Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti pictured, performance confirmed

Youbetternot

GTX 780 Ti Performance Confirmed!

In just two days you can get this beast card

Gigabyte-GTX-780-Ti.jpg
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 TI (GV-N78TD5-3GD-B)

Gigabyte’s GTX 780 Ti is based on reference design. I was actually hoping that Gigabyte would release overclocked model, as they used to, but unfortunately for that we will have to wait a bit more.

This card is clocked at 876 / 928 / 7000 MHz, which are stock clocks for this model. Card is equipped with 3GB GDDR5 memory and 384-bit bus. The GeForce GTX 780 Ti has 2880 CUDA cores, which basically means we are looking at so-called GTX TITAN ULTRA.

Gigabyte also released some official performance figures. In 3Dmark 11 the GTX 780 Ti is actually slower than GTX 780 GHz edition (0,13% difference) and R9 290X (0,82% difference). Of course these numbers are in the margin of error, but I thought it would be interesting to it mention. In Extreme profile results are similar, but R9 290X stays behind all GeForce GTX cards (but beating vanila GTX 780).

In 3DMark Fire Strike, the difference becomes more visible. The GTX 780 Ti is 2,4% faster than R9 290X and 18,9% faster than R9 290. All previous GeForce models are slower than GTX 780 Ti.

Gigabyte-GTX-780-Ti-3Dmark11.jpgGigabyte-GTX-780-Ti-3DMark-Fire-Strike.j

source: http://videocardz.com/47655/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-780-ti-pictured-performance-confirmed

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Better than a Titan and cheaper too.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Beastly!

Nonetheless with the R290/780 priced as they are right now, i see of no reason to get this card unless you're one like of the original Titan buyers - nothing better to spend your $$ on and for the e-peen title!

Beastly!

Nonetheless with the R290/780 priced as they are right now, i see of no reason to get this card unless you're one like of the original Titan buyers - nothing better to spend your $$ on and for the e-peen title!

But... but.... it's fast!

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

The fact that all the high-end cards in the $400-$700 range are pretty much within single-digit percentages of each other is freaking stupid.

Honestly R9-290X and 780-Ti should top it off at $500, with R9-290 and 780 right behind in the $400-$450 range.

Can we go back to the Fermi days when GPU pricing made sense?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I literally can't wait for a Palit Super Jetstream version of this. That settles it. I'm buying a 780Ti instead of 2x 780s. Might expand to dual SLi next year.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I literally can't wait for a Palit Super Jetstream version of this. That settles it. I'm buying a 780Ti instead of 2x 780s. Might expand to dual SLi next year.

Erm, 2x 780s would eat a single 780Ti alive. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Yeah, it literally doesn't make sense to get a 780ti over 2x 780. And I don't think budget is the limiting factor since anyone who is getting either dual 780's or a single 780ti surely doesn't have money problems.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I agree, the pricing is ridiculous. :/

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

Yep, but I don't immediately need the extra performance, and this way I can expand to 2x 780Ti next year, like I said. The only game that I need the performance for is Star Citizen, and keeping more options open is a good thing in that regard. One 780Ti doesn't set me back as much as 2x 780s, and if the 8XX series blows away this gen I may sell the 780Ti to make way for 2x 8XX whatevers.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yep, but I don't immediately need the extra performance, and this way I can expand to 2x 780Ti next year, like I said.

At which point it will be redundant when the 870/880 comes out. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

At which point it will be redundant when the 870/880 comes out. 

1. Read the updated text

2. That depends, I'm expecting a 10%-20% performance increase next gen from similar tier cards. If I already have a 780Ti with a very good aftermarket cooler (Palit Super Jetstream, which is pretty much nearly the best) I can pick up another 780Ti for cheaper, while also having the option of buying into 8XX if the performance is too good to pass up.

Yep, but I don't immediately need the extra performance, and this way I can expand to 2x 780Ti next year, like I said. The only game that I need the performance for is Star Citizen, and keeping more options open is a good thing in that regard. One 780Ti doesn't set me back as much as 2x 780s, and if the 8XX series blows away this gen I may sell the 780Ti to make way for 2x 8XX whatevers.

If Star Citizen is going to be your main game grab yourself two non-ref 290x's when they come out as SC will be mantle enabled... also wanting one 780ti vs two 780's is just stupid.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If Star Citizen is going to be your main game grab yourself two non-ref 290x's when they come out as SC will be mantle enabled

Nope, as a Machinima maker, FPS while playing doesn't even remotely compare in importance to FPS while recording, so Shadowplay has a massive leg up on Radeon right now. AMD will have to respond with an embedded decoder and a similar program if they are to regain my custom. Also, G-sync seems exciting since they will be looking to get it on Oculus Rift.

Nope, as a Machinima maker, FPS while playing doesn't even remotely compare in importance to FPS while recording, so Shadowplay has a massive leg up on Radeon right now. AMD will have to respond with an embedded decoder and a similar program if they are to regain my custom. Also, G-sync seems exciting since they will be looking to get it on Oculus Rift.

MSI afterburner has a H.264 pre-recorder much like shadowplay that can use either your GPU (Which AMD has blindingly fast H.264 or the CPU at a push), As for G-Sync, that will destroy your recordings due to variable frame rates making it horrible for anyone who doesn't have a G-sync monitor. 

For a start you best be going out and buying a G-Sync monitor, there is also no way in hell Oculus will sell-out to Nvidia. (even if they did why are you playing FPS games on a rift ???)

secondly, MSI currently have a Shadowplay copy in beta... like 3 weeks after it was announced by Nvidia? Shadowplay is nothing major and i am sure your two 780ti/780/gigantic waste of money-sli...            system can use any software to record while playing and not effect the "importance to FPS while recording"

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

What I want to see is some over locked performance. Knowing how fast my 780 is @ 1.2ghz I bet a 780 Ti at the same speed will be killer.

@ $699 the price ain't too shabby for what you may get.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

MSI afterburner has a H.264 pre-recorder much like shadowplay that can use either your GPU (Which AMD has blindingly fast H.264 or the CPU at a push), As for G-Sync, that will destroy your recordings due to variable frame rates making it horrible for anyone who doesn't have a G-sync monitor. 

For a start you best be going out and buying a G-Sync monitor, there is also no way in hell Oculus will sell-out to Nvidia. (even if they did why are you playing FPS games on a rift ???)

secondly, MSI currently have a Shadowplay copy in beta... like 3 weeks after it was announced by Nvidia? Shadowplay is nothing major and i am sure your two 780ti/780/gigantic waste of money-sli...            system can use any software to record while playing and not effect the "importance to FPS while recording"

No matter, Shadowplay is out now, I have no guarantee that anything by AMD will be half as good, besides, the new gen of AMD cards are a joke. Even aftermarket coolers will be loud and there is little headroom left for overclocking, don't try to convince me to go AMD because really, the 290x and 290 both look like panicked jokes and perform worse than their overclocked Nvidia counterparts.

The only way I can be convinced to maybe get AMD now is if they announce a new dual gpu card with access to aftermarket air coolers before christmas.

If Star Citizen is going to be your main game grab yourself two non-ref 290x's when they come out as SC will be mantle enabled... also wanting one 780ti vs two 780's is just stupid.

Star Citizen is being made to leverage both Nvidia and AMD custom technologies, check out Nvidias Canada press conference to see what I mean.

Not necessarily, the 780Ti's might perform much better. AMD is not the ONLY one working with Star Citizen.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

God I hate high end cards it's just like oh yeah we got 5% more performance so we will charge 200+ dollars more for it! Idk mid range- entry level is always a more interesting debate with the price to performance. And besides the 150-400 dollar range is where most people put their money on a GPU and where most people really care. People defend 290x or 780ti tooth and nail but will never buy one or even consider it. Idk I never felt that these companies fighting over who has the fastest card really matters. Only good thing that ever comes out of it for people are rpice drops but that only helps to make the mid range again even more of a interesting price point. Rambling over xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I just want to say that if I was one of those people who have titans, I would sell them in a heartbeat and just buy 780ti's.

I mean seriously, gaming wise it's just better and when nvidia optimize it with drivers, the titan would just be a stupid card for a gaming rig

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui