The Cooler Master Glacier 240L: The H220 Successor! *UPDATED*

Cooler Master, with partnership and help from minds like Swiftech, has released an AIO which is fully customizable, just like the H220. This new cooler is specifically made for the US as the Asetek v. Swiftech ordeal with pantents. This AIO is fully capable of supporting  more water cooling components  as it is not fully sealed.

Cooler_Master_Glacer240L_02.jpg Cooler_Master_Glacer240L_01.jpg 4.jpg?16966383573.jpg?593686391

@Ghost , your thoughts?

Source: techpowerup.com

SPECS:
Cooler_Master_Glacer240L_specs.jpg

Official Product Page given by @IsaaX : http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10101&product_name=Glacer%20240L

Info Given by @Phelan

i Guys, my name is Ross, known as Phelan on all the boards. I run the H220/320 and Cooler Master Glacer 240L owners' club on OCN. I've been in communication with both Swiftech and Cooler Master in regards to this unit, and can elaborate on some details about this unit. Yes, it is mainly a gap-filler to allow US enthusiasts that couldn't pick up an H220 another opportunity to get one,but it is also a very beneficial partnership for both Swiftech and Cooler Master, since both will now have money in the pot by facilitating an option that users did not previously have.

Anyway, the main things to know about this unit is that it is fundamentally the same thing as the H220. It has the same pump with the revision 2 impeller, but turned up to 3500 rpm for more flow. Gabe originally designed this motor to run at 4500 rpm, and in their testing, outperformed the MCP35X at that speed. He turned down the speed in the H220 tuning it for less noise. So the extra rpm headroom i the CM unit is not a reliabilitu issue. Since the pump at 3500 rpm will consume a bit more power than at 3000 (8-10w vs 6), the Glacer pump block has a SATA connector for power and a PWM fan header for PWM modulation, whereas the H220 pump block only had a PWM fan header. Because of this change, the Glacer 240L does not include the Swiftech 8-way PWM splitter. Also, the included Cooler Master fans are much more robust than the Helix fans, with almost double the Static pressure (~4mm H20 vs 2.2) and 56% more cfm (86 vs 55). They are bit noisier, but CM is expecting users to turn these fans down during quiet operation. So all in all, this unit should actually outperform the H220 by a little bit. Larger heat dumps will see a larger performance difference as usual. 

Back to pump performance, even the 3000 rpm H220 is strong enough to pump through 3 blocks and 3 rads, as has been seen at CES. The Glacer 240L will have yet better flow than that, so will be able to handle similar loops.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know.   

From Swiftech's Website:

Rouchon Industries Inc. dba Swiftech® announces cooperation with Cooler Master

LONG BEACH, CA--(Marketwire - October 24, 2013) - Rouchon Industries, Inc. dba Swiftech® (OTC Pink Current: RCHN)  is proud to announce that it was retained by PC Industry giant Cooler Master  for the production of the new Glacer 240L CPU liquid cooling system. 

In a separate press release, Cooler Master announced: “Glacer 240L was proudly designed in the United States and produced as a partnership with some of the best minds behind liquid cooling: Swiftech. This liquid cooling expertise brought together over a decade of experience and added to the deep well of knowledge contained within Cooler Master’s engineering team. The result is an exclusive product with specifications designed for high performance cooling. Glacer 240L sets itself apart from a market saturated by static AIO liquid cooling solutions by being fully capable of supporting additional liquid cooled components while maintaining superior DIY expandability.”

Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech’s Chairman & CTA declared: “The opportunity to work with Cooler Master is a game changer for us; we are very fortunate to have been associated with the biggest players in the industry over the years, but I expect this new partnership to lead us into an explosive growth mode unprecedented in Swiftech’s history.”

Available now! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103196  

Thanks to @IsaaX we have further information of the cooler itself

post-30059-0-12074300-1383454125_thumb.j

According to him and what the picture shows, the pump is a "debadged" Swiftech pump found on H220/H320. This shows that we still are able to get the reliable and funcionality of the classic 

DIY AIO everyone loved!

Our own forum user @IsaaX has now made a build with the cooler in this thread!

Posted Today, 05:21 PM

Hi everyone. Just posting a quick follow up here of my post installation of the CM Glacer 240L (aka Swiftech H220) with an additional Swiftech 240mm MCR220-QP  radiator and the Swiftech KOMODO-NV-GTX780 GPU block for the GTX 780. I'm hoping more people share their results on this thread!

For more information on the CM Glacer 240L, please go to this thread in the news section that @Bluejay0 started which this follow up was intended for. This post is not intended to be a review, just my initialquick and basic temperature results since I'm strapped for time. I may make some slight changes in the near future when time allows. Screen shots below show temps for the stock single rad set up out of the box, then the dual rad set up with GPU block.

So let's get to it.

My Hardware

Case: Corsair Air 540

CPU: Haswell i7 4770K @4.3ghz (de-lidded)

Mobo: Asus Z87-Deluxe

RAM: 32gb G-Skill Rip Jaws @2133

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Reference

Audio: Sound Blaster Zx

PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS860XP2 860watt

Storage: (1)500GB Samsung 840 SSD, (1)256GB Samsung 840 SSD, (x2) WD 2TB Green drives for general storage.

Fans: (4) Noctua NF-F12's on rads, (1) 140mm Cougar CF-D14HB

**I did not use the fans that came with the 240L kit.

Cooling Loop Set Up: Top Radiator -> Cpu block/pump -> GPU Block -> Front Radiator -> Top Radiator ----Pump is running @1800rpm

Fan Configuration (controlled by AI Suite III): Top Radiator (Pull/Exhaust), Front Radiator (Pull/Intake), Rear 140mm Case Fan (Intake w/140mm filter)

1GL4R5Al.jpg

Temperature results, all at 72F/22C ambient. (case sits under my desk)

Idle temps. Stock Glacer 240L, single radiator, CPU only w/Noctua NF-12's, pump @1600rpm, 72F/22C Ambient.

Average CPU core temps 24C

SXkmaVCl.jpg

Load temps. Stock Glacer 240L, single radiator, CPU only w/Noctua NF-12's, pump @1600rpm, 72F/22C Ambient.

Average CPU core temps 52.5C

7FfDUwal.jpg

Idle temps, dual 240mm radiators w/GPU block. Pump @1800rpm, 72F/22C Ambient.

Average CPU Core temps 23C, GPU temp 24C (not pictured)

FLYP9Dgl.jpg

Load (100% CPU only) temps, dual 240mm radiators w/GPU block. Pump @1800rpm, 72F/22C Ambient.

Average CPU core temps 53C.

E6Wqltvl.jpg

Load 100% CPU/GPU load temps (running Unigine Heaven Ultra + AIDA64) , dual 240mm radiators w/GPU block. Pump @1800rpm, 72F/22C Ambient.

Average CPU core temps 58C, GPU temp 39C @1202mhz/Mem 7ghz effective.

g2wTi7Ml.jpg

As you can see the temperatures are VERY well preforming. Thanks for the share @IsaaX !

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No love for Canada. Again...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This new cooler is specifically made for the US as the Antec v. Swiftech ordeal with pantents. 

it wasn't antec, but I can't remember the name of the company. Might want to fix the spelling of patents.  ;)

It's pretty sneaky of swiftech to do this, but it doesn't have the nice fans of the swiftech unit.

No love for Canada. Again...

Just ship it there...

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

it wasn't antec, but I can't remember the name of the company. Might want to fix the spelling of patents.  ;)

It's pretty sneaky of swiftech to do this, but it doesn't have the nice fans of the swiftech unit.

Edited. I remember it was Asetek.

Why just USA only? Make these things available in the EU god damn it

Cause you got the Swiftech H220 which is banned in the US. It's the equivalent of each other. The reason this is being sold in the US is cause we don't have access to the H220.

Cause you got the Swiftech H220 which is banned in the US. It's the equivalent of each other. The reason this is being sold in the US is cause we don't have access to the H220.

No we didn't. Swiftech doesn't sell in the EU

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

I wonder why they decided to not go with G1/4 threads. Seems a step back from the Eisberg series.

I dobut this will perform any better than a H220 so it's just going to be yet another AIO, however, this could be amazing if it does turn out to perform well. There is also the question of price and how much their pump can handle and if it has any issues that are only discovered several months down the line.

At least we now know that the H220 will proably never be sold in the US.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I wonder why they decided to not go with G1/4 threads. Seems a step back from the Eisberg series.

I dobut this will perform any better than a H220 so it's just going to be yet another AIO, however, this could be amazing if it does turn out to perform well. There is also the question of price and how much their pump can handle and if it has any issues that are only discovered several months down the line.

At least we now know that the H220 will proably never be sold in the US.

True. I do wish to see the tests on this new AIO and if it does preform the same or even better, how's the acoustics? Is it loud, silent, in between? I really have a few questions for it but about the threads, what are the concerns about it? Looking at the current specs, do you think it would be decent?

One thing for sure, I'm changing those fans!

True. I do wish to see the tests on this new AIO and if it does preform the same or even better, how's the acoustics? Is it loud, silent, in between? I really have a few questions for it but about the threads, what are the concerns about it? Looking at the current specs, do you think it would be decent?

Threads mean you can install your own fittings if you ever want to re-use any of the other components. It also means you can change your tube sizing and easily buy new tubing.

Looking at the current specs it will perform like an average 240mm AIO.

EDIT: I just saw the MTBF of that pump and if it's true they have just topped Laing. It should have a 3-5 year warranty to back up that claim of 5.7 years of non-stop usage. This going to be good.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Threads mean you can install your own fittings if you ever want to re-use any of the other components. It also means you can change your tube sizing and easily buy new tubing.

Looking at the current specs it will perfrom like an average 240mm AIO.

Will these threads allow any customization at all?

I just want to buy that H320 from swiftech, but thanks to that patent war I can't T_T

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I would definitely replace the fans ASAP. Then again I never really got the point of the H220.

Copper radiator means it'll be very close to Swiftech's original design. So I am assuming it's better than the H100.

Copper radiator means it'll be very close to Swiftech's original design. So I am assuming it's better than the H100.

It's copper/brass.

Will these threads allow any customization at all?

Yes, however it woun't let you choose tubing size or use your own fittings, meaning you have to use thier barbs.

Looking at the current specs it will perform like an average 240mm AIO.

EDIT: I just saw the MTBF of that pump and if it's true they have just topped Laing. It should have a 3-5 year warranty to back up that claim of 5.7 years of non-stop usage. This going to be good.

What does MTBF mean and I thought laing was the best of the best?

I'd still rather the h220 I trust swiftech over coolermaster especially with there pumps and I can get the h220 in Aus :)

is there any reason you would want to expand on a aio isnt the point of all in one convinience and if you want more u get full custom ?? how can you add more to this in terms of cooling  blocks with only a 2x120 cooler :S

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

I just want to buy that H320 from swiftech, but thanks to that patent war I can't T_T

It doesn't affect sales in Finland

What does MTBF mean and I thought laing was the best of the best?

MeanTimeBeforeFaliure

How long it will work before it dies.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)