Can't Verify Email Address for Twitch.tv

EChondo

I've been switching over to my own privately hosted email for the past couples months(more secure and private). Everything worked fine and all, except for Twitch. I can't verify my email because my email is, I'm assuming, a "non-standard domain" email.

Jason M:

uNbea7 - You have a non-standard domain. Unfortunately, your email address likely will not be able to be verified.

I never tried to fix this issue as having a verified email before wasn't really necessary, but now that Twitch is giving the option to broadcasters to require your email to be verified to even comment on the chat. So all the giveaways Slick was doing on his stream, I couldn't be apart of(I had most of the games anyway, so it isn't a major concern, but in the future I'd like to have the chance).

Can anyone give some insight with this situation? And no, I'm not going to make a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. for one service.

10 minute mail?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

And no, I'm not going to make a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. for one service.

Cmon, don't be lazy.

10 minute mail?

I doubt one of those would be able to be verified due to the potential for spam and abuse. After all, that is one of the reasons they have email verification.

Who knows though.

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

Cmon, don't be lazy.

Don't be lazy? So hosting, maintaining and creating my own private email that I want to use is being lazy?

No, maybe Twitch should allow anyone to use any kind of email.

put in a support ticket with twitch maybe?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I doubt one of those would be able to be verified due to the potential for spam and abuse. After all, that is one of the reasons they have email verification.

Who knows though.

True. I forgot that if it doesn't work on his domain, of course it wont work on the ones 10min mail gives.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

put in a support ticket with twitch maybe?

I did, back in July.

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/1375456-can-t-verify-email-don-t-receive-the-email-confirmation

I never replied back because I didn't really need my email verified(now I do of course). It appears they do have an email system, so I'll try that.

I did, back in July.

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/1375456-can-t-verify-email-don-t-receive-the-email-confirmation

I never replied back because I didn't really need my email verified(now I do of course). It appears they do have an email system, so I'll try that.

:/ guess your sol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

:/ guess your sol

It's very funny, they don't have a public email listed and you have to go to their Support Center page and then look for the "Send Us an Email" button, which is small and not advertised openly.

Maybe I can finally get this sorted out.

Anyone else have any suggestions to try? I've Tweeted their support, but I won't get a reply until tomorrow morning.

just make a quick gmail or something as a throwaway or whatevs and forward it to your email

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

• 4 years later...

Guys, you should check Proofy io service if you have any problems with your email verification. I believe that it will help with all your problems. I'm using this serviec for my small business in email marketing and I'm absolutely sure that Proofy io is on of the best services on the market.