• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 EChondo

EChondo

Veteran

• 4,307 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, U.S.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I've been switching over to my own privately hosted email for the past couples months(more secure and private). Everything worked fine and all, except for Twitch. I can't verify my email because my email is, I'm assuming, a "non-standard domain" email.

Jason M:

uNbea7 - You have a non-standard domain. Unfortunately, your email address likely will not be able to be verified.

I never tried to fix this issue as having a verified email before wasn't really necessary, but now that Twitch is giving the option to broadcasters to require your email to be verified to even comment on the chat. So all the giveaways Slick was doing on his stream, I couldn't be apart of(I had most of the games anyway, so it isn't a major concern, but in the future I'd like to have the chance).

Can anyone give some insight with this situation? And no, I'm not going to make a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. for one service.

Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad! Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad!

#2 T.Vengeance

T.Vengeance

The Oncoming Storm

• 2,349 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

10 minute mail?

When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level

-Brian Greene

The Most Astounding Fact

#3 Bonsai99

Bonsai99

U Wot M8?

• 1,801 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

And no, I'm not going to make a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. for one service.

Cmon, don't be lazy.

Desktop: i5-4670K | ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz 9-11-11-31 1.6V | CM Hyper 212 Evo | 2x ASUS Direct CUII R9 280x | Antec High Current Gamer M 750W | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair 200R | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Dell SK-8115 | Logitech Wireless Laser Mouse

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5560G-SB448 | A8-3500M OC 2.0 Ghz (0.975V) | Radeon 6650M OC 750/1050 1.0V+6620G Crossfire | 6GB Nanya 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 | 750GB WD7500BPVT | Windows 7 HP x64 | Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 | Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000

#4 FatalWaffles

FatalWaffles

• 158 posts
  • LocationNorthern New York

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

10 minute mail?

I doubt one of those would be able to be verified due to the potential for spam and abuse. After all, that is one of the reasons they have email verification.

Who knows though.

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte 6850 1GB | MSI Z77A-G43 | 8GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 8 Pro

#5 EChondo

EChondo

Veteran

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Cmon, don't be lazy.

Don't be lazy? So hosting, maintaining and creating my own private email that I want to use is being lazy?

No, maybe Twitch should allow anyone to use any kind of email.

#6 Snickerzz

Snickerzz

The Forum's Horse

• 5,651 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

put in a support ticket with twitch maybe?

Dog may be mans best friend but horse is mans best lover.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: OCZ ZS750w Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-D3H CPU: 4690K @3.5ghz Cooler: CM hyper212 Evo Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 1600mhz GPU: EVGA GTX660 Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link N900

#7 T.Vengeance

T.Vengeance

The Oncoming Storm

• 2,349 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I doubt one of those would be able to be verified due to the potential for spam and abuse. After all, that is one of the reasons they have email verification.

Who knows though.

True. I forgot that if it doesn't work on his domain, of course it wont work on the ones 10min mail gives.

When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level

-Brian Greene

The Most Astounding Fact

#8 EChondo

EChondo

Veteran

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

put in a support ticket with twitch maybe?

I did, back in July.

http://help.twitch.t...il-confirmation

I never replied back because I didn't really need my email verified(now I do of course). It appears they do have an email system, so I'll try that.

#9 Snickerzz

Snickerzz

The Forum's Horse

• 5,651 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I did, back in July.

http://help.twitch.t...il-confirmation

I never replied back because I didn't really need my email verified(now I do of course). It appears they do have an email system, so I'll try that.

:/ guess your sol

Dog may be mans best friend but horse is mans best lover.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: OCZ ZS750w Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-D3H CPU: 4690K @3.5ghz Cooler: CM hyper212 Evo Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB 1600mhz GPU: EVGA GTX660 Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link N900

#10 EChondo

EChondo

Veteran

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

:/ guess your sol

It's very funny, they don't have a public email listed and you have to go to their Support Center page and then look for the "Send Us an Email" button, which is small and not advertised openly.

Maybe I can finally get this sorted out.

Anyone else have any suggestions to try? I've Tweeted their support, but I won't get a reply until tomorrow morning.

#11 ixi_your_face

ixi_your_face

The keeper of Keys. The holder of Games. Also That Guy

• 1,558 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

just make a quick gmail or something as a throwaway or whatevs and forward it to your email

Some words to live by:

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 7TB Storage | GTX 560TI SLI | 120GB 840 pro | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users