Earcups for Pioneer SE A-1000

Prof7

Hello,

I recently picked up the Pioneers. So far I really like the audio quality.

But I do have a problem with the earcups. They are not deep enough. My ears are constantly toutching the plastic from the headphones.

I do get annoyed by that a fair bit, so my question was if there are any replacements for the earcups.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Prof7

Note that I'm not responsible for eye damage due to poor grammar and spelling. 

You could probably try rolling up tissue under the pad trying to deepen it as much as you can/feel like.

I've been wondering about replacements myself. When I get home I'll try putting my ATH-AD500X's pads on my Pioneer's and seeing if that works.

The Audiotechnica pads fit perfectly (it's funny how many aspects of these two headphoens are near-identical), but they didn't solve the problem because they are exactly the same except for material. I even ripped off the foam over the driver of the SE-A1000. Unfortunately, the driver is raised compared to the rest of the housing. Your best bet would be to get some kind of hard-ish foam to glue to the edges of the housing (similar effect to @EmoRarity's mod) and then put the earpads over that.

My ears touch the inside too, but I never found it such a big deal because the clamping force is so low. Good feedback so I can warn future buyers.

I have found the solution to my problem. Instead of rolling up tissue under the earcup I did this:

post-8596-0-97198400-1382358318_thumb.jp

I found an old pair of headphones and I put the old earcushens under the new ones. It's ugly, but it works :P

I have found the solution to my problem. Instead of rolling up tissue under the earcup I did this:

attachicon.gifFoto0094.jpg

I found an old pair of headphones and I put the old earcushens under the new ones. It's ugly, but it works :P

Solid, glad something worked. 

Solid, glad something worked. 

It looks ugly, but it works. I really enjoy these headphones right now. They are a lot more comfortable.

Thanks for the suggestions :).