Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118
1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

In a perfect world it would use all 6, right?  :D

My best scores with my 980 Tis happened when I disabled 4 of the cores on my 5960x and cranked the remaining to 5 GHz.  @Masada02 has called my 5960x everything but a 5960x since.  That's why I needed to move on to the 6950x.   

in a perfect world it wouldn't use any - just like Furmark of Firestrike - pure graphics workload

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

in a perfect world it wouldn't use any - just like Furmark of Firestrike - pure graphics workload

Ya, that's why I'm wanting to do this average FPS scoreboard. It will take a lot of the CPU out of the equation, but still lets people that like to OC their CPU gain a slight advantage.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

In a perfect world it would use all 6, right?  :D

My best scores with my 980 Tis happened when I disabled 4 of the cores on my 5960x and cranked the remaining to 5 GHz.  @Masada02 has called my 5960x everything but a 5960x since.  That's why I needed to move on to the 6950x.   

Glad I could help :D 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Drop your two worse cores and overclock the piss out of 2 or 4 of them.  It works. 

I've had many debate that you gain nothing from disabling cores, but 9 out of 10 of those people are just talking out of their ass and don't even know how to get into BIOS.

12 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Drop your two worse cores and overclock the piss out of 2 or 4 of them.  It works. 

I've had many debate that you gain nothing from disabling cores, but 9 out of 10 of those people are just talking out of their ass and don't even know how to get into BIOS.

I wholeheartedly agree with you

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

Here is my Valley score with my GTX 1080, i did not do any overclocking though.

Will you be doing benchmark with OC also?

Seems like stock GTX 1080 can compare to GTX 980 TI oced to around 1500MHz on core.

Was expecting better results for it :o 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

4 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

Nice work bud, now overclock it, 

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Seems like stock GTX 1080 can compare to GTX 980 TI oced to around 1500MHz on core.

I would like to but i have no experience with overclocking :/

EDIT: the one time i tried overclocking was with my R9 fury and it didnt like it at all...

Edited by VredinLad

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

A lot of 1080 users are having a driver type issue with Valley right now.  I wouldn't put much faith in the lower 1080 scores at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

1 minute ago, VredinLad said:

I would like to but i have no experience with overclocking :/

So I'm guessing you haven't overclocked your CPU either, then? If so that's a nice score considering the bottleneck that'll be present in some scenes

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

1 minute ago, TheElt said:

So I'm guessing you haven't overclocked your CPU either, then? If so that's a nice score considering the bottleneck that'll be present in some scenes

My CPU runs at 4.10Ghz with the powermanagement set to high, does that count as overclocking?

My CPU runs at 4.10Ghz with the powermanagement set to high, does that count as overclocking?

Umm... no.

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

A lot of 1080 users are having a driver type issue with Valley right now.  I wouldn't put much faith in the lower 1080 scores at the moment. 

Aaaah that can be a problem yeah.

I guess that's why you are not trying to break record in valley for now xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Someone link the guy to a quick GPU overclock guide!!  I'm buried in my BIOS at the moment.

is there a guide on how to overclock? i would like to, but i am one of those "scared to break it" guys

Nope, that'll just be Turbo Boost. So considering the loss due to CPU bottlenecking there could be an extra maybe 5-10fps at stock speeds. Hopefully a lot of GPU OC headroom too looking at GPU-Z's predicted boost speed (Even though it's most likely wrong)

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

is there a guide on how to overclock? i would like to, but i am one of those "scared to break it" guys

You aren't going to break anything.  Well, possibly some records, but we'll have to see how crazy you get.  :D

2 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

well you can use MSI afterburner app, increase voltage and clock speed

Shouldn't be that hard xD

If you are asking about CPU overclock ... well you need to go in your BIOS and change multipliers on cores + increase voltage there.

WD My Cloud 4TB

6 minutes ago, VredinLad said:

ill have a look at it :)

You better hurry up before I clobber this thread with some 1080 SLI overclocks.  :D

17 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You better hurry up before I clobber this thread with some 1080 SLI overclocks.  :D

do that yaaas <3 

WD My Cloud 4TB

i have updated to OP

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

well you can use MSI afterburner app, increase voltage and clock speed

Shouldn't be that hard xD

If you are asking about CPU overclock ... well you need to go in your BIOS and change multipliers on cores + increase voltage there.

i have made an attempt at overclocking and this is the result, i have increased the coreclock by 200Mhz. The score has gone up by 128 points.

LTT test.png