Transparent taskbar in windows 8(.1)

Giddyguy

Do  any of you guys know if there is a option to turn off the transparency of the taskbar on windows 8.1? It seems kind of weird that there is no aero but the taskbar is still transparent. I want it to be opaque like the rest of my window borders.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

well i was hoping for some windows settings change or tweak rather than downloading a program and having it run in the background. do you know anything of that kind?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

well i was hoping for some windows settings change or tweak rather than downloading a program and having it run in the background. do you know anything of that kind?

No sorry this was the only solution i could came up with.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

StartIsBack doesn't run in the background, and has a lot of other nice features.. And the glorious start menu  :wub:  

hello

StartIsBack doesn't run in the background, and has a lot of other nice features.. And the glorious start menu   :wub:  

but i like the start menu...sorry but thanks for the suggestion!!

@GoodBytes do you know anything? Sorry to call you out but you seem to be very knowledgeable about windows.

Delltopia

Am I supposed to get some sort of notification on those "@username", 'cause if I didn't browse this thread, I would not know anything about. ???

To answer your question, no there is no way to do it in Windows 8. Not even registry hack. Now it's too soon to know if a registry settings exists for 8.1, but I doubt it.

Here is a tool that does it: http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.199, without being a some shitty half baked Start Screen replacement.

Am I supposed to get some sort of notification on those "@username", 'cause if I didn't browse this thread, I would not know anything about. ???

Found the option :)

To answer your question, no there is no way to do it in Windows 8. Not even registry hack. Now it's too soon to know if a registry settings exists for 8.1, but I doubt it.

Here is a tool that does it: http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.199, without being a some shitty half baked Start Screen replacement.

yea I had found this program but didn't really want to have an extra thing running in the background. I guess the taskbar isn't too bad.

Delltopia

Its transparent because of all the poppy out ui elements that are also transparent.

Its transparent because of all the poppy out ui elements that are also transparent.

which ones? i don't recall any.

Delltopia

which ones? i don't recall any.

Charms and stuff even the start screen feels that way not that you can make your desktop background the start screen background. Theyre technically transparent the taskbar is opaque. But yea nothing else is opaque so its kinda different. I dont really mind it since I use auto hide and realize how weird it would have been if it was transparent. I wouldnt mind widows being opaque like that as long as they do implement it like they did aero which was a pain in the arse since it use DirectX/Direc3D.

I had the exact same problem with 8.1 when I updated earlier today. Found this link which helped. http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

EDIT: On the topic of 8.1 taskbars, does anyone know how I can pin things to the taskbar on my secondary monitor? It'll only let me pin things to the primary taskbar by default. Also, how can I throw the clock onto my secondary taskbar?

EDIT: On the topic of 8.1 taskbars, does anyone know how I can pin things to the taskbar on my secondary monitor? It'll only let me pin things to the primary taskbar by default. Also, how can I throw the clock onto my secondary taskbar?

You can have the icons on the main monitor extend to the secondary monitor, but as far as I know you can't have different icons per monitor. To extend the icon to your secondary monitor, right click the taskbar, click properties, check "Show taskbar on all displays" & select "All taskbars" from the drop down menu. I don't think you can move the clock...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I had the exact same problem with 8.1 when I updated earlier today. Found this link which helped. http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

thanks this is what I was looking for! Although I don't know If I want to use it because I did something and my taskbar isn't completely transparent anymore. Anyhow thanks! I love it when you can change things like this.

Delltopia

I had the exact same problem with 8.1 when I updated earlier today. Found this link which helped. http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

Thanks for that article its actually kinda cool and I may even use it.