whats wrong with cheap korean monitors.

LOST TALE

heard that arround..that theyr're bad. why?

btw why asus no realease 144hz 4MP editin :( why so expensive.. triple the price for double the pixels

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

You get what you pay for

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Hence "cheap" they are poorly made.... 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

They may be poorly made but they have expensive panels in them from companies form LG or samsung

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Hence "cheap" they are poorly made.... 

You get what you pay for

They're not that bad sure the build quality is kinda crappy but its a monitor why does build quality really matter

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Nothing is wrong except for the bad quality (excluding Crossover and the other brand that I cannot think of right now), and the chance that you might get a bad panel which you will have pretty much no warranty. The chance of getting a bad panel are pretty slim though.

However the panels themselves are extremely good, right up there with the ViewSonic VP2770-LED.

You get a fairly nice 2560x1440 IPS panel, but you get pretty much nothing else.  Mediocre stand, cheap frame, limited OSD, limited inputs.  And effectively no warranty... it costs a ridiculous amount to ship it back to Korea so if something goes wrong you might as well just get a new one.

They may be poorly made but they have expensive panels in them from companies form LG or samsung

Nothing is wrong except for the bad quality (excluding Crossover and the other brand that I cannot think of right now), and the chance that you might get a bad panel which you will have pretty much no warranty. 

However the panels themselves are extremely good, right up there with the ViewSonic VP2770-LED.

The panels are usually A- or B grade ones that were rejected by the OEM (LG in most of them). That doesn't necessarily mean you'll get dead pixels, but for one reason or another, the panels failed to QC into grade A or A+ (You might occasionally get an A grade panel). In many cases, you'll never notice whatever issue failed QC, as it may not be super evident or obvious.

It's essentially just like the silicone lottery of overclocking a K series CPU from Intel. No guarantees how good it'll be, as long as it passes the spec it's sold at. However, there are eBay sellers who will offer a zero-dead-pixel guarantee for a premium (They test all their stock, cherry pick the good ones, and sell them as a different SKU, usually $20-$50 more expensive).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

high in put lag generally. Not the A+ panels. They're like A or A- that LG, Apple, etc rejected.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

May be cheaply assembled and because of that you may experience terrible screen bleeding or something.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Had mine for about a year now and it works fine. Never had issues and instill don't have any light bleed or dead or stuck pixels.

The build quality is cheap but I really don't care because the image quality is just perfect.

BTW, just because you buy a name brand monitor doesn't mean it's made any better. Hell, I've seems Asus $500 IPS panels using the same cheap ass stand as their $150 monitors. People that buy a monitor because of the stand or casing should be shot. If the panel is crap then the entire monitor is crap. I don't care if the stand is the best monitor stand known to man and the housing is made out of Titanium. If the image quality sucks those things mean nothing.

Warranty is a bitch, and if something is wrong you have to ship the damn thing half way around the globe, and that in itself will cost just as much as simply getting a new one. You also have to keep in mind the fact that these panels were rejected by companies like LG for whatever reason.

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Aside from the actual panel quality, the most common complaints I've heard are bad stands that are often flimsy, limited inputs and delicate inputs - it may break with too much pressure. 

I've also had mine for a few months now. You get a very good picture quality,but yes build quality is not great- It's a monitor,you won't be running around with it,or playing BASEBALL :)

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

Ive got a Crossover 3020MDP 30" 2560 x 1600 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, love it to bits! 700nzd shipped to New Zealand I think, so damn cheap comparing to the dell 30"

If you are looking for a korean monitor with excellent build quality, go with crossover (or if you want a 30")

If you are looking for a korean monitor for an overclockable refresh rate of 120hz go with a Qnix or X-Star

You get what you paid for.

Many monitors don't even have an actual brightness controls. It shifts the colors to darker, instead of controller the brightness. Those that do have brightness controls, don't have an on screen menu, or really primitive one, and have like 5-8 brightness levels. Nothing more.

Warranty is non existent, terms and condition for the little warranty you have is filed with conditions to not cover you, and no made public so that you get the surprised only after you purchase the product and spend time reading it. And also.. will you actually pay shipping back all the way to Korea? A 27inch monitor, none the less? I doubt it. They were report people paying over 200$ for shipping, and had to pay duty fees AGAIN, with the replacement one. Making the price of the replacement, cost more or the same than a named brand one. Also, some had bad luck, where the replacement was again faulty. Essentially they through away money out of the window.

The monitors are very poorly built. cases are generic cases, with a lot of time buttons that do nothing, as it's all generic.

Finally, some of these Korean manufactures (make that most of them), buys and uses rejected panels from LG or/and Samsung. Panel that have faults such as: dead or bright pixels, but that isn't the big issues, as you can get 'pixel perfect" monitors, but the other issues: reliability, durability, sharpness issue on 1 or more pixels due to miss formed grid panel, "star" effect on black due to miss formed grid, several back light bleeding, which is not normal for the model of panel used in these monitors. and possibly more.

The panel is most cases, "directly" liked to DVI port, or a sucky input switch system. This means that the monitor is not displaying the best that the panel can do, lack of color processors and look up table, making essentially a raw panel. Some can be overclocked, but your are pushing something that can't be more fast, else it would already exists as an official product. Mainly overclocking a IPS panel to 120Hz. Because the panel LCD liquid is actually not fast enough  to rotate to follow the frame, you decrease the response time of the monitor, making it looks like you see a soother image, or more frames, but really a mix of bad response time and force feeding 120fps to the panel (1fps = 1Hz). A true 120Hz monitor next to it, and you'll see the difference side by side, especially if you have are used to a true 120Hz monitor.

Only get such monitor if you really need 2560x1440 monitor, and you don't have the funds. If you are in that boat, then you can't go wrong. OR, if you understand the downfalls, you considered them before you purchase it. Many did, and had a fine experience. Any issues can justify by the low price. Which is is, to be fair.. well... fair.

If you want my opinion on it, I am all about provided the best possible computer experience to people and myself, without being ludicrously stupid in budgeting (4x GeForce Titan, Xeon CPU, and a monitor the price of a car). You know what I mean. For me, I consider a product in it's full... (full...fullness.. entirely?! I need to better vocabulary, let alone grammar... I am working on it!), meaning the warranty is just as important as the performance it provides. While its hard to know the quality of a warranty service, as I have not tried every single brand, and even then.. I'll know just for Canada, every country it's different. .

Well some of the Korean monitors have better colour quality then the Dell, Asus or Samsung ones. They have really bad build quality though but that doesn't matter all that much as it's not gonna be touched all that much.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard