What temperature do you let your CPU Get to while folding?

I don't fold a lot but when i do the CPU reaches 85C and both my 680's reach about 60C. It's a custom loop, so it might seem high, but the CPU is clocked to 4.9GHz

Even on a custom loop at that OC, something is wrong if you are getting those temps. Seriously wrong. Esp as most water cooling gear is rated for a max of 50C. 

What are your loop components, rads, fans?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Even on a custom loop at that OC, something is wrong if you are getting those temps. Seriously wrong. Esp as most water cooling gear is rated for a max of 50C. 

What are your loop components, rads, fans?

I think the problem might be the heat transfer from the CPU to the waterblock, or maybe the air flow, the rad is a single 400*200mm with 2 bitfenix 200mm fans on it.

I think the problem might be the heat transfer from the CPU to the waterblock, or maybe the air flow, the rad is a single 400*200mm with 2 bitfenix 200mm fans on it.

That may be some of your issue - 200mm fans are typically made for airflow, and very low CFM. Depending on your fin density this may also be messing things up. You need some fans with really good static pressure.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

On my old Dell GX270 tower with one of the hot 2.8GHz Hyper-Threaded Pentium 4's it gets to about 50-60C at 50% load. I think I might switch back to the 2.4GHz HT P4 or just put the stock Intel cooler on somehow.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Kinda weird actually, dunno whats going on... using HWMonitor for the CPU it says the CPU is 69c when folding on full. While it says that the 8350 is 61c. Dunno which is the real one... my 8350 runs at 4.6ghz.

my sapphire 7970ghz goes to 78c max when folding. My MSI 7970 lightning is usually at least 10c below it. which is normal for xfire. Im happy with the temps, its a nice bit of heating in the winter :P

I have no signature

• 7 months later...

40C. Yes, my room is cold always.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

• 2 weeks later...

60-70 @ 4.0 GHz with 1.18V. My chip isn't a really good overclocker so I won't push it any further. After folding for 39 Hours straight, it only reached 72 C

my FX-6300 @ 4,0 GHz was running ~70°C on a Arctic cooling Freezer 7 pro rev 2 (and yes, the thermal paste was applied correctly)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

My rig tends to run pretty hot unfortunately. Desperately need to buy a decent cooler and some good
fans for my case.

With my 3770k at stock speeds (3.5GHz) using the Intel stock cooler, my current temperatures are:

CPU:
- Core 0: 79°C
- Core 1: 79°C
- Core 2: 79°C
- Core 3: 78°C

780 Classified (1.11GHz):
- 75°C

650 Ti (1.019GHz):
- 60°C

According to CPU-Z my 3770k is also running at a voltage of 0.976.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

3770k 72c with Intel stock cooler, in a phantom.

Comb it with a brick

4770k@4.8 usually stays around 60 at 70 I close her down. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Just an old H100 until I find the perfect air cooler. 4GHz with offset Vcore. Not delidded. 

Noctua makes awesome air coolers

• 2 weeks later...

OC full pelt is 85-90C

Also known as my comfort zone. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just kinda curious. I have a h100i and on quiet I get to the low 70s with a liquid temp of 43. Should I retry a thermal paste install and see if I can get the CPU temps down?  The 80*f ambient doesn't help much either.

You realize on the poll you have <60 which means greater then 60...so assuming that 61 is the lowest?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I need a cooler running Q6600. 100W is too high for a quad core.

Idle: 40ºC.

Gaming: 50ºC

Folding: 75ºC

BOINCing: 115ºC.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't think I've ever seen mine go over 60 (Mining, Folding or Gaming!)

My i5 3570k (4,6ghz, 1,325v) is at low to mid 70's at summer temps (30°C abient) with the Noctua NH-D15 at 12V.

My GPU is at 70^C