The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Your room looks really neat, I wish I would have enough space to have something like this but I don't. Also IKEA isn't in my country so I have to buy from alternative stores.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Ikea products cover my house from desks, book shelves, tv stands, my bed frame and tons of random stuff. Check them out, they have tons of everything for a house and office.

I don't have an ikea near here....but I heard a rumor that there's fried chicken in there??

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

The only problem I have with these are the width and length of the table tops. I want to put a 110"x27"-29" desk in my room, but the longest table is 78" and it's only 23" wide and the 59"x29" is going to cut it VERY close because I only have 119" MAX to play with before the door to my room is involved...

Plus, I hate the legs that would be involved in the middle between the two desks if I do go that route.

Bah...thanks for the showcase, it does look very nice, but sadly this probably won't work for me...

Quick question, how much room is from the legs to the edge of the top? Like, how much of a lip is there?

Meh, all the ikea desks at that price range are cheap MDF-boards... I much prefer complete solid wooden ones over them. Yes, it's more expensive, but imo worth it.

Meh, all the ikea desks at that price range are cheap MDF-boards... I much prefer complete solid wooden ones over them. Yes, it's more expensive, but imo worth it.

These desks are very well made. Very heavy and I've dropped them a few times on the corners without any damage.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The only problem I have with these are the width and length of the table tops. I want to put a 110"x27"-29" desk in my room, but the longest table is 78" and it's only 23" wide and the 59"x29" is going to cut it VERY close because I only have 119" MAX to play with before the door to my room is involved...

Plus, I hate the legs that would be involved in the middle between the two desks if I do go that route.

Bah...thanks for the showcase, it does look very nice, but sadly this probably won't work for me...

Quick question, how much room is from the legs to the edge of the top? Like, how much of a lip is there?

Regarding your comment about the legs between the two desks:

30751_PE119402_S3.jpg

I would take that, turn it to where the shelf could be used as a foot rest for me, and use that to hold up both desks, maybe 2 if necessary. That'd just be what I would do though. It wouldn't look as nice or clean, but it would be functional.

Or possibly two of these, since they are smaller:

80181_PE204449_S3.JPG

Again, turning it so that your feet can rest on the bars.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

When it's built by Ikea, you know it's good :D

That is a sick room setup!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I have a galant, I have found one problem with it, I have to actually tighten the screws for the legs every once in a while because they get loose on their own. Might just be me though.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I went to Ikea to build a desk like this a few months back, but I noticed the "Annefors/Ullrik's" where really low to the ground. Smaller than I expected too.  I ended up just buying a "Galant". I paid more, but Iove this desk.

I got the Linnmon table top and the adjustable legs. I like my desk and it's pretty spacious but I'm starting to regret getting it from Ikea. The material is particleboard and ripped right through when I was trying to attach a keyboard tray to it and it wobbles ridiculously when I try writing on it. If I had the money at the time I would have built me a table or spent the money to get a solid oak desk. I have limited space in my bedroom so I'll probably stick with this table for a while (it has a nice white glossy finish) but in the future I think real wood is the only way to go for furniture that's expected to last for more than a few years.

@ttam Just wondering which table tops do you have,sorry if you said somewhere.

Same one as in the original post. Just the dark brown color of it.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Brilliant topic. Informative, useful and detailed.

And veeery nice setup. I might be going for something similar-ish soon. I'm stuck with an http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39873671/'>Ikea Expedit desk which is really quite small.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Apparently Ikea is now taking over the world. And Ikea is the only affordable place to eat also 0,50 € for a coffee and cinnamon bun, that's a steal. Luckily I'm ok on the desk side solid wood desks from the 70s ftw

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

great info. I never knew ikea have custom desk and their cheap too compared to some desk that are sold in some stores

Well, I have always heard of Ikea, but never seen a product from them. This is awesome.

I will eventually, hopefully, get me a few. :D

I might be a little bit late with this comment, but not having seen a ikea product seems really messed up, especially if you are a swede and most of your furniture is from there.

But good products, good prices and easy to assemble. Pretty great if you ask me.

I might be a little bit late with this comment, but not having seen a ikea product seems really messed up, especially if you are a swede and most of your furniture is from there.

But good products, good prices and easy to assemble. Pretty great if you ask me.

I live in Texas. :P The closest Ikea physical store is in Austin which is over 2 hours away and I have either never been there, or been there once and was probably asleep as we passed through. 

I've never been to their website and I've never known someone who has owned a desk like what is shown on their website. 

I'm weird I guess. lol

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I live in Texas. :P The closest Ikea physical store is in Austin which is over 2 hours away and I have either never been there, or been there once and was probably asleep as we passed through. 

I've never been to their website and I've never known someone who has owned a desk like what is shown on their website. 

I'm weird I guess. lol

Yes it does sound weird, they're popping up everywhere in finland. And almost every house you go to your going to find ikea furniture(you recognize it from "actual" furniture quite easily) But do try the meatballs if they sell them there

I'm weird I guess. lol

you are not weird, your state is weird for not having enough ikeas!

Yes it does sound weird, they're popping up everywhere in finland. And almost every house you go to your going to find ikea furniture(you recognize it from "actual" furniture quite easily) But do try the meatballs if they sell them there

There was a big thing going around a while back where they found Horse meat in Ikea meatballs

There was a big thing going around a while back where they found Horse meat in Ikea meatballs

yep, and other non Ikea meat products too. But the big thing actually was that the horse meat was advertised as something else, if it would've been written in the bag that it had horse it would've been ok. Kinda reminds me of something that happened last Christmas, some British people were upset that lidl sold reindeer meat and they got upset, you know reindeers and Christmas.

Have a white drawer as 2 of my feet and a white top and gay adjustable poles.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I have a galant, I have found one problem with it, I have to actually tighten the screws for the legs every once in a while because they get loose on their own. Might just be me though.

I had that problem too. But i did not have to do it too often. But with my current setup it's no longer a problem^^

Here's a Picture of the galant in it's natural habitat. The chaser MK-1 Chassi (fulltower) could probably give you a good idéa of the size. for those that are curious about the galant.

2013-07-02204440_zpsd9924167.jpg

As you can see @megadarkwood i let it go over the edge of my sofa. No more problems with the leg screws :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"