Just got my first 2560x1440 monitor

RadSalacan

Icons.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

What brand/model did you get?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

rainmeter or clean image

i like clean image with matrix code around 20% transparency on top

What brand/model did you get?

It's one of the cheap-o panels that they put together in Korea with the rejected apple screens.  The X-Star one.  27 inch.  I did a grey test to look for dead pixels and backlight bleed.  None of either :)  right now I have it set at 100 Hz.  I'm MORE than pleased with this thing!  I ordered it last Monday.  1 week from south Korea?  That's pretty reasonable to me! and can't beat the price!  Skyrim time! haha

rainmeter or clean image

i like clean image with matrix code around 20% transparency on top

I am interested in this clean image you speak of. Link to download?

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

It's one of the cheap-o panels that they put together in Korea with the rejected apple screens.  The X-Star one.  27 inch.  I did a grey test to look for dead pixels and backlight bleed.  None of either :)  right now I have it set at 100 Hz.  I'm MORE than pleased with this thing!  I ordered it last Monday.  1 week from south Korea?  That's pretty reasonable to me! and can't beat the price!  Skyrim time! haha

I have the Qnix which is the same thing and I love it...You should OC it to 120hz and use a custom 120hz color profile found here..

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13500-qnix-qx2710-review-2560x1440-matte-overclock-able-pls.html

There is also a club of us and a bunch of info on your monitor here..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

PM me if you need any help configuring monitor.. :)

I am interested in this clean image you speak of. Link to download?

well by clean i kind just meant only have like the trash can on your desktop, dont fill it with icons

I have the Qnix which is the same thing and I love it...You should OC it to 120hz and use a custom 120hz color profile found here..

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13500-qnix-qx2710-review-2560x1440-matte-overclock-able-pls.html

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

They OC to 120hz!?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

well by clean i kind just meant only have like the trash can on your desktop, dont fill it with icons

Ahhh I see, my bad!

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Ahhh I see, my bad!

np i got lazy when i wrote that and didn't get my point across too well, i guess that's why im doing bad in english... :D

Looks like I may have gotten a bit unlucky with this one.  I love it and it looks great but doesn't look like it wants to go past 100 Hz.  I'm totally fine with that haha.  A huge upgrade from my 60 Hz panel.  I'm loving this thing!!!!!!

Looks like I may have gotten a bit unlucky with this one.  I love it and it looks great but doesn't look like it wants to go past 100 Hz.  I'm totally fine with that haha.  A huge upgrade from my 60 Hz panel.  I'm loving this thing!!!!!!

You should try a 24AWG Dvi cable..They are cheap at Monoprice if you are in the US...Let me know if you need a link.

What GPU are you using?Did you patch your drivers?

Yes sir...Well most of them do.

could you send me a link to a good seller? Or are they all about the same...?

You should try a 24AWG Dvi cable..They are cheap at Monoprice if you are in the US...Let me know if you need a link.

What GPU are you using?Did you patch your drivers?

I used the cable that came with the monitor.  Is that really something that would make a difference?  I have a 780 and yes, i'm using the most up to date drivers.

I used the cable that came with the monitor.  Is that really something that would make a difference?  I have a 780 and yes, i'm using the most up to date drivers.

Cables are hit and miss with these..I mean for $10 its worth a shot..If not then you should run at 96hz so movies look smoother due to the 24fps mode movies are shot in..And then use a 96hz color profile from the websites i linked.When OCed these monitors loss Gamma and the profiles correct that.

Cables are hit and miss with these..I mean for $10 its worth a shot..If not then you should run at 96hz so movies look smoother due to the 24fps mode movies are shot in..And then use a 96hz color profile from the websites i linked.When OCed these monitors loss Gamma and the profiles correct that.

Right on.  I'll do that tomorrow.  Thanks a lot man.

Right on.  I'll do that tomorrow.  Thanks a lot man.

No problem bud..PM me if you need any help. :)