What laptop should I get guys?

flamer7

yea laptops have too many problems. thts why i gave up gaming on them. idrather game on my phone now(which i occasioanyl do in school) than on a laptop

Hahaha on the phone? That's not exactly fun, FPS's on phones are bad!

Well i don't know too much about laptops to be honest. But anything from asus,msi or lenovo should be a good bet^^

And since those are windows based laptops i'd suggest picking up a copy of microsoft office (or a free equivalent). exel is really nice to have while studying.

True, wondering what people will recommend here

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion-101-W740SU-Gaming-Laptop

this one has a 14.1 inch screen and Intel Iris Graphics which are fine for gaming. It has a base of $1029, but if you want you can upgrade some parts of it.

This was quite good, but Iris graphics! If I got a laptop for gaming I think Nvidia would be better :/, I know I'm picky, I'm sorry.

Hahaha on the phone? That's not exactly fun, FPS's on phones are bad!

True, wondering what people will recommend here

This was quite good, but Iris graphics! If I got a laptop for gaming I think Nvidia would be better :/, I know I'm picky, I'm sorry.

FPS on laptop are bad too

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

FPS on laptop are bad too

I don't mind em though, it's just abit difficult to control on the touchscreen haha

Nvidia is better, but the only laptop in your size with mobile Nvidia graphics that is good is the Razer Blade. Sorry, but this is going to probably be one of the best you can get. I will continue looking, but dont expect 765M/770M/780M, expect 750M/755M. Look into the Lenovo Y500P. Those are 14" and they have 750M's and are about $1,100. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Nvidia is better, but the only laptop in your size with mobile Nvidia graphics that is good is the Razer Blade. Sorry, but this is going to probably be one of the best you can get. I will continue looking, but dont expect 765M/770M/780M, expect 750M/755M. Look into the Lenovo Y500P. Those are 14" and they have 750M's and are about $1,100. 

Hey this is a great one ! http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion-101-W230ST-Gaming-Laptop , do you have any idea how much it weighs? I cant seem to find it

I take back what I said, CyberPowerPC has done the impossible. i7, 765M, 13.3" and all for $1,100. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X3-9100_Gaming_Notebook

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Hey this is a great one ! http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion-101-W230ST-Gaming-Laptop , do you have any idea how much it weighs? I cant seem to find it

I was actually looking for that one when I found the one with the Iris graphics. I never found it. Congrats! I would estimate around 6 or 7 pounds. 

I don't mind em though, it's just abit difficult to control on the touchscreen haha

meh even with mouse i dont like playing fps on laptop

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm not gonna get 2 laptops as I stated in the comments, I'm only gonna get one either more for studies or gaming. And which GE40 do you recommend? There are more than one. I don't think I'll get Dragon eyes though as I will be looked at as that nerdy kid who just plays games :(

Don't let that influence your choice, if it's the best option get it. You can always cover it up with a case. Get the best spec you can afford!

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

I was actually looking for that one when I found the one with the Iris graphics. I never found it. Congrats! I would estimate around 6 or 7 pounds. 

Oh shoot both these laptops only ship to US and Canada! I live outside in Asia. Damn it!

meh even with mouse i dont like playing fps on laptop

I don't much either, more to Dota games

This one looks great too, as well as the battalion one, but do you know how the battery life is?

No Idea. It will most likely last maybe 1/3 of a day with mainstream use (Twitch, Word, Chrome, etc) and probably half that when gaming. 

Oh shoot both these laptops only ship to US and Canada! I live outside in Asia. Damn it!

Malibal.com ships internationally. That might be your best bet. 

Don't let that influence your choice, if it's the best option get it. You can always cover it up with a case. Get the best spec you can afford!

I guess so, looking at the MSI ones now. Not sure if I can find cases for this laptop though!

I guess so, looking at the MSI ones now. Not sure if I can find cases for this laptop though!

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=435

$1,400 i7, 760M, 14"

Malibal.com ships internationally. That might be your best bet. 

There are only 11/15/17 inch laptops there, but thanks alot for your help! You've been helpful :)

Heh thanks for this, was just looking at the Dragon Eyes one.

Those are nice also. 

No body mentioned the 14" Alienwares yet. No idea if they ship to Asia. 

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-14/pd.aspx#overrides=dkcwg01h:6~GT7652

In the first column, select the 765M in the Video Card section. That brings it to $1,250. 

No body mentioned the 14" Alienwares yet. No idea if they ship to Asia. 

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-14/pd.aspx#overrides=dkcwg01h:6~GT7652

In the first column, select the 765M in the Video Card section. That brings it to $1,250. 

I may have gotten them if they didn't weigh a ton haha, I do think that the MSI is best right now

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

He wants them under 14"

He wants them under 14"

Well under 14" on CPPC you can only get integrated gfx. With that 15" you get a 770/780. 

Take that back: 13.3" with 765m http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X3-9100_Gaming_Notebook

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Well under 14" on CPPC you can only get integrated gfx. With that 15" you get a 770/780. 

He wants them under 14"

I've pretty much towards http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/MSI-GE40-2OC-245US-14-i7-4702MQ-12GB-1-128TB-nVIDIA-GTX-760M-2GB-Gaming-Laptop-/370925913857?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item565ce84701&_uhb=1 now, seems like a great choice. HD screen, 12GB ram, lightweight, all for not too expensive a price. Thanks :)

I've pretty much towards http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/MSI-GE40-2OC-245US-14-i7-4702MQ-12GB-1-128TB-nVIDIA-GTX-760M-2GB-Gaming-Laptop-/370925913857?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item565ce84701&_uhb=1 now, seems like a great choice. HD screen, 12GB ram, lightweight, all for not too expensive a price. Thanks :)

That will do just fine. I'm here to help and help is what I did  :)