250x faster than 'superfast' broadband: UK researchers in 'Li-Fi' connectivity breakthrough

Source

Internet connectivity through light fidelity (Li-Fi) has reached a new milestone, according to UK researchers.

A team of researchers from the universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Strathclyde working on the Ultra-Parallel Visible Light Communications Project claim to have reached record data transmission speeds of 10.5 Gbit/s via Li-Fi.

Spoiler

I want this. I want it now.

Only problem is, it's not something that's going to be implemented any time in the near future because a) it's new technology and b) infrastructure doesn't get changed very often and it's only just getting to the fibre point, it's too expensive for companies to keep upgrading their network every few years.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

America will get this tech at a reasonable price whenever my grandchildren have great grandchildren.

America will get this tech at a reasonable price whenever my grandchildren have great grandchildren.

Samsung are releasing 5g in 2020 so don't be surprised if you get 10Mb by 2030.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When they have global Li Fi that can be used any where by anyone and everyone has 10gbs download/upload, then I'll be happy. Till then, Meh.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------