Why Alienware is not overpriced

Snorlax

Depends on what you want, really.

For some reason, AW sells the only "gaming laptops" with stronger frame materials than ABS/PC. They might not feel appreciably more rigid than a Sager or ASUS ROG laptop, but from what I have seen of the inside, they should be much likelier to survive drops. 

There's also Dell's NBD parts and technician dispatch warranty. Customer service is indeed palatable on occasion.

BIOS overclocking and switching between the discrete and integrated GPUs. Those features should be much commoner on laptops, particularly on "gaming laptops." As things stand, only AWs have both features. (You could argue that ASUS's implementation of GPU switching on the ROG laptops is almost as good--it doesn't exist. No Optimus problems, but battery life takes a hit.)

Bought one a while ago for cheaper than a Sager with the same hardware cost.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but Apple is the best of two evils. At least they don't have their head in their arse like some PC manufacturers do.

At the moment, the only PC vendor I like is Sony; reasonably prices and good quality. Not to mention they have a factory in The UK.

Well they quit the PC side of thing so I guess you can't say they make bad computer anymore LMFAO.

I don't call an all-in one than you can't even change the memory a PC.

I'm wondering why they don't give any specific information. Like the graphics card is just a "GTX xxx" and no info on the brand. If i buy a computer i want to know all the specifics.

I am looking for some good stuff to say, when I'm discussing with people on other forums. People constantly say Alienware is really overpriced, and that they would recommend some shitty brand, just because it's cheaper. I AM TALKING LAPTOP HERE. JUST LAPTOPS!

Stuff I have so far is:

1) Very good cooling compared to others. Better cooling = Better performance, aye?

2) They don't use cheap plastic, and what they build actually holds.

3) They make liquid cooled lappys, which I find pretty cool

So basically I just need more of that. I know that a $500 (maybe even close to $1000) difference is a lot, but Alienware isn't just overpriced and you don't just buy the brand.

Discuss? lol

There are far better laptops than alienware.  Out of all honesty I would get a macbook more than that. At least macs have stuff different than PCs

pic or it didnt happen

post-8827-0-04479400-1383139355.jpg

:lol:

YEAH FULL SURROUND AND SHIT!!! :lol:

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.9GHz |--| Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 |--| 16GB Crucial BalisitX Elite @ 1600MHz |--| Sapphire + Gigabyte HD 7990 in Quad CrossfireX @ 1,100MHz |--| Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD |--|  2x Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB HDDs in Raid0 |--| CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum |--| Corsair Obsidian 750D

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." - Stephen Hawking