NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Benchmarks, Review & Teardown: 2x, 3x, 4x SLI and 4k Resolution

digitalnav

NVIDIA GTX 780Ti: Benchmark, Review and Teardown 

Test Bench
  • Intel 4960X at 4.4Ghz
  • ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
  • Corsair AX 1200i
  • 32GB Corsair Platinum
  • Windows 8.1

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

You're Kool Mr. I have 4 780Ti's

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

shitting gold bricks are you

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So we should see some reviews from Linus soon?

780ti is about 10% better in games than the 290X then?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Goota love the music, nice to see they scale not to badly over 4K (well 3-4 sli is silly anyway)

the performance gains at 1080p yeah sure they are big over the 290x on some games but on others its only a small amount. but the 290(X) is designed for 4K+ and i didint see any of those benchmarks =/

id still call the 290/290x better value. you can Crossfire two 290s for the price of a 780ti

and you would be silly to buy one/two/three now so close to Nvidias 800 series.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

NVIDIA GTX 780Ti: Benchmark, Review and Teardown 

Test Bench
  • Intel 4960X at 4.4Ghz
  • ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
  • Corsair AX 1200i
  • 32GB Corsair Platinum
  • Windows 8.1

Is Digitalstorm going to O.C GTX780Ti and watercool it? Would be really interested to see the result from your side.

I'm getting some very wierd freezes with the first video the audio is a load of crap :(

I guess 2 or 3 way sli GPU's is currently the best configuration for Titans or Ti Erasers

Goota love the music, nice to see they scale not to badly over 4K (well 3-4 sli is silly anyway)

the performance gains at 1080p yeah sure they are big over the 290x on some gains but on others its only a small ammount. but that's designed for 4K+ and i didint see any of those benchmarks =/

id still call the 290/290x better value. you can Crossfire two 290s for the price of a 780ti

I guess we still have to wait till today or later on within a week for a awesome driver to come out. However it looks pretty pointless that the entire range of 700 series cards won't be able to play 4K resolutions and 60 FPS with low MS and great refresh rate. But out of the box I would go 780 Ti looks better whether its on a stock cooler. Paying for metal not plastic and I guess if the 290X came with a metal shrouding like the origin 690 which was the first metal card with the 3 curved lines then we're really talking about a graphics card that'll perform.

Hopefully Maxwell can make 4K realistic gameplay not benchmarking perfection and the next generation of AMD architecture

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I have al day to play with 8... i said 8 CARDS. Tell me anything you want done ;)

Damnn.......Lend me one. Nah i joke I'd be fine with a 660 Ti if i was ever to upgrade

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Is Digitalstorm going to O.C GTX780Ti and watercool it? Would be really interested to see the result from your side.

The old Watercool blocks do not fit, waiting for companies to release and will do!

Also, over clocking video will be up today aswell.

I'm getting some very wierd freezes with the first video the audio is a load of crap :(

I guess 2 or 3 way sli GPU's is currently the best configuration for Titans or Ti Erasers

I guess we still have to wait till today or later on within a week for a awesome driver to come out. However it looks pretty pointless that the entire range of 700 series cards won't be able to play 4K resolutions and 60 FPS with low MS and great refresh rate. But out of the box I would go 780 Ti looks better whether its on a stock cooler. Paying for metal not plastic and I guess if the 290X came with a metal shrouding like the origin 690 which was the first metal card with the 3 curved lines then we're really talking about a graphics card that'll perform.

True I have some ref-290x's atm and I can still get a nice OC out of them. currently waiting for After market coolers before I can go any further.

I wonder will the 780ti go the same as the Titan (aka no aftermarket coolers)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I have al day to play with 8... i said 8 CARDS. Tell me anything you want done ;)

triple 4K monitor gaming benchmarks?:D

Hopefully Maxwell can make 4K realistic gameplay not benchmarking perfection and the next generation of AMD architecture

Would  be nice but i doubt it. we will be sli/crossfireX'ing for awhile to come yet to get 60fps on AAA games @ 4k

Would  be nice but i doubt it. we will be sli/crossfireX'ing for awhile to come yet to get 60fps on AAA games @ 4k

Of course I don't expect a GPU manufacturer like Nvidia  or AMD to come out with a fully fledge 4K single GPU card @60FPS till maybe 2016 or 2018 or after.

But since they're limited to shrinking the DIE's to a certain size/point other materials like graphine which my friend told me about in school this might actually be the dawn of gpu's playing best at 4K res 60FPS.

Although SLI and Crossfire X will always have there backs till then.

Of course I don't expect a GPU manufacturer like Nvidia  or AMD to come out with a fully fledge 4K single GPU card @60FPS till maybe 2016 or 2018 or after.

But since they're limited to shrinking the DIE's to a certain size/point other materials like graphine which my friend told me about in school this might actually be the dawn of gpu's playing best at 4K res 60FPS.

Although SLI and Crossfire X will always have there backs till then.

Transistors you mean? Die size has been getting anything but smaller.

Yeah that thing about Moors law coming to an end as we are running out of space on our chips for more transistors. Yeah graphite is the way forward imo. between that and pure carbon

Transistors you mean? Die size has been getting anything but smaller.

Point being is that they'll hit a wall before they get small and heat production will rocket like Haswell

It seems that 4K is possible on a single card. We just had everything MAXED out. If you turned down a thing or two, its very possible to play on 4k. Just not on Crysis haha.

It seems that 4K is possible on a single card. We just had everything MAXED out. If you turned down a thing or two, its very possible to play on 4k. Just not on Crysis haha.

What about some data on 4k vRAM usage?

Woah, so its better than the titan? well then I can no longer actually recomend that aging beast to anyone...

now I have to change this meme 

post-20595-0-37007600-1383838386.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Woah, so its better than the titan? well then I can no longer actually recomend that aging beast to anyone...

now I have to change this meme 

attachicon.gif2479771.jpg

I didn't get a chance to compare it in computing tasks yet, the Titan may be better for video editing, etc.

I didn't get a chance to compare it in computing tasks yet, the Titan may be better for video editing, etc.

well thats a given, Its got better cuda it may as well be a quadro now 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point