WB announce a new LOTR game

Beskamir

In my opinion it sucks compared to what they C&Ded to ensure people would actually by this. Pretty much when I read:

Players control a lone ranger by the name of Talion as he journeys deep into the heart of Mordor in the days before it transforms into a blasted hellscape.

And realized the game will not give us the choice of customizing our character my little hope for a decent LotR game was destroyed. I was hoping to be an Elf of Mirkwood or Lothlórien fighting in all the major battles during the war of the ring. Anyways I will not be buying or waiting in anticipation for this peice of crap, but since I'm a LotR fan I felt I had to make an article about it's anouncement. Also there is one thing that I sort of think is interesting. The battle system sounds promising but considering they are only talking about it I don't expect it to be that good in practice also if it is decent, one good feature doesn't make a ruined opertunity any better.

The Nemesis System assures that every enemy you fight is a named foe, and if they survive their battle with you, they continue to grow, improve, and act in the world, even as you attempt to do the same with Talion.

WB should just give up on the LotR license and let dedicated fans make a LotR game already!

Source:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/12/december-2013-shadow-of-mordor-67498.aspx

And what WB C&Ded so this excuse of a game would sell:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project

They're probably announcing it now after Batman has died down and while the Humble Bundle is running for the added interest.

Not a LotR fan personally, but I'd much prefer the fans get what they want because unless your name is Steve Jobs, your fans know better than you.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Got really excited about this, then read that your character "dies and is resurrected with wraith abilities".

Not interested.

Gaming Rig - CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | COOLER: Stock | MOBO: Gigabye Z87 Gaming | GPU: Gigabye Geforce GTX 980 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB (16GB) 

Because of the C&D against MERP and various other failures I haven't had a need to buy any products that WB has gotten their dirty hands on. even the survival map Helm's Deep for l4d2 is more true to the lore than this ... :P

Waiting for a new LOTR strategy game, like the battle for middle earth. Loved that game so much  :wub:

you think they would have learned by now what people want. Customization, choices, and a riveting plot line. Those are on my list at least. My favourite LOTR game is still LOTR: The Return of the King.

Either that or the Hobbit of course.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Hope it will be better than LOTR WoTN...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Hope it will be better than LOTR WoTN...

It's being made by the same dev that made Guardians for Middle Earth so my hopes are for it being better are almost nonexistent.

Edit

It's being made by the same dev

sticker,375x360.png

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

sticker,375x360.png

Sorry I missread your post it's the same dev that made Guardians of Middle Earth not War in the North which I think wasn't as shitty as Guardians of Middle Earth, so in that sense it's even worse...