The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Don't know how long I've been using the LINNMON tops now... but it's bound to be 6-12 months and they're still as solid as ever

best thread on this site, easily :P

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I have the red desk under my monitors ^^ had it for a few years now, not sure it's the exact same model but if it's not it's still almost identical. And no, I didn't choose the colour myself, otherwise I'd have gone for wood or black...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks for the idea, I have recently been looking into getting a new nice desk, and have been unable to find anything that fitted my likings or price range, and this surely seems like a really great value and overall the nice look of it.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Would it be possible to turn one of these into a standing desk? If so, this'd be a way better alternative to getting a pre-built that runs about $500+ retail.聽

Would it be possible to turn one of these into a standing desk? If so, this'd be a way better alternative to getting a pre-built that runs about $500+ retail.聽

With the nice adjustable legs yeah that would be a great alternative.聽

X-10聽- 7980XE聽- Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB聽- SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk Guide -聽Malware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Ikea's "Gerton" adjustable leg goes up to 42" which is good enough for standing desk height if you are six feet tall or under.聽 You may need a monitor stand, but at that height it will be high enough to type on comfortably while standing up.

I looked into this option a while back, but since I wouldn't be able to lower/raise the desk on the fly, I opted for one of those $500+ options that you mentioned. :)

I've been needing a new desk for a while now. 聽This drawn-on drawing table-esque thing is just not cutting it for me.

Thanks OP. 聽Nice room.

This reminds me that I need to get a real desk.

After reading your topic, I actually went out and bought a new desk, however I did it abit different and it costed roughly 150$.

I am still to get my self a new chair or ghetto setup my current one, as we put it 5-6cm higher than my current and that is apperantly too high.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/morter123456/photo_1419864612739_zpsa24960c2.jpg

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Could someone tell me how they connected those tables under their desks instead of legs. Do they have screw holes on the top of them? Or do I have to drill through them?

Thanks in advance.

Some comments have said there are pre drilled holes and the spacing is standardized. I don't have the item but it's just what I've read from the thread.

Could someone tell me how they connected those tables under their desks instead of legs. Do they have screw holes on the top of them? Or do I have to drill through them?

Thanks in advance.

Some comments have said there are pre drilled holes and the spacing is standardized. I don't have the item but it's just what I've read from the thread.

Just bought mine last week, they have pre-drilled holes.

HTID

Thanks in advance.

The white tables are actually legs. They are the same size as the desk and have pre-drilled holes that match up with the table top to actually secure the two together.

X-10聽- 7980XE聽- Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB聽- SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Well damn. This thread just broke the 50,000 view marker. I guess I'll have to go through and update the entire thread some day this week to show the more recent pieces from Ikea

Thanks in advance.

You can buy some mounts, that you place onto your wall instead, I have done that my self, you should be able to buy them in a DIY store.

Anyone got a link to this one (see pic) I can't find it.

FVa8dBo.jpg

HTID

Just about to buy some desks for my new office setup and I have some advice that I have found. The biggest issue is screwing stuff into particle board, its just not strong, what i do is this.

I get some hardwood from a hardware store and screw + glue this to the underneath of the particle board, then mark and screw your legs into that, super, duper strong :)

Ikea is expensive to ship! doesn't matter if it's just a lampt it's $350 to ship it!

I can buy brackets and "real" wood and the prices are about the same depending on if you're buying precut wood or hand cut wood.

I like Aspen as it has a nice color and about $20 per board, if I buy 4 that's a pretty big desk as 1x8x12 is pretty big which is usually at least with my measuring stick comes to be 25" wid and 96" long.

Particle board is okay but real wood is so much cheaper... don't forget the invisible wood glue for lighter wood shades.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress聽