whats the actual code for amazon? I'm trying to use a chrome plugin, and it only works with the code.

Whats the actual code for amazon? I'm trying to use a chrome plugin, and it only works with the code.

linustechtips-20 for .com - it's the &tag= parameter in the URL.

HTTP/2 203

Not sure if I should ask here or not.. but will the LTT Noctua fans have another run or are they just a limited edition for the time being?

Not sure if I should ask here or not.. but will the LTT Noctua fans have another run or are they just a limited edition for the time being?

I'll quote Linus @ Wan Show: "It's a limited thing. We are not going into the hardwarebuisness. This is a one time thing. We might do more if they are selling out pretty quickly...."

But yes. It's limited. So I purchased one right after the announcement. It actually should be at my doorstep TODAY!

Hi LTT,

Looking to buy my new Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and LTT Noctua fan from OCuk in the UK. how do i make sure you guys get the affiliate money from my purchase. it gives me the option to pay with amazon on there web page but can't see how to affiliate to yourselves.

Thanks

Si