How to trick most games into thinking any gamepad is an Xbox 360 controller.

Go to solution Solved by FacuArgentina,

The following video-tutorial NAILED it for me. I´m using a Generic (Dynacom analog stick) UBS controller. XinputTest and Xboxce 3.1.4.1 are the solution here. 

Download Xboxce 3.1.4.1, extract its contents to the folder where "Brothers.exe" and "brothersLauncher.exe" is in your steam folder (usually Binaries/Win32 ) and then run XinputTest to see if it recognizes your USB or whatever controller. 

Then go to control panel, devices manager and go to "HID" Or "human ... sth" find the entry for your gamepad (could be 'USB gaming device' ... ) and right click properties, you go to Details, select Hardware ID, and get your "VID" and "POD" codes.  Those codes need to be entered inside Xboxce.ini (Under "PAD1" you´ll find those variables). Save the file. DONE.

Just follow this guy´s instructions and it´s done : 

[Tutorial]-How To Use a Normal PC Gamepad as an Xbox 360 Controller on PC Games (X360ce)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnjrcFnv6Q

Hi guys,

Introduction:

This is a guide for setting up the program Xbox 360 Controller Emulator to use with Steam games (or any game for that matter) which will basically make the game think it's an Xbox 360 controller when it's not, thus allowing you to use any peripheral to play them. When I say any, I mean just about any. 

Unknown (can be anything you want really)

Gamepad

Wheel

ArcadeStick

FlightStick

DancePad

Guitar

AlternateGuitar

DrumKit

BigButtonPad

I want to point out that it basically makes the input of any of those peripherals the input of an Xbox 360 controller, which you can freely map yourself. Individually, for any game. Pretty awesome. 

Normal Mode

• Alpha Protocol
  • Bionic Commando
  • Bioshock
  • Blur
  • Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood
  • Crysis
  • Crysis Warhead
  • Dead Space
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • F1 2010
  • Fable 3
  • Fallout 3
  • Far Cry 2
  • Ghostbusters
  • Guilty Gear Isuka
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • I Am Alive (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Incredible Hulk
  • James Bond 007 Blood Stone
  • Kane & Lynch 2 : Dog Days
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Last Remnant, The
  • Lost Planet Colonies
  • Lost Planet 2
  • Mafia 2
  • Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Ninja Blade
  • OnLive
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (uses xinput1_1.dll)
  • Prototype
  • Puzzle Quest 2
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Saboteur, The
  • Serious Sam HD - The Second Encounter
  • Silent Hill Homecoming
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Spider-Man - Web of Shadows
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Tomb Raider - Anniversary (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Tomb Raider - Legend (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Tomb Raider - Underworld (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Transformers - War for Cybertron
  • Two Worlds II
  • Velvet Assassin
  • Virtua Tennis 2009
  • X-Blades
  • X-Men Origins - Wolverine
Compatibility Mode
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Dead Space 2
  • Kane and Lynch Dead Men
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Split/Second
Known games that do not work
  • Blazing Angels 2 Secret Missions of WWII
  • Brutal Legend
  • Front Mission Evolved
  • Spider-Man - Shattered Dimensions
  • Marvel - Ultimate Alliance
HookMasks

This is the new system utilised by r574+

Hookmask Not Required

• Awesomenauts
  • Bastion
  • Borderlands 2
  • Blades of Time (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Capsized (If using Type 2 rumble, increase motor duration to 500)
  • Castle Crashers
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition
  • DuckTales Remastered
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Elder Scrolls V, The - Skyrim
  • Fez
  • Godmode (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (If using Type 2 rumble, increase motor duration to 500)
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Hitman: Absolution (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light(uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Limbo
  • Rusty Hearts (uses xinput9_1_0.dll and xinput1_3.dll)
  • Sacred Citadel (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Sine-Mora
  • They Bleed Pixels
  • Tomb Raider(2013) (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • WarFrame (Game has the option to use 32 or 64bit executables, so select the correct version of x360ce accordingly)
Hookmask Required HookLL HookCOM
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Battlefield 3 (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Batman Arkham City (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Blade Kitten
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Bulletstorm
  • Cave, The
  • Darksiders
  • Darksiders 2
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • Dead Island
  • Deadlight
  • DeathSpank
  • DeathSpank - Thongs of Virtue
  • DmC - Devil May Cry
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • FIFA 10
  • FIFA 11
  • FIFA 12
  • FIFA 13
  • FIFA 14
  • FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
  • Grid
  • Grid 2
  • Magicka
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012
  • NBA 2k14
  • Outlast (Game has the option to use 32 or 64bit executables, so select the correct version of x360ce accordingly)
  • Rayman Origins
  • Saints Row 2
  • Saints Row IV
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Shank
  • Shank 2
  • Skullgirls (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sonic Generations
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Super Meat Boy (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (uses xinput9_1_0.dll and xinput1_3.dll)
  • Street Fighter x Tekken
  • Trine (If using Type 2 rumble, increase motor duration to 500)
  • Trine 2 (If using Type 2 rumble, increase motor duration to 500)
  • Vessel
  • Worms Revolution
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown
HookSA
  • Beat Hazard Classic/Ultimate
HookWT
  • Gears of War
Multiple HookMasks
  • Assassin's Creed (HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID + HookName)
  • Baconing, The (HookLL + HookCOM)
  • Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box (HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID + HookName)
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn(HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID)
  • Slam Bolt Scrappers (HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID)
  • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X (HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID)
  • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 (HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist(HookCOM + HookDI + HookVIDPID)
Notes:
  • All games utilise the x86 version of the xinput1_3.dll unless otherwise specified.
  • Most SEGA games do not display XBOX360 Controller buttons.
  • Blade Kitten does not display XBOX360 Controller buttons.
  • Saints Row 2 does not display XBOX360 Controller buttons.
Incompatible:
  • Unity Engine titles. Most of these games only utilise xinput to trigger vibration events while all input detection is performed via RawInput. Unfortunately this poses issues as
    • Controller calibration is ignored via RawInput.
    • Unity Engine needs to profile every gamepad hardware and its driver for RawInput to actually work with them.

Quite a list. As you can imagine, basically making ANY controller peripheral work with any of the above games would be a great plus. Not to mention emulators :D (legal ones of course). Though obviously some are just best with Keyboard/Mouse, others, not so much (I'm looking at you Sports, Racing, and Fighting games).

Downloading the needed files:

All you need is the Library containing the dlls and such, and the configuration program. That's it.

Configuration program

Library (Note: This is the Library most people should get. And the one everyone should try first.)

(64 bit version)

Compatibility Library 

(64 bit version)

Notes regarding 64 bit vs 32 bit and the Compatibility Versions of Libraries:

You only need the 64 bit version of the Library if the game you are playing is 64 bit.

Most are not, not even Batman Arkham City is. I tested it. Check the directory I have in the image below in the "Moving the program files to the game folder:" spoiler. It is Win32. Not 64. 

You should get the 32 bit version (the Library Link) if you are unsure, and only get the Compatibility Library if the normal Library doesn't work with the game you want to use the peripheral with.

The 64 bit versions break things for 32 bit because it doesn't work with the configuration program. You will have to manually edit the .ini file with a text editor (notepad for example) if you want to use it for that. A guide for that may be coming. Not sure. We will see.

End Notes

Setting up the Program:

Once you've downloaded both the Configuration program and the Library, extract them with either WinRar or 7ZIP into the same folder. 

10602563794_2ea6ef84e4_b.jpg10602570466_0f88cd064a_b.jpg

Click Extract (if using WinRar like me).

10602562674_edd1aa30a4_b.jpg

Then you can just delete the .zip files unless you want to keep them as backups.

Once you've done this, run the configuration program and set it up. 

10602572166_60123ea199_b.jpg

This creates the .ini file used to store the settings. You won't have to click Yes again unless you delete that .ini file. Keeping a backup of your .ini file after you are done setting things up and you are sure it works is a good way to fix things if you break something later.

10602572036_9a45a46e42_b.jpg

This is detecting the new Gampad (in this case, my SC-1 Gioteck PS3 controller). Unless you want to use a setup you've already made for it, click Search Automatically. This will scour their website for a device with the same GUID as yours and use whatever default configuration is loaded there for it. Essentially, it's you using the work someone else already did to get your device to work. Pretty great and very easy. Just click "Next >".

10602571756_a2a6f64af5_b.jpg

This is it actually getting the aforementioned configuration. Click Finish. If it doesn't work, you will have to set it up yourself. It isn't hard. Just Right Click each button, and click "Record" then press the button you want that input to be mapped to on your peripheral. Such as pressing Square on a PS3 controller to be mapped to X on the Xbox 360 controller. Or Right Thumbstick to Right Thumbstick and so on.

10602572076_56581d97a8_b.jpg

Just click "OK". Ignore this. It didn't stop the gamepad from working like it should. It will always come up. Not sure how to fix it, or if it even matters.

10602572326_341cf0aedd_b.jpg

And now the program is finally running on it's own. If you move the thumbsticks, or press any buttons, and the gamepad is set up already, the controller should react on this screen. 

Now, after that, you should be able to move on to the spoiler titled "Moving the program files to the game folder:". However, if you aren't using a gamepad and are using some other peripheral, or your game needs a particular Hook Mode (check Compatibility List in the Introduction), read the next spoiler. 

10602800933_2b748e2a7c_b.jpg

This is setting the Hook Mode which basically decide how much data the program converts. Most titles will work fine on Normal, but if you find that the particular game you want to use the gamepad for isn't working, check the compatibility list, or randomly pick a different mode to see if that fixes it. It very well could.

10602800843_9bf2bf6788_b.jpg

This chooses the peripheral type. It is important if you care about the extra features of the device, such as rumble/force feedback, messing with deadzones, among many other things. Very useful for customizing.

10602572906_1bc8abf414_b.jpg

Highlight all the files in the folder you extracted the Configuration Program and Library into, and copy them (Not cut, you will find out why later). I did already delete the .zip files because I don't need them.

10602571566_e663273751_b.jpg

Find the place where the .exe file is that runs the game you want to use the peripheral in lives. For Steam games, it is usually at this directory:

"(Steam Install Location/Game Library)/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/*game*/"

In the above pictures case, it is Batman: Arkham City. If you look, you will see that I am in the /Binaries/Win32/ location as that is where the .exe lives. Then you paste the files there.

Do NOT shortcut/link it to your desktop, start menu, or taskbar. Each program accesses a different .ini file. So each one is unique.

You would do this for every game you want to use the peripheral in. This way each one has a unique setup, if you want one, and it is required because that is how the program works.

Re-open the configuration program, set it up as you wish. Once you are done, or if you don't want to change anything, close the program again. Leave it closed. It doesn't have to be open when you play the game. It is just to configure the .ini file and nothing more. The .dlls will take care of the rest.

Conclusion:

Now, start the game and see if it works. It should, as it did perfectly for Arkham City (for me at least). Some games require different .dlls but if you just check those options in the Configuration Program under Options, and select the xinput X_X.dll's you should be fine.

10602800933_2b748e2a7c_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed and understood this How To. If you have any questions, ask them and I will do my best to answer. 

The shear number of customizations you can do is pretty epic with this software. I am using it to use my gamepad I recently got to play the various games that I like to play with a gamepad with it (Racing, Fighting, and Sports). 

This gamepad, in particular:

sc1.png

I highly recommend it. Wireless, rechargeable battery, great build quality, works with both PC (with this emulator) and PS3, and all for only $35. It is the SC-1 PS3 controller from Gioteck.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You did end up getting a controller in the end , nice guide btw - I personally use MotionJoy (DS3 Tool) and I recommend NOT using it under any circumstances xD , I simply do because I'm used to it.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You did end up getting a controller in the end , nice guide btw - I personally use MotionJoy (DS3 Tool) and I recommend NOT using it under any circumstances xD , I simply do because I'm used to it.

Agreed. It is such a pain to get the drivers working and the Bluetooth connected. 

This thing is awesome in comparison and I think it can replace MotionJoy (potentially). I'd have to tinker with it. 

And thanks. I am buying 1 more of this controller and 2 more of the VX-1's (PS3 layout, but less cool features and doesn't look as nice, but is $10 cheaper) to play emulator games like NFL/NBA Street and stuff with my nephews. Plus, having a controller like this means they can use it for the Virtual Machine gaming rig while I use my Keyboard+Mouse for my games. Pretty sweet indeed. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Your wireless controller, does it have to be on before you launch a game for it to work?
Like my x360 controller, it has to be on before I launch a game, it's annoying because I forget all the time.

Do you know a way to fix this issue?

How about using Xpadder?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Your wireless controller, does it have to be on before you launch a game for it to work?

Like my x360 controller, it has to be on before I launch a game, it's annoying because I forget all the time.

Do you know a way to fix this issue?

I will test this when I get home. I mean, if you are using an actual Xbox 360 controller, it is probably wired. If it is wired, just turn it on and leave it on while you are on the computer. Like, all the time. That's what I would do. 

I'll look into it though.

How about using Xpadder?

This one auto-configures if your peripheral is recognized using settings from a database that the users of this program have setup. So... I like this more. A lot more. 

Plus, there is a VERY big difference between having a gamepad emulate a keyboard and having a gamepad emulate a gamepad that the game was designed/developed to work for.

There are no diagonals with a keyboard. You have to have A and W pressed at the same time to go up-right, or you don't. So technically, you have 2 inputs and not 1. Not only that, but a keyboard has absolutely no sensitivity to speak of. It's binary. You either are or you aren't pressing a key. 

Having the gamepad emulate the Xbox 360 controller lets you have both sensitivity and it turns a diagonal into a single input. Sensitivity is far more important, but having diagonal as a single input is useful at times to, but less so. 

I have used XPadder and MotionJoy extensively. This program is like the birth-child of both with FAR better features.  

Your gamepad emulating the Xbox 360 controller also increases it's compatibility rate. I mean, yeah, everything on PC is compatible with keyboard, but at the same time, that brings up the prior problems I mention: A complete lack of sensitivity, and you need to press 2 inputs to produce a diagonal input.

† Christian Member †

im sure this program is good and all but i use ds3 tool so i can use my ps3 controller and emulate and xbox 360 one

This program is mainly for 3rd party gamepads and basically to let you use any peripheral you want to play games with. 

Guitar (such as Guitar Hero's controller), DancePad, Steering Wheel, wtv.

† Christian Member †

I will test this when I get home. I mean, if you are using an actual Xbox 360 controller, it is probably wired. If it is wired, just turn it on and leave it on while you are on the computer. Like, all the time. That's what I would do. 

I'll look into it though.

This one auto-configures if your peripheral is recognized using settings from a database that the users of this program have setup. So... I like this more. A lot more. 

Plus, there is a VERY big difference between having a gamepad emulate a keyboard and having a gamepad emulate a gamepad that the game was designed/developed to work for.

There are no diagonals with a keyboard. You have to have A and W pressed at the same time to go up-right, or you don't. So technically, you have 2 inputs and not 1. Not only that, but a keyboard has absolutely no sensitivity to speak of. It's binary. You either are or you aren't pressing a key. 

Having the gamepad emulate the Xbox 360 controller lets you have both sensitivity and it turns a diagonal into a single input. Sensitivity is far more important, but having diagonal as a single input is useful at times to, but less so. 

I have used XPadder and MotionJoy extensively. This program is like the birth-child of both with FAR better features.  

Your gamepad emulating the Xbox 360 controller also increases it's compatibility rate. I mean, yeah, everything on PC is compatible with keyboard, but at the same time, that brings up the prior problems I mention: A complete lack of sensitivity, and you need to press 2 inputs to produce a diagonal input.

I use a Wireless X360 Controller :( Can't have it always on

-snip-

Good job, I myself used this till I got my xbox a while back.

you can Add Naruto to the list of compatible games, just change the Hook mode to All, used it for friends of mine.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Good job, I myself used this till I got my xbox a while back.

you can Add Naruto to the list of compatible games, just change the Hook mode to All, used it for friends of mine.

Thanks. 

Yeah, I figured it would work. Hook Mode all makes most games work.

† Christian Member †

Sorry if I'm being ignorant here, but I have an old game from 2001 (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, real good) that for some reason doesn't work with the 360 pad, while the other games in the series does. Could I do something to fix that? This? Becuse I don't wanna use anything other than a 360 or PS3 controller. Not one of those old shits specifically made for PC. Sorry if this was a stupid question, but I don't have time to read all the text, becuse there's a thing I gotta go do now.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Im using the Motioninjoy DS3tool and it's a pain in the ass to set it up, but when its working it's pretty good without too much issues.

Im using the Motioninjoy DS3tool and it's a pain in the ass to set it up, but when its working it's pretty good without too much issues.

Download Better DS3!!! It's excellent! Seriously, check it out.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

• 5 months later...

I've followed the instructions but the xbox controller in the application remains faint,i can edit the settings but it doesn't work. I'm using generic controller

I've followed the instructions but the xbox controller in the application remains faint,i can edit the settings but it doesn't work. I'm using generic controller

Hmm, have you put the correct files in the game directory?

Specifically the entire program needs to be in the game's directory for it to work IIRC (it's been a whiiiile).

† Christian Member †

I did but it keeps on saying"Configuration file version does not match x360ce version.Some options may not work until configuration file will be updated"

• 3 weeks later...

Try using BetterDS3Tool, it is a well, better ds3 tool

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Any tips on mapping the D-Pad?  I am using an SNES USB gamepad and by default it wants to map the SNES D-Pad to the Xbox Left Stick, but the game I want to play (8-Bit Boy) uses the D-Pad for movement.  TocaEdit won't record the D-Pad movements, and selecting the axis has gotten me no where.  Any thoughts? 

Edit:  Okay, under the advanced tab you can enable the "Axis to D-Pad" option and that gave me control to the D-Pad, only problem now is that the left and right buttons are switched.  Anyway to invert them? 

There is kinda problem, when I press dpad or rb or lb it goes twice in the game. What to do?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have a strange problem.

Let me start from the beginning -  i have 2 Logitech;s f710, and i was playing on them perfectly, when i had Windows 32-bit. I played with my friend in lego marvel superheroes, arkham city and etc. Then i changed my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and this is where my problem began. 

First of all i used this guide to install my F710 - check it out- http://blog.plee.me/...input-driver/ 

After all manipulations my gamepad was running perfectly, but then i tried to play with my friend in Mortal Kombat one on one, or tag ladder and i found out that this game is recognizing my two gamepads AS ONE. Both of us could play one hero. When i tried to do one on one - i pressed any button on one pad and when i am trying to choose a second player - the game telling me that controller "device already in use, please select another device"!!

The same problem in Lego marvel heroes - we cannot play together anymore.

How can i solve this problem? Will appreciate any help!

PS Also tried to install emulator, but it did not fix my problem, maybe i did something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

I'm having some trouble getting a simple USB PS3 / PC Gamepad working properly in my favorite and only game I play at the moment: Tera Rising (Europe version from Gameforge). You can check the game page here:

http://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/index . Just for FYI, this game is a MMORPG with native gamepad support and it plays very well with either keyboard + mouse or gamepad, if we get used to the skills layout in the gamepad.

The game uses Unreal Engine 3, I don't know if that matters.

So I have this gamepad:

4275_7195.jpg

And before I tried this one too:

gamepad-1life-gp-player-pcps3.jpg

Both of them have the 4 main buttons reversed. All the axis and other buttons work fine, but the Triangle skill is activated when I press Square, the Cross is used when I press Circle. I know of more people with the same problem with A-B and X-Y keys instead of PS3 symbols type gamepads.

I used x360ce to workaround this and reverse the keys in the options, have tried several dll's, but nothing seems to work. Nothing really, the buttons are still switched and I can't find a way to flip them outside the game.

I appreciatte any help..

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

The following video-tutorial NAILED it for me. I´m using a Generic (Dynacom analog stick) UBS controller. XinputTest and Xboxce 3.1.4.1 are the solution here. 

Download Xboxce 3.1.4.1, extract its contents to the folder where "Brothers.exe" and "brothersLauncher.exe" is in your steam folder (usually Binaries/Win32 ) and then run XinputTest to see if it recognizes your USB or whatever controller. 

Then go to control panel, devices manager and go to "HID" Or "human ... sth" find the entry for your gamepad (could be 'USB gaming device' ... ) and right click properties, you go to Details, select Hardware ID, and get your "VID" and "POD" codes.  Those codes need to be entered inside Xboxce.ini (Under "PAD1" you´ll find those variables). Save the file. DONE.

Just follow this guy´s instructions and it´s done : 

[Tutorial]-How To Use a Normal PC Gamepad as an Xbox 360 Controller on PC Games (X360ce)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnjrcFnv6Q