Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

There is going to be a minimum of 3 more keyboard build logs.

Minimum of 3! Yes! I like the sound of that =]

Minimum of 3! Yes! I like the sound of that =]

Rebuild of KMAC Original with greens

Brand new full custom LZGH build

Full custom KMAC Happy rebuild

Rebuild of KMAC Original with greens

Brand new full custom LZGH build

Full custom KMAC Happy rebuild

Excited!

All I need to say on this matter.

Excited!

All I need to say on this matter.

You sure that's all? :P

Saving these 33 pages to binge over later

Dont more there will be more when you get back. ;)

Love your build logs especially the keyboard ones. Would love to do what you do with the keyboards but I don't know where to start.

Basically start by asking. ;) I know @Charger and I are willing to help if you do indeed want to learn. There are probably others in the Mechanical Keyboard Club that would be willing to assist as well. Good material on everything keyboard related is available on Geekhack.org and Deskthority.net.

Love your build logs especially the keyboard ones. Would love to do what you do with the keyboards but I don't know where to start.

I agree with @TheProfosist on us being able to help. Between us we have some knowledge of just about everything you may want to do lol

• 2 weeks later...

So my new job is keeping me busy as well as the ever growing list of other things.

I walked into my room to change before I went to sleep and saw my empty case just sitting there. I had a thought, you know I should just sell it. Yes all of the build, not just the case.

Now obviously I'm not going to do that. It however did triggered me to think about a bunch of other stuff including how I did really need it as I'm obviously getting by. Chibi PC, Poison Ivy (Ivy bridge i5 based), and Cobble (Phenom II x4 based) have all accomplished what I mainly do.

During the month I used the Phenom the only thing I needed to do to get by was to upgrade the ram to 16GB, though I never really considered gaming. With Poison Ivy I was even able to use my two 670's. I used it for 8+ months before selling it and the 670's (which had now magically become 770's) off to purchase the 980's for Anthrax. Now here I am using Chibi PC as my daily driver for a number of months now. All the parts for Anthrax are in or back in from RMA. The long build is the only thing that awaits ahead. Dammit, build yourself already!

So my new job is keeping me busy as well as the ever growing list of other things.

I walked into my room to change before I went to sleep and saw my empty case just sitting there. I had a thought, you know I should just sell it. Yes all of the build, not just the case.

Now obviously I'm not going to do that. It however did triggered me to think about a bunch of other stuff including how I did really need it as I'm obviously getting by. Chibi PC, Poison Ivy (Ivy bridge i5 based), and Cobble (Phenom II x4 based) have all accomplished what I mainly do.

During the month I used the Phenom the only thing I needed to do to get by was to upgrade the ram to 16GB, though I never really considered gaming. With Poison Ivy I was even able to use my two 670's. I used it for 8+ months before selling it and the 670's (which had now magically become 770's) off to purchase the 980's for Anthrax. Now here I am using Chibi PC as my daily driver for a number of months now. All the parts for Anthrax are in or back in from RMA. The long build is the only thing that awaits ahead. Dammit, build yourself already!

just put the fucking thing together already

just put the fucking thing together already

Thats exactly what another friend just said. Sadly that is probably not going to happen, job and other thing keep getting in the way.

Thats exactly what another friend just said. Sadly that is probably not going to happen, job and other thing keep getting in the way.

you can have it up and running air cooled in less then an hour

you can have it up and running air cooled in less then an hour

You sure about that? Last time it too me 10+ hours to do all of the cable management. I would like to note however it is sitting working in my Air 540 with only minimal components. For those of you who have not seen the last completed build pictures are below.

Anthrax70SecondCompletion-Front.jpg

Anthrax70SecondCompletion-Back.jpg

You sure about that? Last time it too me 10+ hours to do all of the cable management. I would like to note however it is sitting working in my Air 540 with only minimal components. For those of you who have not seen the last completed build pictures are below.

im sure get to work

Well I like it, the pictures you posted anyway. Sorry for the late reply was away on holiday.

Hope you got some more stuff for us though <3

Well I like it, the pictures you posted anyway. Sorry for the late reply was away on holiday.

Hope you got some more stuff for us though <3

That's from when I finished the build the second time (first time in new case). Five days later I had to rip it all right back apart after issues with the MB and GPU's in SLI.

Aye and now you're on the new part of it?

If I get a pay rise after Christmas I might start saving again for new parts I have 700 series GPU and 4770k and blah blah but yeah, I think I should and then maybe do a build log of some sorts, never done one but might be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress happened today! I mocked up the MB and once GPU to see if the the radiator would fit with a gasket http://goo.gl/32esgq installed on both sides. It fit physically but I found that running screws all the way through the fans wasnt going to work because even the screws head was too much to allow it to fit flush against the HDD cage. I already had to go get more screws to go through the fan on the other side so I guesstimated what length I needed. I ended up being right so everthing ended up going together very smoothly.

Below is a picture of the rad assembly on the fan bracket for the case. The second picture is of the assembly in my case with my motherboard as reference.

Anthrax802ndRadPeek-OnBench.jpg

Anthrax802ndRadPeek-InCase.jpg

Progress happened today! I mocked up the MB and once GPU to see if the the radiator would fit with a gasket http://goo.gl/32esgq installed on both sides. It fit physically but I found that running screws all the way through the fans wasnt going to work because even the screws head was too much to allow it to fit flush against the HDD cage. I already had to go get more screws to go through the fan on the other side so I guesstimated what length I needed. I ended up being right so everthing ended up going together very smoothly.

Below is a picture of the rad assembly on the fan bracket for the case. The second picture is of the assembly in my case with my motherboard as reference.

yep that really makes me want to go mitx lol

yep that really makes me want to go mitx lol

Well then man do I have the build log for you. You should check out Chibi PC which should receive a couple updates relatively soon. ;)http://goo.gl/EKYiIt

Also is it because that MB looks so tiny in that chassis?

Well then man do I have the build log for you. You should check out Chibi PC which should receive a couple updates relatively soon. ;)http://goo.gl/EKYiIt

Also is it because that MB looks so tiny in that chassis?

I have been wanting to go mitx since shortly after making my desktop and your mother board does resemble a mitx in a atx case but more just the over kill in size and excess in parts that will be going in it. I have never had more then 2 hard drives, 1 odd, a video card, and a sound card. Now it has gotten to were I only need 1 hard drive and a video card so even matx seens over kill for my needs

I have been wanting to go mitx since shortly after making my desktop and your mother board does resemble a mitx in a atx case but more just the over kill in size and excess in parts that will be going in it. I have never had more then 2 hard drives, 1 odd, a video card, and a sound card. Now it has gotten to were I only need 1 hard drive and a video card so even matx seens over kill for my needs

I understand that man. I could easily get by with Chibi PC. I would just need to make my blu-ray drives external and get a port multiplier estata HDD dock and I'd be all good. I didn't expect that to happen really though.