The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Anyone know of a keyboard and/or mouse tray that you can add to it (one that slides in and out and hangs below the desk by a few inches) ? preferably one that matches... (Black or White or Red)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Wish my room didn't have pillars in strange places.

If your creative those pillars could be a design feature lol. You can make any room look nice with the right equipment/furniture.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Your room looks cool dude :D wanna sell it? xDDD jk

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Thank you, I've been looking at a new desk lately and didn't want anything super fancy, just super functional and at a good price.

Thank you, I've been looking at a new desk lately and didn't want anything super fancy, just super functional and at a good price.

You can look into buying a solid wood and just using the IKEA legs if you have any carpentry experience it could save you even more!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You can look into buying a solid wood and just using the IKEA legs if you have any carpentry experience it could save you even more!

I would if I had workspace, but I live in an apartment.

I wish I wasn't in accommodation where they provide me with a desk, just so I could do this D:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I would if I had workspace, but I live in an apartment.

A local hardware store should be able to cut the wood to a requested size. After that all you would need to do is lay the table down flat, drill the five holes for each leg and put in the screws.

Thanks alot!

ef903e989a.png

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Great informative post. I've been looking for a replacement desk option for my triple display setup. Go figure it'd be from Ikea. My chair is from there too.

ImSammy   |   Twitch   |   @ImSammyTTV

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing post, thank you @ttam. I can see A LOT of effort went into this post!

Thanks for the idea , furthermore the tables are even cheaper over here in Singapore! This will be my first desk that my new rig will sit on in the future ..

Alright, built my desk the last 4 day and I'm pretty astonished :)

Did not use any ikea stuff at all, but thanks for the inspiration :)

@ttam

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

• 2 weeks later...

my desk is still better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Thank you for this guide, building a custom desk is the way to go. The desk industry does not get enough negative attention.

That is such a great setup. I wonder if I can buy the pieces locally at IKEA, they just built one here. Decently priced too!

---------- Alex ----------

Computer Science & Mathematics

// CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHzGPU: GTX 770Motherboard: MSI MPOWEROS: Manjaro Linux & Win 7  | Case: Vegeance C70 | XSPC Raystorm 750 //

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, maybe if I feeling like getting rid of the door that is my desk, its really handy this way, 6 ikea legs and even a hole for cable management, but that would be fun :)

I will be getting the TORNLIDEN soon 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Do you want the extra thickness? $10 more for a little thicker

Nope i don't at all  :P

LINNMON was out of stock for weeks but it finally came back in stock today  :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||