Phantom: Antique Noctua

Thats not the build I was taking about with the black fan grills that Anthrax 7.0 build log in my sig. Those pics are of the build that has the same ram your using. I just noticed with the side panel on that you cant see a single noctua fan even though every fan in there is noctua. I even got him a 40mm fan for the armor kit for christmas so he can truly say every fan in there is noctua. :P

I assume that they are through hole LEDs and that the actual leds are on the other side then?

Ow haha, my bad. Fair enough. And wait, does that 40mm fan fit on there? I have the Z77 sabertooth and I measured the mini fan. It was.. 36mm or so. So I figured that the 40mm fan won't fit? I guess you can screw it in with only 1 screw.. But that's not very clean? ^^ 

And correct. The LEDs are on the other side. But this is the point where you have to desolder and solder them on the PCB. So I just showed this side. Will make a picture of the LEDs in a little bit and upload it as well for you.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Ow haha, my bad. Fair enough. And wait, does that 40mm fan fit on there? I have the Z77 sabertooth and I measured the mini fan. It was.. 36mm or so. So I figured that the 40mm fan won't fit? I guess you can screw it in with only 1 screw.. But that's not very clean? ^^ 

And correct. The LEDs are on the other side. But this is the point where you have to desolder and solder them on the PCB. So I just showed this side. Will make a picture of the LEDs in a little bit and upload it as well for you.

the armor for the gryphon comes with 2 brackets one for a 35mm and one for a 40mm. They supply the 35 since its already used on other TUF series MB's. Yours may only take a 35mm because I know my Sabertooth X79 only takes a 35mm also which is so stupid since its non standard.

Ok I didnt know because that one original pic shows a bunch of open SMD pads in the middle. this reminds me that I tried to mod a fan hub for my Chibi PC build and easily got the LEDs desolded but but the LEDs I was putting in were considerably lower voltage so I needed to replace the resistors with higher ohm ones but no matter what I did I couldnt get them desoldered. In the end I just cut them out and too out the pin that would have been going to the LEDs because no LEDs was far better than having bright as blue one ruining my red lighting.

Oké small little update. Saw this headset.. 1 day after I got my PC363D.. So yeah. Had to get it.
I only tested them on my laptop. Will give another update soon when I upload. But they sound fucking amazing. 

PS. If you live in Belgium or Netherlands and you want them. You can get them really darn cheap from Bobshop.be. Free shipping aswell (to BE at least). I did not got them there lol, I saw this after I google'd them a few days after I payed. 

RwdXX6t.jpg?1

ENppBNL.jpg?1

NOqY6Or.jpg?1

UPTjVGu.jpg?1

Wil upload a few of my LEDs pictures later tonight! Sorry that I did not upload them earlier as I said. Completely screwed up the album I made and then I forgot to make the album again. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Oké small little update. Saw this headset.. 1 day after I got my PC363D.. So yeah. Had to get it.

I only tested them on my laptop. Will give another update soon when I upload. But they sound fucking amazing. 

PS. If you live in Belgium or Netherlands and you want them. You can get them really darn cheap from Bobshop.be. Free shipping aswell (to BE at least). I did not got them there lol, I saw this after I google'd them a few days after I payed. 

RwdXX6t.jpg?1

ENppBNL.jpg?1

NOqY6Or.jpg?1

UPTjVGu.jpg?1

Wil upload a few of my LEDs pictures later tonight! Sorry that I did not upload them earlier as I said. Completely screwed up the album I made and then I forgot to make the album again.

yea ive seen those before as well I still like the noctua colors better but theyll match your build quite nicely.

So, here is my current LED progress. As I said before I had a donut! I have the 2 different parts here. The fan controller and the power/HDD LEDs. 

aLW79J0.jpg?1

I actually marked the wrong spots. It are these ones that I have to desolder. I will likely not do the one on the left(middle one). I will see how it goes with the others. 

b3rbtb7.jpg?1

Here are the leds that are currently in it. 

2iHRggo.jpg?1

So yes, I will hopefully get my stuff that I ordered tomorrow or saturday. But I am afraid I will get it monday. So have to wait a little longer till I work on this. 

No PCB! The leds are just soldered there and then go to the motherboard. So this is much easier to replace. The white is easyly removeable with a small knife. 

mO7on7D.jpg?1

WGZNC1C.jpg?1

And this is how I planned it out, I placed the other cable under that to keep it away! I then had to use some MacGyver tactics to be able to lift up the wire.. I would love to have a 3rd hand here but well. It worked out! 

qIYSaoU.jpg?1

The end result. Hard to get a good picture, it's slightly brighter but still very matte. I love it and it's not yellow lol. It's orange's but I do not mind it. 

OoC84x4.jpg?1

yea ive seen those before as well I still like the noctua colors better but theyll match your build quite nicely.

I actually like the combination, I honestly do like the headphone it's beige color a lot and wished they used the Noctua brown. But well, I like the combination. <3

Looks like it's coming along nicely, can't wait to see it finished!

I like it a lot! Debating going for the same sleeving :)

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

I picked up some decently matching paracord on ebay recently. :D

I can't wait to see the sleeving myself. The deadline is set on 17feb. I saw the 24pin cable allready. It looks amazing. 

I aswell just recieved an email that my special stuff that I ordered for the soldering part is ready to be shipped. So hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the sleeving myself. The deadline is set on 17feb. I saw the 24pin cable allready. It looks amazing. 

I aswell just recieved an email that my special stuff that I ordered for the soldering part is ready to be shipped. So hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

Can't wait to see how yours looks, will help with mine! Ordering the same exact sleeving from MCPC. What kind of pattern are you going with to mix the colors on the 24 pin? Heatshrinkless or no?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

I saw the 24pin cable allready. It looks amazing.

Aawww, thanks! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Can't wait to see how yours looks, will help with mine! Ordering the same exact sleeving from MCPC. What kind of pattern are you going with to mix the colors on the 24 pin? Heatshrinkless or no?

My patern is this:

P4iNh0t.png?2

Check PM. You can have a sneak peak. 

Looks amazing, man. Patiently waiting for the finished product.

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

My patern is this:

P4iNh0t.png?2

Check PM. You can have a sneak peak. 

Was the color scheme of Noctua chosen on purpose for this? :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Looks amazing, man. Patiently waiting for the finished product.

Yes have to be patient.. I can not wait myself either till I get paint to work with. 

But I will have to do a few more things. Soldering the LEDs, painting, cutting the door.. & Cable management. 

Was the color scheme of Noctua chosen on purpose for this? :D

No Noctua chose me.. 

No Noctua chose me.. 

How is that possible? I thought Noctua chose me? 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

No Noctua chose me..

How is that possible? I thought Noctua chose me?

You might both have been lied to... I wonder how many other chosen ones are

out there. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

You might both have been lied to... I wonder how many other chosen ones are

out there. :D

Would you please stop to ruin my happy little world?! :D 

Hey, I don't care how many chosen ones are out there, Noctua 4 President! :D

Would you please stop to ruin my happy little world?! :D

Well, I am an evil overlord after all, this is kind of what I do. :D

What an interesting build (so interesting that I actually became a member to reply), when this is done your case will truly be one of a kind. As for the Noctua theme I really applaud you for going with it although I could never do it myself I really do love the brand. I just ordered myself a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 as well as yet another Noctua NF-A14 PWM fan to mount next to my existing one in a push/pull configuration on my NZXT Kraken x40 radiator (cooling my CPU). I will also be swapping out the original fans and mount all of my four Noctua NF-S12A FLX to make myself the ultimate silent case with well above average airflow. Mabe I'll even swap out my cables for something along the lines of what you are doing since they look way to cool (although it would be a shame to hide them inside a closed case like mine).

Keep up the good work, I'm very interested in seeing more updates on this case of yours  :)

Well, I am an evil overlord after all, this is kind of what I do. :D

No, you're from Switzerland, you're supposed to stay neutral about everything :(:D

What an interesting build (so interesting that I actually became a member to reply), when this is done your case will truly be one of a kind. As for the Noctua theme I really applaud you for going with it although I could never do it myself I really do love the brand. I just ordered myself a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 as well as yet another Noctua NF-A14 PWM fan to mount next to my existing one in a push/pull configuration on my NZXT Kraken x40 radiator (cooling my CPU). I will also be swapping out the original fans and mount all of my four Noctua NF-S12A FLX to make myself the ultimate silent case with well above average airflow. Mabe I'll even swap out my cables for something along the lines of what you are doing since they look way to cool (although it would be a shame to hide them inside a closed case like mine).

Keep up the good work, I'm very interested in seeing more updates on this case of yours  :)

Wow, what an honor! Welcome to the forum.

The finished cables are hopefully here in about 3 weeks. I will go lace them tho, so that will take me a little bit of time. I am a little perfectionist.. at least in that regard. 

But for now, I just recieved my package wich means I can go work on my fan controller LEDs. Hopefully able to update later day with those pictures. 

No, you're from Switzerland, you're supposed to stay neutral about everything :(:D

While I acknowledge that the policy has served my country rather well in

the past, these days our politicians often use it more as an excuse for

being cowards and not getting involved TBH; it's a bit shameful actually

IMHO.

Also, an evil overlord does not necessarily do what he's supposed to do,

does he? ;)

Also, an evil overlord does not necessarily do what he's supposed to do,

does he? ;)

No, that would be evil! (: 

While I acknowledge that the policy has served my country rather well in

the past, these days our politicians often use it more as an excuse for

being cowards and not getting involved TBH; it's a bit shameful actually

IMHO.

Although I can understand your POV on this situation, I think it's good that your country tries to stay out of most of it. It's not like Germany's doesn't do the same, but sometimes I'd wish that we didn't have a dark past and had the balls to stand and say "Hey, you know what? Fuck you, Guys." 

But I just hope that our politicians finally recognise that their people are completely fed up with our situation in the EU and in general their administration. I don't know, if you have any idea, how things are and were here in Germany, but personally I notice a VERY strong tendency towards the right wing politics. Not talking about the Nazis and such, but a strong tendency against immigration, especially with the recent stuff that has happened.

You guys are lucky, that you have the alps, because we're getting "all" of it.

But enough about that really. How the hell did we end up from Noctua to a political discussion? haha :D