Tobben's 4P Build Log, 48 core folder. (mini-Malossi)

• 1 month later...

That's amazing  :lol:

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

That's amazing  :lol:

hehe, it's pretty cool, but currently out of commission due to lacking internet connection, in hindsight i might just barely have been able to do some boincing -_-, the bigadv project is ending in January if i recall correctly so these systems wont be such a big thing anymore, that's partially why whaler told you to go the gpu route.

• 2 months later...

..you are basicly helping scientists figuring out things by lending them your computational resources, all that by simply running a program on your computer.

man, i wish all those physical findings and inventions were never ever abused by politicians, secret terrorizing service and military.. only then improving knowledge makes sense.

..you are basicly helping scientists figuring out things by lending them your computational resources, all that by simply running a program on your computer.

man, i wish all those physical findings and inventions were never ever abused by politicians, secret terrorizing service and military.. only then improving knowledge makes sense.

for the most part people take advantage of what they can, that's just people being people, however 

i don't blame the scientists or knowledge itself for that fact. i want us to discover things for the sake of discovering it. I don't care about what people decide to do with it afterwards.

Try playing a cpu intensive game and tell us the frames please!!!

Uh yeah an Intel i7 or i5 would probably do better because of the core optimization in games.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Hold on just one moment. You're concerned about the looks of mixed ram coolers, while they're mounted to a green PCB?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Uh yeah an Intel i7 or i5 would probably do better because of the core optimization in games.

the good old: but can it run crysis? 

answer: well probably not, it would run like arse even if it worked, either way it wouldn't be impressive. 

Hold on just one moment. You're concerned about the looks of mixed ram coolers, while they're mounted to a green PCB? 

haha :P, not as much of a concern as a preference. The heatsinks and ram are so tightly packed you don't really notice the pcb in that general area. but that aside, both ram sticks looks awesome individually, together.. not so much. Think it's abit of a shame to ruin two very stylish ram sticks by putting them together. In hindsight i probably prefer the kingston over the xms ram though, i was running in very high gear while i was writing the build log, have had to do alot of editing since then.

i have moved to a different location and added a bunch of storage, but it's pretty much the same, i might post some pictures, probably won't be all that interesting though.

That looks awesome.

it does indeed, it's quite pleasing having the entire shelf being filled with glorious hardware, just sitting there right above my monitors, knowing it's doing something useful. (fairly noisy though..) 

this is so awesommm

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

post-955-0-13330100-1414771513.jpg

i don't have the nerves to keep the back fan there anymore, even if the heatsink is somewhat warm.

I kept pulling the board off to the side and breaking off the needless with the mobo. 

Getting a panic attack each time wondering if i had bricked the board :P

post-955-0-35056200-1414771524.jpg

pictures are still fugly, but i think they are wee bit better now that i actually learned half a thing about my camera for astrophotography. 

post-955-0-57398900-1414771539.jpg

the drives currently aren't plugged in, but i'l sort that out by the next power outage... which might very well be tonight :P.

I have a monthly 100Gb data cap anyway.. it's impossible to do anything without exceeding that limit.

So i don't really get much use out of all that storage right now... can get dsl on the side, just leave it there downloading 24/7.

post-955-0-81231200-1414771531.jpg

Computer corner, now i just need a 3 monitor setup with the same dimensions, hehe.

the process of making that fabulous harddrive cage went little bit something like this. 

post-955-0-20326900-1414773040.jpg

mmm....... technology

post-955-0-74289400-1414773041.jpg

it's a shame i could only find such an amazing mouse pad, a waste to cut it it to pieces like that.

post-955-0-99502200-1414773042.jpg

post-955-0-22130300-1414773044.jpg

it's absolutely terrible :P, but i prefer this over most other solutions, believe it or not.

nice, this is cool, and intriguing as well.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Nice setup - love the drive tray - functional and stylish! :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

• 11 months later...

Is there any PCIe slots on the board, if so, try putting a graphics card in

It does indeed have a 16x pci-e slot. It's kinda obscured by the heatsink though, i don't think i can fit a gpu on there.

Even if i did, gpu support in linux leaves much to be desired.. atleast as far as i am aware, not a bad idea though.

Woah! That's a nice rig you got there. I think I'm going to do that for my next build, that's pretty sick.

Though I think I have you beat on heat output. In total, this room has about NINE systems in it running 24/7. The ambient temperature has hit about 32C-40C (I'm not kidding! I put a thermometer on my wall to measure temperature long ago) in the summer. I live in the state of Florida (U.S.), so temperatures have hit 40C here before in the worst parts of the summer. It's just the heat doesn't have anywhere to go after a few hours.

The room I'm in is also accented with LED lighting, which does cause some heat, but not very much from what I can tell.

Congrats, sir. You've made me add this to my project list. Though I'll be sure to not air cool this.

I like how it is a 4 processor, 48 core system and it is mounted in the most getto way possible

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Woah! That's a nice rig you got there. I think I'm going to do that for my next build, that's pretty sick.

Though I think I have you beat on heat output. In total, this room has about NINE systems in it running 24/7. The ambient temperature has hit about 32C-40C (I'm not kidding! 

Wow, that sounds absolutely horrible :P. I think it's more than noisy enough as it is with one open air 

computer.

It is worth mentioning though, that ppd wise this rig has gone from 300-500k to about 160k ppd

because the bigadv project has ended, it was still doing leftover bigadv projects last time i remember

but it follows the traditional point system, no bonus for bigadv. So you are getting about 0 ppd pr watt

and per dollar compared to a gpu nowadays, It is a cool computer though.

I like how it is a 4 processor, 48 core system and it is mounted in the most getto way possible

That's the way it should be  ;)

• 3 months later...

What's the TDP? :3

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

What's the TDP? :3

Lol, i think the TPD on these cpu's is 115 watts. So it would be 460 excluding everything else.

I don't quite remember power consumption, but i think the killawatt meter would read about 

600 watts for the system alone.