BitCoin ASIC usb setup ideas I need help!

So I'm looking into getting some ASIC usb's as they're quite cheap at $15 on amazon, I want to start a small 8-10 asic rig, I did some math and it'll take a while to pay for itself but I want to do it for funish. So I need some ideas on how to setup these asic's It seems most setups are consisted of: powered 7-10 Port USB 3 hubs with 1 usb fan, and the rest of the ports ASIC usb miners, but I was wondering are there any other good setups? I also need to figure out what usb hub I'm using I know for sure it needs to be powered, but I'm not exactly in the mood of spending 'ONLY $59.99!' on a usb 3 hub. So what usb hub should I buy, and is there a better usb setup, then the one I'm looking at?

post-34301-0-73796800-1383935803.jpg <--- that is sold for $395 on Amazon good luck to the seller on getting someone to buy it WAY to overpriced, as asics only cost $15 on amazon now.

This is the only usb setup I really know of, is there a better different one?

I also have my extra rasberry pi setup with minepeon all I need is an asic usb setup. It'd be nice if the hub worked with my rasberry pi incase I decide they will run off the pi forever but right now I belive I'm going to be running them on my gaming machine.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

And I don't want to buy a usb setup because that picture I know it only costs under $150 to make and most will be sold for $100 more than it costs to make or double what it costed to make.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

I was thinking external but I have some open bays, I'll consider it. Wow, thats a lot of usb bays....

Anyone have experience with any of these and usb asics or usb power drawing devices?

Etekcity® Premium 10 Port Powered External USB 2.0 Hub - with 3A Power Adapter, High-speed Transfer Rate Up to 480Mbps

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter

DKnight USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + 5V 1.5A Charging Port with 5V 3A Power Adapter

Satechi 12 Port USB Hub with Power Adapter & 2 Control Switches

Satechi 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub (9 Port USB 3.0 + 1 iPad Charging Port) 5 Volt, 5 Amp

You can find all of these by copy/paste what they are above on amazon.

(Note: The charging ports are helpful for where to plug the usb fan into to cool the ASIC miners.)

ask @Ssoele he has like 100 of those 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Anyone have experience with any of these and usb asics or usb power drawing devices?

Etekcity® Premium 10 Port Powered External USB 2.0 Hub - with 3A Power Adapter, High-speed Transfer Rate Up to 480Mbps

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter

DKnight USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + 5V 1.5A Charging Port with 5V 3A Power Adapter

Satechi 12 Port USB Hub with Power Adapter & 2 Control Switches

Satechi 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub (9 Port USB 3.0 + 1 iPad Charging Port) 5 Volt, 5 Amp

You can find all of these by copy/paste what they are above on amazon.

nope i think they are overpriced. but anker is a very good brand 

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

- wheels for cosmos II

nope i think they are overpriced. but anker is a very good brand 

Do u know if the DKnight or 12 port usb 2 Satechi would be good enough? They're both powered, and the DKnight seems like a rebranded 7 port usb 3 with 1 charging port Anker? They look exactly the same almost.

Do u know if the DKnight or 12 port usb 2 Satechi would be good enough? They're both powered, and the DKnight seems like a rebranded 7 port usb 3 with 1 charging port Anker? They look exactly the same almost.

That could be but i'm not sure about it.

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

- wheels for cosmos II

-snip-

You had to take the picture where they could see how dirty my room is didn't you? :P

You had to take the picture where they could see how dirty my room is didn't you? :P

Yeah, sorry about that.

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

- wheels for cosmos II

I'd personally go for the front bays (and that is what I did), they are way cheaper (about half the price of a decent 10 port hub) and you don't have to worry about if they have enough power, your PSU should be able to handle them (30W for 12 miners). I however needed a 300W 5V power supply extra in that case because 117 ports draw quite a bit more then a normal PSU can handle.

As with most other posts regarding these USB ASICS, I highly recommend you avoid them. You will likely never see an ROI.

Try calculating it here. http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

At $15 each, you're paying $45 per G/hash... That is one of the worst prices for ASICS currently. The best is currently $3 per G/hash, and even those have a somewhat iffy return.

Give this a read as well, check the comments for counter arguments and other discussions. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oto74/thinking_of_ordering_an_asic_there_is_most_likely/

If these ASICS were capable of seeing a return or profits, why wouldn't the sellers run them? By selling a profitable ASIC he the seller is selling at a loss. While sometimes compared to selling picks in a gold rush, the difference being Bitcoin mining does not require labour, skill, or effort you simply plug it in and it works. It's why the ROI and profit margins on ASICS are very low, the manufacturer knows they would make more money running them and any sale they make is at a potential loss when compared to if they just plugged them in.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.