ADATA Announces the DashDrive Durable UD320 On-The-Go Flash Drive

Ethnod

Ok see this looks great and seems to be a good implementation of USB OTG if I actually fully understood how it worked. You are supposed to be able to connect a micro USB connector to a USB key, I get that and can see how that works, but its the USB side that I dont get. How does that connect to the main USB with the micro connector? I've been reading this article and others for a while now and I still dont get it, any one?

ADATA has just announced the DashDrive Durable UD320 USB flash drive. This is ADATA’s first implementation of the USB On-The-Go (OTG) specification. USB OTG allows devices such as smartphones and tablets to act as a host, allowing USB flash drives to be connected directly for data transfer.

productImage4164.jpg

Source:

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/adata-announces-the-dashdrive-durable-ud320-on-the-go-flash-drive/

http://www.adata-group.com/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=2&piid=234&lan=en

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/dashdrive_durable_ud320_flash_drive.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+guru3d%2Fnews+(Guru3d+Latest+News+%26+Articles)

USB On-The-Go explained if you dont know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Wait whatttt??

How is the USB port inside the device?? Do you have to like take it out and plug it into the microusb??

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I want one. Seems like a neat idea.

Wait whatttt??

How is the USB port inside the device?? Do you have to like take it out and plug it into the microusb??

You insert the USB dongle into your PC and transfer the data to the micro USB drive wirelessy.

Wait whatttt??

Exactly, this is where I am lost

First I thought that the USB thing was an adaptor and you plugged the Micro USB into it and that allowed you to plug it into the PC but when you look at the pictures on their website its clear that is not the case... I'm confused

I want one. Seems like a neat idea.

You insert the USB dongle into your PC and transfer the data to the micro USB drive wirelessy.

Ehh I have seen that no place tbh, if it does it answers all questions and is great cause that would be cool but no where does it say Wifi
In fact here it states that it is significantly faster than wifi
productImage4153.jpg
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly