Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

Yea i started my G402 review as well and with all the stuff that came up last week I wasnt able to continue. i have a bunch of stuff for it as well which is just text. There will be some BIG changes, possibly even surprises.

:o Surprises, we all like surprises!

:o Surprises, we all like surprises!

They better be good surprises because im sick of getting bad ones.

They better be good surprises because im sick of getting bad ones.

I'm sure they will be good ones :)

Here's a sneak peek for those loyal followers out there http://goo.gl/Y7bwWo ;):D

Now im just waiting for EK to launch their water blocks.

:o Sexy!!!!

I skipped the boner and just exploded instead.

lol you havnt even seen any pics of the cards yet. Also there should be updates coming for Chibi PC http://goo.gl/bkcF4V within the next week as it getting a few upgrades before a friends lan.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm dead tried but before I head to bed.

Last week the replacement case finally showed up. As pulled it completely apart today and all seems good. Also my repaired replacement motherboard showed up today and after initial testing is functioning as it should. @ericlee30 over at Riptide custom sleeving just shipped out 2ft 24pin extension to solve the one cable management issue I had when I built it the first time. My GTX 980 blocks that are on back order should be shipping out early next week, they should be the last thing that I need before I can proceed fully. Oh and @Charger might me making a custom set of taller aluminum feet for the case.

On another note I did manage to find another job finally, so there's that.

I was wondering what the few people that still follow this wanted me to do about updates. Would you like to start to see current ones or me to continue to try and catch up. Either way I plan to post each update I have so that I can tell the full, over year long, story of this build.

Well I'm dead tried but before I head to bed. Last week the replacement case finally showed up. As pulled it completely apart today and all seems good. Also my repaired replacement motherboard showed up today and after initial testing is functioning as it should. @ericlee30 over at Riptide custom sleeving just shipped out 2ft 24pin extension to solve the one cable management issue I had when I built it the first time. My GTX 980 blocks that are on back order should be shipping out early next week, they should be the last thing that I need before I can proceed fully. Oh and @Charger might me making a custom set of taller aluminum feet for the case. On another note I did manage to find another job finally, so there's that. I was wondering what the few people that still follow this wanted me to do about updates. Would you like to start to see current ones or me to continue to try and catch up. Either way I plan to post each update I have so that I can tell the full, over year long, story of this build.

First off congratulations of the new job!

Sounds like everything is slowly clicking into place now, it's annoying waiting on other people sometimes though. 2ft 24pin that's huuuge!

I think you should keep going as you are considering you're going to do it anyway. So I think continue and see how it goes.

First off congratulations of the new job!

Sounds like everything is slowly clicking into place now, it's annoying waiting on other people sometimes though. 2ft 24pin that's huuuge!

I think you should keep going as you are considering you're going to do it anyway. So I think continue and see how it goes.

thanks man!

Yea but it did this before almost 3 months ago right before it all fell apart again. :(

Well I have 8in one currently and I had to route it stupidly because it's a bit too short to make it clearly. I just realized most of you havnt seen pictures from when it was completed the first time. ill try to remember to link to those pics later. Its 8in because @ericlee30 sleeved the freebie that came with the case as we thought it would make it. The new one is 2ft because extensions come in 1, 2, and 3 feet.

What if I said there are ~100 potential updates between the latest one that up and the one I'm taking pics for now?

thanks man!

Yea but it did this before almost 3 months ago right before it all fell apart again. :(

Well I have 8in one currently and I had to route it stupidly because it's a bit too short to make it clearly. I just realized most of you havnt seen pictures from when it was completed the first time. ill try to remember to link to those pics later. Its 8in because @ericlee30 sleeved the freebie that came with the case as we thought it would make it. The new one is 2ft because extensions come in 1, 2, and 3 feet.

What if I said there are ~100 potential updates between the latest one that up and the one I'm taking pics for now?

Wow 3 months :P Life gets in the way of everything good! 1,2,3ft mhmm, That's awesome I didn't know they came in that long.

If you said that I would sit here and wait for each update like an excited little puppy!

Wow 3 months :P Life gets in the way of everything good! 1,2,3ft mhmm, That's awesome I didn't know they came in that long.

If you said that I would sit here and wait for each update like an excited little puppy!

Most of that 3 months was not me again. It was more RMA's, specifically the MB (3x), GPU's and case AGAIN!

Yep and thats just that one brand but they are common lengths.

Ok so another update!

Some how I lost the 4 PCI Slot covers that I ordered and even took unboxing pictures of so I had to reorder them. They ended up showing up by the end of the week along with the sleeved 24pin extension came from Riptide Custom Sleeving.

My GPU blocks were supposed to come today and well I has to work and apparently they needed a signature, so they did not get delivered.

Looking at whats in the build log I think im going to make another sub log of the second build. Itll have the new and replaced parts and all the building because id like to keep it and everyone up to speed with where my build is. Once its done though im going to go back and fill in the rest and fix posts as I have time. I feel this is just something I want to completely document as this has possibly become more than a build log at this point. Also maybe I can go for the title of build log with most RMA's. :P

So, anyone have any good ideas for the name of that thread?

Ok so another update!

Some how I lost the 4 PCI Slot covers that I ordered and even took unboxing pictures of so I had to reorder them. They ended up showing up by the end of the week along with the sleeved 24pin extension came from Riptide Custom Sleeving.

My GPU blocks were supposed to come today and well I has to work and apparently they needed a signature, so they did not get delivered.

Looking at whats in the build log I think im going to make another sub log of the second build. Itll have the new and replaced parts and all the building because id like to keep it and everyone up to speed with where my build is. Once its done though im going to go back and fill in the rest and fix posts as I have time. I feel this is just something I want to completely document as this has possibly become more than a build log at this point. Also maybe I can go for the title of build log with most RMA's. :P

So, anyone have any good ideas for the name of that thread?

This build is still going? Nice! :) Can't wait to see the completed project! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This build is still going? Nice! :) Can't wait to see the completed project! :)

Yes sadly it's still going...

Well ill have pics up from the first time it was completed in the "redux" thread.

Yes sadly it's still going...

Well ill have pics up from the first time it was completed in the "redux" thread.

Well I'm glad it's up, I'll try and think of your RMA thread name but I'm not very good at namings of things, it'll end up as something the RMA thread of the Prof!

Well I'm glad it's up, I'll try and think of your RMA thread name but I'm not very good at namings of things, it'll end up as something the RMA thread of the Prof!

That sir is a horribly bad name, especially since it's a build log. :P

That sir is a horribly bad name, especially since it's a build log. :P

Yeah I did warn you! Return of the build log. I honestly have no ideam but as you know I'll follow all your logs anyway so you could name it Toxic DO NO FOLLOW and I probably still will xD

Yeah I did warn you! Return of the build log. I honestly have no ideam but as you know I'll follow all your logs anyway so you could name it Toxic DO NO FOLLOW and I probably still will xD

I wish I had other followers like you!

I wish I had other followers like you!

Ha, well I like your builds, might sound strange but they keyboard one is one of my favourites.

Ha, well I like your builds, might sound strange but they keyboard one is one of my favourites.

There is going to be a minimum of 3 more keyboard build logs.

that reminds me I still need to post mine lol

Did you finally put that camera to some use?

Did you finally put that camera to some use?

no lol but i did take photos of my keyboard and numpad when making them that i never put up here

no lol but i did take photos of my keyboard and numpad when making them that i never put up here

Now your sounding like me.