Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

im barely started parts are stll showing up and the replacement motherboard doesnt come until tues so im mostly doing all the prep I can currently but I imagine youll get some what of the same benefit you do when you go from say a H80 to H100 though I doubt idle temps will drop much if any. Its load temps im worried about anyway.

I actually had the H220 lined up for this build when it was going to happen in another case but that has since had to change so I got the H320 as its better and is a better fit for the case for the most part.

Golgo 13 = avatar.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Golgo 13 = avatar.

lol someone noticed finally and non even in an anime thread.

lol someone noticed finally and non even in an anime thread.

Try and guess mine.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Try and guess mine.

My one and only guess is Yui from K-On but I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone else.

My one and only guess is Yui from K-On but I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone else.

No it isn't keep guessing. I will give you a clue, it's a really bad anime that I should be ashamed that I have seen.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

No it isn't keep guessing. I will give you a clue, it's a really bad anime that I should be ashamed that I have seen.

Like I said no clue besides that. Sadly there arent that many anime that leave an impression on me lately. Couple that with my "great" memory and there a good probability I have seen it but dont remember. Is it a slice of life and girls in high school anime? Do I get any more hints?

Like I said no clue besides that. Sadly there arent that many anime that leave an impression on me lately. Couple that with my "great" memory and there a good probability I have seen it but dont remember. Is it a slice of life and girls in high school anime? Do I get any more hints?

I'll just tell you.........................Yosuga no Sora. Don't bother watching it because it's terrible.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I'll just tell you.........................Yosuga no Sora. Don't bother watching it because it's terrible.

*Looks at his notebook* It seems that I had started it and got like 4 eps in if I remembered to write everything down. I do remember the main to characters at this point but not much else.

*Looks at his notebook* It seems that I had started it and got like 4 eps in if I remembered to write everything down. I do remember the main to characters at this point but not much else.

If you don't mid watching a really strange anime then watch it but otherwise it's best not to ruin your day with it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

If you don't mid watching a really strange anime then watch it but otherwise it's best not to ruin your day with it.

I have watched things all the way through that you wish you could unwatch at the end. But no I dont plan to pick it up I probably have scads of better stuff to get to first (once my server's raid card is fixed/replaced).

Well im going to try to get some updates up today. I have a slew of pictures just siting on my drive thats ive been meaning to get up. Also im going to change up the format of the thread to only have links mostly in the OP because looking at the number of updates I have ill probably exceed the limit for a single post and if I dont it will be rather messy to say the least.

Thread format update complete! Tell me what you think guys, I think its a definite improvement. Some new updates will be following this up soon.

Update: #009

============

I have finally chosen the direction for the airflow. Here are the NF-F12 PWM's mounted on the back side of the rad of the H320.

IMG_6235.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Looking really good!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Update: #09

===========

I have finally chosen the direction for the airflow. Here are the NF-F12 PWM's mounted on the back side of the rad of the H320.

IMG_6235.jpg

Dem Noctuas. B)

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Update: #010

============

I thought I would detail the cable that was dangling off the pump of the H320 in the previous update. Its what I planing to power the pump directly of the PSU with. I wanted one that still had the tachometer cable on it so I could plug it into the motherboard. That way I could set up the motherboard to monitor if the pump fails. Digging around in my boxes of all the random computer stuff I have kept for years I found what I was looking for. But since the adapter was meant for 3 pin voltage controlled fans and the pump is 4 pin PWN controlled I had to modify the connector.

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6249.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Dem Noctuas. B)

What, three is enough to win you over?

Thread format update complete! Tell me what you think guys, I think its a definite improvement. Some new updates will be following this up soon.

aw approves. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

aw approves. :D

The hardest thing is coming up with names for the updates.

What, three is enough to win you over?

No but people usually reject them because of how they look (I actually like the color scheme). Perhaps if I rephrase-->MOAR NOCTUAS!!!!! :D

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

No but people usually reject them because of how they look (I actually like the color scheme). Perhaps if I rephrase-->MOAR NOCTUAS!!!!! :D

I embrace how noctua's look so I hope your ready for many many more. I proclaim a new color scheme Black and Noctua!

I embrace how noctua's look so I hope your ready for many many more. I proclaim a new color scheme Black and Noctua!

I think you mean Sabertooth and Noctua. B)

The hardest thing is coming up with names for the updates.

Well we wouldn't want things to be easy now, would we? pcwhackback.gif

And you're doing pretty well so far IMO.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Update: #011

============

My refurbished motherboard from ASUS Advanced RMA has arrived! When they say its comes with nothing they mean it. It didnt even come with the little fan that goes in the IO plate armor.

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6269.jpg

I think you mean Sabertooth and Noctua. B)

Ah yes the sabertooth but I still think Noctua colors only works with the black separating them. I dont know if any other color would have the same effect. But I would agree that noucta'a wouldnt look good with a ROG board but I think the EVGA X79 Dark has a good chance.

Well we wouldn't want things to be easy now, would we? pcwhackback.gif

And you're doing pretty well so far IMO.

:D :D :D