Do you think consoles will be obsolete in 5-8 years?

digitalnav

As I've said before with in home streaming becoming a thing why would we need a Desktop PC when we can have a powerhouse of a computer delivering games and media to any device on the network that sits in a closet or it's own room? so i believe that consoles will just evolve into content delivery platforms.

Also don't give me that BS about a hardcore of PC enthusiasts will keep the big box of lights that sits under or on your desk because why would big component manufactures keep making parts for what would be a shrinking market?

Basically the HOME computer will replace the PERSONAL computer and the console will become the plat form for content delivery which will include streaming games from the HOME computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think (looking at the xbox one now) consoles will act as media boxes more and more in the future, ass well as gaming. I don't think there gonna be dead soon. Most people just wanna play games easy, without looking at stuff like system requirements I think

If consoles go away so be it. If computers go away so be it. Quite honestly the world could go on and be a better place with less tech out there for people to buy.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

A grea example is this new game called Watch Dogs. Their original gameplay trailers were based on PS4, and when the PC version, which starred NVIDIA's HBAO technology and rendered everything so beuaitfully, gamers were pretty pissed.