Windows 8.1 Task Manager showing Wrong RAM speed!

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Don't worry about it, your system is fine.

It has to do with the way Windows gets the RAM info. Same for the CPU speed. They fixed some issues with Task Manager in 8.1, but not all. Hopefully in 8.2.

I think Microsoft was simply too busy in improving Windows 8.1 for small screen displays, trying to balance further the desktop, tablet, laptop experience, and doing optimizations for Win8 to run better on even lower end system to cover low powered tablets. Plus, probably, many delays related to the new restructuring that the company is having.. but that is just my guess.

I recently built a new Z87 system with a 4670k overclocked to 4.5ghz, and 16gb RAM from Corsair rated at 1866mhz.

I enabled X.M.P. and everything but Task Manager shows it running at 1866. 

Task Manager shows 1333mhz

Any Ideas? 

To Clarify, I know how to initiate RAM Timings, and XMP... 

What is even weirder is that sometimes, it will display 1400mhz then later go back to 1333mhz. 

Thanks!

post-7558-0-20835100-1384049605.png

post-7558-0-51539800-1384049611.png

Well if you went into the BIOS and set it to 1866MHz, it's just a bug in 8.1 then I guess.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

8.1 being 8.1

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It has to do with the way Windows gets the RAM info. Same for the CPU speed. They fixed some issues with Task Manager in 8.1, but not all. Hopefully in 8.2.

I think Microsoft was simply too busy in improving Windows 8.1 for small screen displays, trying to balance further the desktop, tablet, laptop experience, and doing optimizations for Win8 to run better on even lower end system to cover low powered tablets. Plus, probably, many delays related to the new restructuring that the company is having.. but that is just my guess.

• 2 weeks later...

BUG !!!!!!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Thank you for not just bashing win8 for no good reason.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

• 1 year later...